Thread: Holy and Haste

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy and Haste

Should I meet a Haste breakpoint before going all Mastery?
    Last edited by ExLancer; 2012-11-07 at 07:01 AM.

Already answered multiple times, i.e. in the "ret and haste" topic on page 1. Simple answer: No, not yet.

I mean for Holy.

Quote Originally Posted by ExLancer View Post
    I mean for Holy.
    only if the first one is low on the amount of haste you need, probably.

The first breakpoint is @ 15%, aka raid buffed, second is at 25%, aka haste stacking, so no there's no breakpoint to aim for

Deleted
    Just go full out on Mastery. (Unless spirit isn't already on the item, which it always should)

I went spirit > mastery > haste > crit and i'm currently top healing in 10man and LFR fight so it's working just fine 4 me

You should just go for spirit until your comfortable and then gem/forge all out mastery.

I go haste to 20% unbuffed. This gives me 25% raidbuffed. From I've reforged out of some haste and enchanted mastery mostly.this gives me sub 2sec HL/DL which I like. Waiting 2.3 sec for a cast is stupid IMHO.
    My characters Shabinka.on tich if you wanted a.look.

Quote Originally Posted by shabinka View Post
    I go haste to 20% unbuffed. This gives me 25% raidbuffed. From I've reforged out of some haste and enchanted mastery mostly.this gives me sub 2sec HL/DL which I like. Waiting 2.3 sec for a cast is stupid IMHO.
    My characters Shabinka.on tich if you wanted a.look.
    That would be the case if most of MoP fights weren't heavy aoe dmg. Therefore, I would advise Mastery > Haste for every1

Quote Originally Posted by froxyyer View Post
    That would be the case if most of MoP fights weren't heavy aoe dmg. Therefore, I would advise Mastery > Haste for every1
    Haste also let's you HR faster... I probably get off at least a whole extra HR during those heavy aoe. Phases.

I hardly use HR. Only when it's necessary on heavy AoE fights like Wind Lord when he uses Rain of Blades. I heal a 10 man with a Monk and a resto shaman if needed. I mainly tank heal and Mastery is slow for tank healing IMHO but it is strong especially if you can get procs on DP.

Quote Originally Posted by shabinka View Post
    Haste also let's you HR faster... I probably get off at least a whole extra HR during those heavy aoe. Phases.
    A whopping 1 extra? Wowzer.

I'd easily be willing to add .3 seconds of extra cast time in order to gain 10% more mastery. That's what you lose, btw, 10% or more shields for .2-.3 sec off of a cast time. Not worth it.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Shabinka. I don't think you understand the reasoning behind Mastery > Haste. While Haste is great to quickly top someone off, it'll never beat the sustainability of Mastery over long periods of time. Which in this raid tier is pretty much every fight.

Here's a breakdown for Haste vs. Mastery

We will use Holy Radiance for this.

Haste - This is with about 20% Haste which is what I can get if I reforge into it + raid buff making it a total of 25%
    x5 Holy Radiance healing x6 people without diminishes.
    5 x 6 = 30 people healed.
    It heals for 30k per Holy Radiance on each person.
    30 people X 30,000 heal = 900,000 healing
    With 25% haste I also have about 26% mastery with raid buff
    900,000 X .26 = 234000
    So that's an extra 234000 shields in those 11 seconds you casted 5 HRs.
    234000/30,000 per heal = 7.8 extra people healed.

So with 5 HRs healing 6 people you get 900,000 heals in about 11 seconds on avarage.

Mastery - 33% total with raid buff.
    x5 Holy Radiance healing x6 people without diminishes.
    5 x 6 = 30 people healed.
    It heals for 30k per Holy Radiance on each person.
    30 people X 30,000 heal = 900,000 healing
    Now remember that you also get 33% extra shielding on each person.
    900,000 X .33 = 297000
    So you actually get 297000 extra heals in about 13 seconds with mastery.
    297000/30,000 per heal = healing just about an extra 10 people which is almost 2 more HRs than Haste in those 13 seconds.

So with that in mind. When AoE healing with Mastery you actually get a little over 2 extra heals in about the same time that you do using Haste. Hence why Mastery is stronger than Haste.

THIS BY FAR IS NOT 100% ACCURATE JUST A GUESSTIMATE

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 01:31 PM ----------

I think the math is somewhat right?
    Last edited by ExLancer; 2012-11-08 at 01:31 PM.

The maths is pointless, Haste has already been proven to be a better pure throughput stat, but Mastery uses 0 mana, where as Haste uses a considerable amount, and I'd also add the bonus that Mastery lets us overheal during luls where as with haste thats wasted healing

If you're only at 20% haste unbuffed you're doing something wrong. I reforged out of haste to mastery and enchanted mastery mostly and I'm sitting slightly over 20%. I can reforge straight haste (in class now, so around 3 is when I get out. I hate Tuesday/Thursdays) and I guarantee I will easily break 25% unbuffed. Raidbuffed I think I'm at 25% haste / 30% mastery. I'll pull numbers in a little bit just wanted to throw a response out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    To answer the original question: Don't shoot for a haste cap. Most of our spells don't actually get extra ticks whereas Mastery affects almost all of our spells. The rest of the discussion on the Mastery vs. Haste front here also seems right to me and just further reason as to why I wouldn't take Haste>Mastery.

I'm at 17% Haste with raid buff. Which puts me above the soft cap I believe. I don't need more because right now Haste is just bad for you. I sit at almost over 35% Mastery buffed. I'm not doing anything wrong, check my gear its in my signature.

I can have over 30% haste buffed. Which is actually very nice. If you can't cast your heals before someone dies then it's useless. Which is why I feel like 2.3s casts are too slow. That's why I was advocating a haste to 20% unbuffed then going mastery. And also your spec is pretty weird, not sure why you you have holy avenger and execution sentence...

15+ Year Old Account
    Changed the title of the thread to be a bit more concise!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature