Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    My stepmom worked at a KB Toys when those came out, and if I remember correctly, she said EVERY SINGLE ONE was returned, I believe because they were ALL defective. It was something like a 50% failure rate or something.
    That's not surprising, actually. Knowing the technology back then, does that look like it'll work? It looks more like a prop from Star Wars than a functional piece of gaming equipment :P Those were the days though; Nintendo was overflowing with new and innovative ideas. Some worked, the others are remembered because of how comically atrocious they were.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-11-09 at 07:16 AM.

I liked my xbox controller and i have a razer one i use for both my computer and my xbox...
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally prefer the xbox 360 controller, buttons are perfectly placed and the weight with a battery pack or 2 AAs inside feels great. Close second would be the gamecube controller and my least favourite controllers are any and all of the playstation ones, too small and the buttons are awkward to hit.

Deleted
    Well, most controllers these days are comfortable enough for me, although the PS3 one feels a little out of date ergonomically these days compared to the 360. The first controller that made me think "wow this is actually comfortable" was the old Microsoft Sidewinder.

Least comfortable would be the NES and Master System, no effect at all to make them nice to hold back then I guess. And while the N64 was fine to hold, it always confused me as to why Nintendo thought I had 3 hands.

Keyboard and mouse I find hard to beat these days though.
    Last edited by mmoc53a5d0407d; 2012-11-09 at 07:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super Famicom (convex buttons)
    Xbox 360
    Gamecube

Those are my top three, in approximate order.

The least comfortable controller I've held in memory is probably the PS3's, and it's almost entirely due to the triggers. What kind of drugs were the developers snorting when they decided that triggers should be convex?
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

Deleted
    SNES, GC controllers and mouse and keyboard. XBox controllers have always felt too large, PS controllers too light and the N64 was just weird.

PS2 controller for me, maybe because I have used it so long but it just was a perfect fit for me. Always thought the XBOX was too big and clunky.

Deleted
    GameCube controller

Deleted
    For me, it'd have to be the playstations Dualshock controller ;3.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you include gaming pads, my fav is the Razer Nostromo. So comfy, I've been on that for hours and felt great.

Despite not being a big fan of the Xbox, the 360 controller is pretty great. I would have said the SNES controller, but the fact that the 360 controller is wireless makes it a winner.

PSX controller for sure. Snes feels too small now, NES similar + corners are pointy. For second place I'd say the 6 button Genesis controller.

Lol how can anyone hate the N64 controller, that thing was boss.

All the PS controllers on the other hand have always been complete garbage, which makes it absolutely hilarious that they haven't changed the design.

Dreamcast controller was interesting... but dat wire on the bottom of the controller drove me friggin nuts.

Classic Xbox controller is definitely the worst thing ever made. The second iteration and 360 ones ain't bad.

Oh right I'm supposed to pick a favorite instead of just being a hater... SNES. Simple, elegant, logical. Would've gone with NES for teh classic lulz but pointy sides are never a good choice on a controller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems many here have gigantic hands lol. I personally love the PS3 controller, it's light weight and my hands wrap around it perfectly. I feel like the Xbox 360 controller has too much wasted space and it is heavier than i'd like.

It's funny, my best friend and I were having this exact discussion last night. He likes the Xbox 360 controller better and i like th ePS3 controller better. But we both agreed that the game cube controller was the worse ever. Terrible button placement and funky design.

We also agreed that if someone was to make a mix up of the PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers it would be the best. PS3 shape and weight, Xbox analog layout. Keep the PS3 pressure sensitive buttons and Xbox 360's triggers.

If it was possible i'd make one myself, pretty sure i can get close, but the Analog positions would be difficult to alter on a PS3 controller.

I think also it kind of depends on the game i'm playing. For an RPG i'd rather the PS3 controller, but for something like Forza or a FPS, i like the xbox controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    It's funny, my best friend and I were having this exact discussion last night. He likes the Xbox 360 controller better and i like th ePS3 controller better. But we both agreed that the game cube controller was the worse ever. Terrible button placement and funky design.
    Not to single you out since a few people have said something similar, but this is really lol. The 360/PS3/GC controllers have extremely similar designs with only slight differences in button layout and contours, so I hope saying the GC is the worst means you just haven't played any other system.

Deleted
    Atari Pong Controller

May not be the most useful, but its without a doubt the most comfortable I have ever used to date.

Deleted
    Without a doubt my TAC-2 from my C64/Amiga time

10+ Year Old Account
    360, dreamcast, 64, gamecube. I have big hands. My only problem is after long sessions the controllers feel sweaty. I fucking hate playstation controllers. They are so tiny that i can accidentally press r1/r2 or l1/l2 when i'm just trying to press one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    keyboard and mouse , nothing ever comes close

Xbox 360 controller is enormous. Do not find comfortable, tbh.

Sega Saturn was the most comfortable to hold controller: