Poll: WG and TB as Bgs?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Should blizzard turn TB and WG into bgs?

Should Blizzard go back and turn Tol barad and Wintergrasp into 40 man BGs? Maybe they could take all the 40 mans and put them in a separate queue.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2012-11-08 at 08:14 PM.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for this!

I've read a couple of blue posts in the last few months where it seems blizzard are putting out the feelings to this idea. I just don't know if people would go wild for this idea.

The more PVP the better I think!

Well, I'm not massively interested in or opposed to the idea. Maybe they would actually work with balanced team sizes (my realm is heavily imbalanced :P).

I dunno about separating the 40m queue though. They'd have to tweak the rewards wouldn't they? Otherwise you'd get a big discrepancy in wait times that would be a self-exacerbating problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only reason they are not, is because of the raids that are icluded in those zones. think about it.. if 40 people from 40 different servers win.. who controls the raid access? and who controls it 30secs later when another group of 40 random people win?

then there are the quests tied to those zones, that rely heavily on which factions controls the zone. its really much more then just flipping a switch.

would i care if they were made into BG's? not really.. i dont BG anyways. just give me some time to get all the stuff i want from them, or a vendor to buy them from
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2012-11-09 at 02:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    the only reason they are not, is because of the raids that are icluded in those zones. think about it.. if 40 people from 40 different servers win.. who controls the raid access? and who controls it 30secs later when another group of 40 random people win?
    They would have to remove the raid within it. Also would have to take it off the realm servers and put them into the BG servers (least i think that's how it works) so it wouldn't effect anything on a particular realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squaddles View Post
    They would have to remove the raid within it. Also would have to take it off the realm servers and put them into the BG servers (least i think that's how it works) so it wouldn't effect anything on a particular realm.
    it affects more then that.. one raid drops a mount that people still actively farm for. as well as level appropriate vendor items.. not everybody has a desire to go to max level. its not my thing... but its somebody's thing. so stuff has to be taken into consideration. is all im sayin.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

then there are the quests tied to them those zones, that rely heavily on which factions controls the zone. its really much more then just flipping a switch.

would i care if they were made into BG's? not really.. i dont BG anyways. just give me some time to get all the stuff i want from them, or a vendor to buy them from
    They could keep the current system, but add it as a bg. Or just make it that anyone can still fly there and enter no matter who owns it( as it should be now xD)
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    it affects more then that.. one raid drops a mount that people still actively farm for. as well as level appropriate vendor items.. not everybody has a desire to go to max level. its not my thing... but its somebody's thing. so stuff has to be taken into consideration. is all im sayin.
    I think if they were to make WG and TB as their own battlegrounds, there'd be no reason for people to keep doing them on their own realms. Because of this, they'd have to basically disable them as PvP objectives and make the raids accessible 24/7 to anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not saying remove the world zones. keep those, but make bg versions as well. Or maybe just update them to level 90 places, but I dont see that going over well in Northrend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    They could keep the current system, but add it as a bg. Or just make it that anyone can still fly there and enter no matter who owns it( as it should be now xD)
    interesting. im sure are ways to fix things for everybody. i dont mind either way, as im sure, blizz would give us time to get the stuff we want...

hopefully.. *looks sadly at those who have a ZG tiger mount*

10+ Year Old Account
    Wintergrasp originated as a 40-man BG, and was downsized due to faction imbalance. So, WG can be re-tuned for 40-man no problem, as long as faction balance is there.

Off-topic: I am assuming, with the thread topic and those who have commented, none of you played early Wrath.

Deleted
    Last thing I want is two extra mass zerg, Player versus Siege battlegrounds. They should reduce the size of 40man BGs down to 15/20 man.

Either way, I would be fine with TB & WG becoming Battlegrounds, if they were put in separate queue as the OP suggested.

10+ Year Old Account
    WG was originially a 120 man BG. TB was smaller, but still big- it capped out at 80v80.

What they need to do is make the rewards worthwhile for the time invested, as well as move them to the top of the que. (I.E 300 cp for first win/week, 150 cp every one after to the smaller cap.

Do this, and ppl will do TB/WG all the time. No need to make it a specific 40 man or w/e.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    WG was originially a 120 man BG. TB was smaller, but still big- it capped out at 80v80.

What they need to do is make the rewards worthwhile for the time invested, as well as move them to the top of the que. (I.E 300 cp for first win/week, 150 cp every one after to the smaller cap.

Do this, and ppl will do TB/WG all the time. No need to make it a specific 40 man or w/e.
    I like this idea. I wish blizzard would use the scaling tech to scale 70s to 90 and 85s to 90 so that they can still do the zones.

a TB BG would be much better than TB itself. and turning both into instanced BG's would get a lot more use out of them then what we are seeing now.

Voted yes, I really like this idea every time it is brought up. WG and, to a lesser extent, TB would be two large random BGs I don't hate, and blacklist.

Deleted
    They should do what RIFT did with conquest, they should turn TB into a 200v200v200 bg

Yes, if they somehow scaled them down, or perhaps it would work if they were 40v40 bgs, TB might work then but I think WG is still a tad big.

10+ Year Old Account
    it would be a bit strange considering one team always seems to win >.<

yeh 200v 200 v 200 are very fun :P i don't think wow could handle it very well though >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    it would be a bit strange considering one team always seems to win >.<

yeh 200v 200 v 200 are very fun :P i don't think wow could handle it very well though >.<
    I think it would work fine, RIFT has a very low population compared to WoW there is no denying that, but it takes seconds for conquest to fill up completely. i think if they put into wow it wouldn't be too hard to find those numbers.