Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    was starfall bug ever fixed?

    You know, the bug that made starfall pull mobs you were not in combat with..

    I can't yet perfectly gauge the radius of starfall while I'm moving and the other night I got blamed for wiping a run for popping starfall, tank said it pulled group across the (smallish) room. Not having seen it do that, I'm scared to ever use it again and it is a primary part of the boomy rotation. Blizz QA should have tested that before going live imo...

    /madatblizzdammit :(

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Caanrial View Post
    You know, the bug that made starfall pull mobs you were not in combat with..

    I can't yet perfectly gauge the radius of starfall while I'm moving and the other night I got blamed for wiping a run for popping starfall, tank said it pulled group across the (smallish) room. Not having seen it do that, I'm scared to ever use it again and it is a primary part of the boomy rotation. Blizz QA should have tested that before going live imo...

    /madatblizzdammit
    No, it wasn't. And it likely won't be.

    Here's what I've found as it may help.

    Starfall WILL pull neutral NPCs that are not in combat.
    Starfall WILL hit mobs that other players (not in your group) are engaged with.
    Starfall will NOT hit hostile mobs that are not currently in combat.

    As such it is not likely that your starfall would have hit mobs in a dungeon unless someone had already hit them or aggro'd them somehow. That being said, the range on starfall seems to be huge.

    On the topic of Blizz should have tested it, this was a bug before. It was fixed by Blizz. It was broken again this xpac. Their fix was a glyph to make the range of starfall smaller. The glyph was cancelled.

  3. #3
    Starfall hits anything neutral or hostile that is not at full health. There are lots of situations in dungeons where there are mobs that fit this description, so you have to keep an eye open and learn to suppress the habit of hitting Starfall on entering Lunar Eclipse if there are mobs around that fit this description. It's not so much a bug as it is a royal pain in the ass.

    I kinda missed Starfail tho =)

  4. #4
    Didn't they cancel the new focus glyph that reduced the radius after adding it on the PTR too?

  5. #5
    They fixed all these problems in a Firelands patch.

    But then they fucked it up in Mists and now we're screwed again.

  6. #6
    It will hit anything that is in combat or has less than 100% health.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It will hit anything that is in combat or has less than 100% health.
    It still will hit stuff that you are not in combat with, and still has 100% health, specifically neutral mobs.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    Didn't they cancel the new focus glyph that reduced the radius after adding it on the PTR too?
    Yup they took it out. They are still refusing to fix it again as well. Not sure why either as it's terribly annoying to pull everything and the kitchen sink in some places. I do my dailies in boomkin and I get probably 2-3 tells a week from people moaning that I "tagged" their mobs and kill stole from them. If I press Starfall and you happen to body pull something and not actually tag it, it's not my fault. I've just stopped explaining that Starfall is bugged to people.

    Let me guess OP, you were in Scarlet Monastery when you were accused of wiping the group? The first room with those mobs definitely pulls upon using Starfall. The other room that's outside with the fountain area also mass pulls if you use Halo or Starfall too.
    Last edited by Melodi; 2012-11-09 at 12:42 AM.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

  9. #9
    Starfall just annoys me when im doing dailies.... i dont want that extra mob... i dont need to kill it
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

    General George S Patton

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer Elunedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,345
    i hope they dont fix it, i love doing dialeis when there is a boomking nearby, i jsut stand clost to him and he kills the mobs for me
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

  11. #11
    Starfall Tooltip;

    You summon a flurry of stars from the sky on all targets within 40 yards of the caster that you're in combat with

  12. #12
    That part isn't actually working. It doesn't discriminate between things in combat with you and things in combat with something else.

  13. #13
    Pandaren Monk Auloria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,941
    It even hits the training dummies in Scarlet Monastery. >.>

  14. #14
    Blademaster Laernis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Leeds, England
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    Starfall just annoys me when im doing dailies.... i dont want that extra mob... i dont need to kill it
    I hate doing 'The Big Kah-Oona' quest in the Arboretum, I can't seem to avoid pulling in mobs, but having to resort the Starfall just intensifies my nightmare.

  15. #15
    Here there's the direct link to where they said starfall should not hit crowd controlled mobs and mobs that you are not in combat with:

    Hotfix, July 1st 2011 Patch 4.2: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3019413
    Starfall is no longer hitting targets that are within 40 yards if they are not in combat with the druid or his/her party/raid members. It is targeting all hostile characters in combat with the druid’s party/raid members, is not hitting Stealth characters, is not breaking crowd control effects, and is not targeting nearby critters.
    Starfall never stopped hitting crowd controlled targets, and now it is hitting every mob or player that is in combat within 40yard, even if it is not in combat with the druid (and the spell tooltip states it should be).

    Those are two very important mechanics, especially the CC one because with MoP we can use that spell more often, but in arena it is useless if it breaks any CC.



    I've tried to report that in this thread http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5585779551 and never received an answer from anyone.

    I guess i've failed when i've typed http://eu.
    Last edited by Meldon; 2012-11-09 at 09:52 PM.

  16. #16
    Starfall never stopped hitting any target that is in combat with something, either. Only the stealth and critter parts ever worked.

    Personally, i wish they would just make a glyph that turns it into a single target DoT.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    Let me guess OP, you were in Scarlet Monastery when you were accused of wiping the group? The first room with those mobs definitely pulls upon using Starfall. The other room that's outside with the fountain area also mass pulls if you use Halo or Starfall too. :(
    Scholomance..Razorgore, the room with all the skeles. :(

  18. #18
    They say that they 'like that you have to pay attention when you AoE'.

    That would be great and dandy but Starfall isn't a normal 'aoe'. It's a normal part of our single target rotation. The only other class I think that uses any kind of aoe as a normal ability is priests and Halo, and then again I'm not even 100% sure that's normal for a single target situation.

    If starfall were an actual aoe that we only used during aoe situations, then sure, okay Blizz, you win. But it's not. Therefore, fuck that bullshit.

  19. #19
    Moderator Stommped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,861
    This isn't really an issue at all, you can safely use it pretty much in any 5 man with the exception of Scarlet Monastery. In raids it won't even proc Spirit Kings shields as long as you cast it BEFORE the shield is activated.

    This isn't a bug but the fact that it breaks CC is the most annoying thing about Starfall. Will of the Emperor specifically calls for a ton of CC on rages and you pretty much can never use Starfall throughout the fight as a result. I would like to see a glyph that makes stars ONLY hit your target. Meaning if there are two or more mobs up you will be sacraficing half of your stars, but at least on a fight like you Will you can use the spell. We have no 2 piece bonus when fighting this boss :/

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    This isn't really an issue at all, you can safely use it pretty much in any 5 man with the exception of Scarlet Monastery. In raids it won't even proc Spirit Kings shields as long as you cast it BEFORE the shield is activated.

    This isn't a bug but the fact that it breaks CC is the most annoying thing about Starfall. Will of the Emperor specifically calls for a ton of CC on rages and you pretty much can never use Starfall throughout the fight as a result. I would like to see a glyph that makes stars ONLY hit your target. Meaning if there are two or more mobs up you will be sacraficing half of your stars, but at least on a fight like you Will you can use the spell. We have no 2 piece bonus when fighting this boss :/
    Or just give us back the reduced radius on starfall glyph.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •