Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    High Overlord MCitra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    135
    Firstly - Skipping the first boss because it is "Harder" then the others might be makes the world first go from "this might be super awsome" to "downer".
    And no, everyone have opinions but this was just bad, so disapointed when i got home to read this honestly.

    Second - 2nd and third boss easier and took 2 hours between, really blizzard? WE JUST WANTED A RAID WITH HARD BOSSES ALL THE WAY to make it more fun for the world first guilds, once they cleared it perhaps twice nerf it down to the dam ground all you want. but this... aaaaaaaargh! *sadmode*

    I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

  2. #42
    Congrats guys and girls, well deserved and don't care about the people complaining. Just enjoy you did what they did not .
    ~ Streaming stuff and drawings ~

  3. #43
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,885
    My guess is nobody in this thread arguing against this tactic even played during Ulduar, when different guilds got different "hardmodes" down in the first week of their availability.

    Don't believe me?

    http://www.wowwiki.com/Guild_progres...otLK%29/Ulduar

    /endthread

    If it was acceptable in the heralded "greatest raid ever made", it's acceptable now.

  4. #44
    The Patient Lamoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston, ma
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by purplelace View Post
    Blizzard,

    Don't let the race be dictated by heroic or normal switching, especially when it comes to "linear" progression. The following rules should be in place (for LINEAR) progression:

    • If you kill a boss on normal, all of the remainder bosses can only be killed on normal.
    • If you kill a boss on heroic, heroic progression remains, but once you have switched to normal mode and killed a boss, you can not do any other heroic bosses.

    Given how long it took them to down the 2nd and 3rd bosses (no 10v25 arguments here), it looks like difficulty is a bit out of sequence. The world first race has been tainted by now, and many streams have been discouraged from further putting in attempts on the first boss, taking suite after Arctica.

    Please put faith back in the world race by taking these things into consideration.
    1) This isn't the first time that has happened.
    2) EVERYONE can do it, so it is fair. If people choose not to, that's their problem, not Blizzard.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Who cares really, the only thing that matters is who defeat the last boss, rest isn't very relevant.

    Let them get 15min of fame.
    I agree with you except for that no-one really gets "fame" in RL for being good at wow raiding I fear.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    My guess is nobody in this thread arguing against this tactic even played during Ulduar, when different guilds got different "hardmodes" down in the first week of their availability.

    Don't believe me?

    http://www.wowwiki.com/Guild_progres...otLK%29/Ulduar

    /endthread

    If it was acceptable in the heralded "greatest raid ever made", it's acceptable now.
    Are you serious ? In Ulduar you were able to kill the Last Boss anyway with this Way but you are not able to do the same now... how hard is this to understand ?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    this is something that has been known too top worlds since the systems was implented (ICC).

    its sad one of them breaks their honor code, but its not too blame blizz to be honest
    Right because when guilds purposefully class stack, abuse mechanics, and exploit the honor code still holds true.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by purplelace View Post
    Blizzard,

    Don't let the race be dictated by heroic or normal switching, especially when it comes to "linear" progression. The following rules should be in place (for LINEAR) progression:

    • If you kill a boss on normal, all of the remainder bosses can only be killed on normal.
    • If you kill a boss on heroic, heroic progression remains, but once you have switched to normal mode and killed a boss, you can not do any other heroic bosses.

    Given how long it took them to down the 2nd and 3rd bosses (no 10v25 arguments here), it looks like difficulty is a bit out of sequence. The world first race has been tainted by now, and many streams have been discouraged from further putting in attempts on the first boss, taking suite after Arctica.

    Please put faith back in the world race by taking these things into consideration.

    Who the hell cares kid. All that matters is who gets the last boss on heroic first and if you don't kill them all on heroic you cant do that. Problem solved move along.

  9. #49
    I found it hilarious how the boss is "TOO HARD" if he didn't die in the first day. I know Kael in TK died after 2 months of being released.
    That guy (>'.')>


    How i would rate WoW Cinematics : WotLK>MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

  10. #50
    World first guilds aren't the only guilds that matter. What about MSV - you'd really deny a guild that can kill H Elegon but not Gara'jal or RNGkings Heroic Elegon kills when it is irrelevant for ranking by now, or even realm firsts? How about Marrowgar, Lootship and Festergut/Rotface/Princes versus Deathwhisper and Saurfang in ICC? Or Ultraxion versus Zon'ozz/ Hagara in DS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    “When people talk about the good old days, I say to people, 'It's not the days that are old, it's you that's old.' I hate the good old days. What is important is that today is good.”
    ― Karl Lagerfeld
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

  11. #51
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,959
    Who cares.

    They got some notice and probably thought it was a more efficient use of their time to just skip over the first boss that people have been poopsocking for almost 48 hours now.

  12. #52
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    282
    There's rules now? You pick whatever fight you wanna do, and you do it...This is nothing new :l

    Butthurt all over the place!

  13. #53
    Why get your panties in a wad? Chances are you are probably aren't even in a light year's reach of the world first. Just play the game and let others do what they do. I understand it is an e-sport but its not like they broke the rules. A win is a win. Grats to Artica.

  14. #54
    Brewmaster cyqu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where the pros reside
    Posts
    1,318
    the dumbest thread I've read on mmo in a long time.

    the end boss of the instance is the only boss that matters, the top guilds probably care less then half the people on mmo about who gets the first 5 bosses dead in this raid.

  15. #55
    The Patient Ketsis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    313
    Here is a statement by Arctica: http://www.arcticaguild.fi/?p=610

    Translation:
    Arctica makes history! Now we have done what the whole guild has always dreamed of: World First. And even two times in a row!

    As a self-conscious guild we decided to skip the first boss after few pulls. Our mind was only on optimizing the lockout, not the World Firsts or moment of fame. We probably would have hit a wall on a first boss and possible easier bosses would have been left alive. Our goal is not to raid anymore during this lockout than anyother lockouts. Next raid is on Sunday and we hope to get few more kills then.

    Sorry for bad english
    11th best Holy Paladin in the world?

  16. #56

  17. #57
    They didn't say anything about the platform start though. That is annoying.

    Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystearica View Post
    And Blizzard rains on the parade of skipping bosses.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...13?page=13#249
    dunno if I should laugh at the guilds who skipped him or be angry with blizzard with hotfixnerfing boss between maintenances again, which they said they wouldnt do to make competition "fair"

  19. #59
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    dunno if I should laugh at the guilds who skipped him or be angry with blizzard with hotfixnerfing boss between maintenances again, which they said they wouldnt do to make competition "fair"
    I don't know about you, but I'm laughing at this fiasco quite a bit. Enjoying it a good bit.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    dunno if I should laugh at the guilds who skipped him or be angry with blizzard with hotfixnerfing boss between maintenances again, which they said they wouldnt do to make competition "fair"
    The competition is still fair. It was unkillable before. Now they are bringing it inline a little better. I am not diminishing Arctica's guild in any way, but they havent spent hardly anytime in HoF and downed 2 bosses already. Meaning that the 1st was so severely overtuned it wasn't funny.

    Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •