Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

HC HoF Race Ruined - Arctica 2/6 HC after doing Imperial on Normal.

Blizzard,

Don't let the race be dictated by heroic or normal switching, especially when it comes to "linear" progression. The following rules should be in place (for LINEAR) progression:

• If you kill a boss on normal, all of the remainder bosses can only be killed on normal.
    • If you kill a boss on heroic, heroic progression remains, but once you have switched to normal mode and killed a boss, you can not do any other heroic bosses.

Given how long it took them to down the 2nd and 3rd bosses (no 10v25 arguments here), it looks like difficulty is a bit out of sequence. The world first race has been tainted by now, and many streams have been discouraged from further putting in attempts on the first boss, taking suite after Arctica.

Please put faith back in the world race by taking these things into consideration.
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-11-08 at 10:57 PM.

This wasn't something the other guilds couldn't do, so I don't see it as anything wrong.

I see it as skipping a zone you know is bad exp when going for world first 90 or something similar.

Avoiding a good defender in football by going the other way around to score.

I dunno, maybe it's just me.

Deleted
    this is something that has been known too top worlds since the systems was implented (ICC).

its sad one of them breaks their honor code, but its not too blame blizz to be honest

Considering how fast they've reconsidered the difficulty of Zor'lok, I think it's a bit unfair to make claims such as these against the company. It'd be one thing if they'd stuck to their guns about the difficulty of the encounter.. but they realized it was a mistake pretty quickly.

I can't remember any raids that outright prevented swapping between difficulties for the initial bosses anyways. Some of them required you to have killed bosses on heroic to approach the final encounters, but the beginning ones could always be swapped on and off even in linear style.

Deleted
    Haters gonna hate.

And... lol'd very much at "ruined"

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) This isn't blizzard
    2) The ''race'' is controlled by wow progress who post here from time to time
    3) I sense jealously unfortunately

Nothing else needs to be said

''Ruined'' makes it even more entertaining

Deleted
    Nice skipping

Just seems like Arctica pussed out and gave up on a boss and decided to continue on without the headache of it.

Even if they clear the whole place it won't be considered World First by any means and they will always have an * by their name and will always be remembered as "that guild"

Deleted
    Nothing is ruined. Arctìca is now only able to get 4/6 heroic kills this week. They can't kill the first boss because they killed him on normal. The last boss won't spawn on heroic unless all other bosses in the raid was killed on heroic.

What's the big deal? They can't get world first on the end boss either way.

Quote Originally Posted by purplelace View Post
    Blizzard,

Don't let the race be dictated by heroic or normal switching, especially when it comes to "linear" progression. The following rules should be in place (for LINEAR) progression:

• If you kill a boss on normal, all of the remainder bosses can only be killed on normal.
    • If you kill a boss on heroic, heroic progression remains, but once you have switched to normal mode and killed a boss, you can not do any other heroic bosses.

Given how long it took them to down the 2nd and 3rd bosses (no 10v25 arguments here), it looks like difficulty is a bit out of sequence. The world first race has been tainted by now, and many streams have been discouraged from further putting in attempts on the first boss, taking suite after Arctica.

Please put faith back in the world race by taking these things into consideration.
    Stop whining. There are no rules. If someone killed a boss on heroic first then they are ahead. Not every group or raid is setup so that they can do every boss. If that group felt they could do a later boss on heroic then so be it. They still have to kill the boss they skipped eventually.

Deleted
    Finland finland represting :dd ebin finland #1 finland #1 get on their level lol u mad!?

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    lol'd very much at "ruined"
    This guild decided to do what they needed to do in order to progress, and they obviously were successful so kudos to them. The logic of the OP is based on the same 'unwritten rules' crap we hear about in all sports (eg, in baseball, don't steal if you are up by more than 5 runs after the 6th inning, etc). Please...

It's not as if throughout Tier 11 people did Omnotron Defense System before Chimaeron, Atramedes or Maloriak.

I don't know. To me, the end-boss is the only one that truly matters in a world first race.

With them killing it on normal they literally cant get 6/6hc this week for world first while other guilds still working on the first boss could possibly get 6/6h.

They shot themselfs in the foot if they wanted to get world first 6/6
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Just don't make threads like this if you have no idea what you're talking about. At this time Zor'lok is where the world first race is at.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Atleast paragon has competition now?

Delete my comment, warn me if you want, but this doesn't effect a large majority of the other guilds racing, just paragon

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    With them killing it on normal they literally cant get 6/6hc this week for world first while other guilds still working on the first boss could possibly get 6/6h.

They shot themselfs in the foot if they wanted to get world first 6/6
    Well I haven't even heard of them haha like literally, Guess they can get some fame here.

No It's not bad thing I really haven't heard of you guys <.<