Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm sure CM raids have occurred to everyone - including Blizzard - and are probably a good idea.

But the people whining about LFR are not world first raiders, they're middle tier raiders at best. And I'm willing to bet the majority of them just raid for gear anyway so a CM raid which is about execution and has no gear reward would be unappealing to them.

Then again, LFR whiners are not a problem which needs solving in my opinion. Just ignore them.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 06:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Better solution: Don't put legendary sigils and weapons in LFR.

Another solution: Don't put tier tokens in there either.

Unless both of these things are removed from LFR, I feel 100% forced to do it every week even though I'm by no means a casual or a bad (two mutually exclusive adjectives)
    If you raid NM/HM you will get better gear from there than that junk in LFR, and the sigils from LFR will get you that gem what, a week early? Assuming you have a Sha-Touched socket by then anyway?

Don't get all this bitching anyway, LFR is easy and fun and if you want it done fast without pugs then your raid team should be doing it as a team instead of all queueing individually.

The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Unless both of these things are removed from LFR, I feel 100% forced to do it every week even though I'm by no means a casual or a bad (two mutually exclusive adjectives)
    If normal/heroic raiders can double dip, so can LFR raiders. That means the RNG can drop normal/heroic gear.

Fair is fair.

Like that better?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

If there was only a one set of gear, high-end encounters would likely be tuned easier in your scenario than they are now because the later encounters are currently tuned assuming that the players also have some or even full heroic gear.

It is of course possible that the encounters could be tuned hard because it would be assumed that only the dedicated would be interested in trying them. However, I don't think that's likely and not necessarily even such a good use of design time.

It's an interesting idea that some people have been throwing around before but I doubt its viability or functionality in comparison to the current system.