Thread: Soloing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Granted, I did it with a rogue, however Reliquary is pretty easy if you play it smart. Phase 1 burn the boss, phase 2 I did a lot of auto-attacks as a ran around, pumped a couple of combo builders and just used all available combo points to run recuperate, that ensures that I stay healed, then phase 3 is just another burn phase.

    Point is, if you have any type of heal, just slow your DPS heavily during phase 2 and keep topped off, during the CC parts just ride them out and top back off again.

    - Marek

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    Has anyone solo'd Kael'Thas yet? I've been doing a lot of soloing on my warrior and just started on my enhance shaman. I'm at 480 ilvl so my gear shouldn't be an issue. I'm just not sure what would happen with MC d/t wolves and elementals (not worried about anything else in the fight).
    He's been soloable since Cataclysm for every class. Generals are really the only hard part I'd see for enhance unless they use the staff like ferals do. If you don't, blowing up Capernian and Telanicus is the priority, then kiting the other two while healing.

    For Kael, if you're worried about the fire damage, grab the mace + equip + cast a healing spell every 30 seconds + swap to original weapon. You now have 50% reduced fire damage. PvP trinket helps for the disorients, don't use wolves/totems.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 06:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    What can a (elemental) shaman solo since MoP? Can we solo some Wrath raids? Cata HC's? TBC Raids?

    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZH| Would this be a good spec to solo?

    Im thinking of Naxx/ICC/ToC/MH/BT

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 02:04 PM ----------

    Any response would be nice.
    All vanilla content, though I'd suggest being enhance for Viscidus in AQ40
    All TBC content (RoS cd on Soul Shriek was increased to about 20 seconds)
    For WotLK, I'd assume Naxx/Ony/EoE for 10 man. Maybe OS3D as well if your Earth Elemental is good at holding aggro.
    For Cata, Alysrazor in FL is soloable

  3. #43
    Good to know. I was thinking that he would somehow pop wolves/elementals for me and then MC.....maybe I'm just used to some other bosses doing that and was confusing the two. I would think that burning all the generals wouldn't be too tough if you pop wolves/elementals during that phase. Just hold off on killing the last one until they have run their course.

    I've solo'd quite a bit on my warrior already and love that aspect of the game. Maybe it's nostalgia for me. So running through old content on my shaman is a bonus (plus the chance at mounts).

  4. #44
    To add to the list, the first 5bosses in ulduar25 are soloable and hopefully will add to the list soon, ulduar 10 is completely soloable.
    Onyxia 25 is also easy whilst time consuming cus the adds have alot of hp and come frequently
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2012-12-11 at 08:11 PM.

  5. #45
    Illidan kicked my but, the fire elementals do a lot of damage. How do you handle them as elemental spec?

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbs View Post
    Illidan kicked my but, the fire elementals do a lot of damage. How do you handle them as elemental spec?
    Yea i know what you mean, those elementals srsly hurt. Its a while ago since i did that but I think I literally popped everything, and just nuked them down, using ancestral guidance and ascendance also gives a very high hps so that helps with survival on them. I think I also went with primal elementalist for the burst since whilst lb spamming the other 2 90 talents are useless and echo since hero reduces the cast time of lava burst to 1second and thus weakening em. After you get them down its pretty much a kill.

  7. #47
    Fire elementals on Illidan will enrage if you pull em too far from their "weapons", that's what probably caused your problems.
    I did BT this week on with my rogue and got owned in 5-10 seconds on first try when I was stupid enough to go after first elemental on side, second one enraged and hit for 60k and more fire damage, no armor mitigation = ouch ouch.

    2nd try - stand exactly in middle, between weapons, neither didn't get pulled too far and did not enrage - easy mode. (Granted, Combat Rogue OP cleave, but still ...).

  8. #48
    Earth ele is your friend in p2, did this at 85 no problem.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Dharenna View Post
    Fire elementals on Illidan will enrage if you pull em too far from their "weapons", that's what probably caused your problems.
    I did BT this week on with my rogue and got owned in 5-10 seconds on first try when I was stupid enough to go after first elemental on side, second one enraged and hit for 60k and more fire damage, no armor mitigation = ouch ouch.

    2nd try - stand exactly in middle, between weapons, neither didn't get pulled too far and did not enrage - easy mode. (Granted, Combat Rogue OP cleave, but still ...).
    Oh rlly? thats quite useful to know

  10. #50
    Solo'd quite a bit today as enhance.

    Black Temple was easy. I just popped everything (including earth elemental) on Phase 2 of Illidan. The only time I came close to dieing was on the council. And that was b/c I got lazy and wasn't paying attention for about 20 seconds. Gurtogg was surprisingly easy compared to how close I get to death on my warrior (fury).

    TK was simple. During the Kael fight when he rez's everyone I came close to death there (15%). Gruuls, Mags, Kara (other than chess), and Ony 10 were all cake. These are all from today.

    Here is what I have solo'd so far on the shaman--

    WotLK:
    -Ony 10
    -Spider/Plague wings and Saph/KT in Naxx 10
    -OS 10

    TBC:
    -BT
    -TK
    -Gruuls
    -Karazhan (except Chess)
    -Mags
    -SSC (except Vashj d/t getting too many stacks)
    -Hyjal (except for Archimonde, only tried once and died and had to log...haven't been back)
    I have yet to try Sunwell on this toon.

    Vanilla:
    -MC
    -BWL (except for Razorgore)
    -AQ 20/40



    Later this week I'll go into some more Wrath raids and give them a shot. My main focus though is making sure I get Kael'Thas and Ony down weekly on every toon I can for the mounts.

  11. #51
    ^

    Razorgore is a joke to do now, so you should try it sometime.

    I've yet to try TK as elemental since i hit level 90, though mainly it's because I already have the mount, so I haven't bothered. I am curious though. I know the adds that pop up all at once used to kick my ass in the past. I imagine it can still be a pain to do.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    ^

    Razorgore is a joke to do now, so you should try it sometime.

    I've yet to try TK as elemental since i hit level 90, though mainly it's because I already have the mount, so I haven't bothered. I am curious though. I know the adds that pop up all at once used to kick my ass in the past. I imagine it can still be a pain to do.
    Actually they arent bad now, you can easily kill the starting room instead of kiting them to the entrance nowadays. The strategy is to pick up the staff when it drops from the weapons. Make sure you use this, it allows you to become immune to most the cc whent he adds are revived. When the adds are revived its a good idea to pop ascendance since they are the hardest part of the fight, I tend to kill the fast running melee 1 first since he fears and thats the only cc the staff doesnt stop. The rest are pretty easy. Anyway after they are dead reequip your main weapon and its an easy kill. You still need a fair bit of dps since the boss does a debuff which reduces your hp so you will eventually get 1 shot by the fireball.
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2012-12-13 at 09:45 AM.

  13. #53
    Kael'Thas as Elemental is a joke.

    I just spread them around the room when killing the first time. Then when they come again, pop Earh Elemental and Acendance (With staff equipped) and burn them down.
    Hardly any damage taken.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    ^

    Razorgore is a joke to do now, so you should try it sometime.

    I've yet to try TK as elemental since i hit level 90, though mainly it's because I already have the mount, so I haven't bothered. I am curious though. I know the adds that pop up all at once used to kick my ass in the past. I imagine it can still be a pain to do.

    What's the strat on Razorgore now that they've "nerfed" it a bit? I've never tried that fight solo on any toon. Used to run it a lot for transmog during cata but there were always 2 or 3 of us.

  15. #55
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    What's the strat on Razorgore now that they've "nerfed" it a bit? I've never tried that fight solo on any toon. Used to run it a lot for transmog during cata but there were always 2 or 3 of us.
    Just use the orb as normal and destroy eggs. If too many adds get on Razorgore then stop the channel, heal yourself a bit (to gain agro) then start rechannelling. Should take at most 2-3 rechannels before the eggs are all destroyed.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Just use the orb as normal and destroy eggs. If too many adds get on Razorgore then stop the channel, heal yourself a bit (to gain agro) then start rechannelling. Should take at most 2-3 rechannels before the eggs are all destroyed.
    this.
    Also I recommend starting on the furthest away eggs first. When I did the closest eggs first sometimes the mobs diddnt agro me and stayed on the boss when i got too far away

  17. #57
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by delaxes View Post
    this.
    Also I recommend starting on the furthest away eggs first. When I did the closest eggs first sometimes the mobs diddnt agro me and stayed on the boss when i got too far away
    Definitely this. Another problem with destroying the eggs close to you is that if you have to stop the channel, Razorgore doesn't have nearly as far to run until he reaches you, and if he does, the conflagration, especially late into the fight can wipe you easily.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •