Thread: Elegon P3 help

10+ Year Old Account

Elegon P3 help

So we are able to consistently get to P3 on Elegon (10 man Normal) but once we hit that phase we fall apart. We have most of the adds dead by the time the transition is over, it just seems the healers can't keep up. Running with 2 healers, will post logs below, DPS isn't our problem though. Any advice on what we need to do to kill him? We've tried ignoring the debuff and trying to burn him and we've tried resetting at 5-6 stacks.

Log from last night (13 attempts): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i17rw4fapqawbpmq/

Looks to me like DPS actually is the problem. Try getting more stacks of the debuff on him by killing more waves of orbs in each phase 2. Your final burn phase will be over much more quickly that way. You guys didn't even get 4 waves down on some of those attempts. You should be aiming for 5. Make sure people are using 2-3 minute CDs for the last wave of orbs to get them down. Have tanks/heals help if needed.

Get those stacks on the boss. When the last phase starts and the adds are dead, just stack up right behind him, pop any CDs that are left, and melt him. Shouldn't really need to reset stacks. We never have, anyway.

It can be a bit stressful with 2 healers, esp for a first kill. Make sure all of your healing CD's are up and rotate them smartly.

Get the dru to help out with a heart of the wild tranq and aura mastery (seems this is done so gj) What you can also improve on is the pala tank. He needs to glyph battlehealer and also talent lights hammer for this fight. Throw it into the ranged every time he takes his protector out and when you stack in p3 and it will do millions in healing over the fight.

Make sure your transition is smooth. The idea isn't to have them all dead by the end of the phase. Your main aim is to kill the pillars in unison so the boss doesn't get a haste buff and poop out more adds faster. The tanks need to pick up the adds and ppl randomly hitting them just makes aggro go all over the place. Tanks should stun them and kite them until the phase is over and get them to the middle and AoE. They do huge dmg so I always save a major CD for this. Glyph of holy wrath is priceless for stunning these adds.

With bloodlust and pots the final phase is really quite short (and easy IF you transition smoothly) I don't think you are falling over because p3 is omg hard, I think its because your transitions are straining the healers. Clean them up and you'll get a kill. GL.

your ele shaman can basically pop AG + pot+ racials + ascendance as you stack in middle and top everyone for 10 seconds.

on 25 normal my AG heals 3 players for 400k every lava burst for 10 secs, even half of that should top the raid stabilze hp and you're good for a kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the responses, will try to work on these points tonight and see where it gets us.

Deleted
    We 2 heal it every time .
    The best advice i can give you is allways kill 4 waves of Energy Charges (orbs)then dps boss till the 5th one hit the Pillars and start killing pillars.
    You need 4 + 4 Energy charges so you can get boss with 10 stacks at last phase.
    Tanks Taunt the Cosmic sparks and make sure people aoe them fast and also stun slow them all work on the sparks.
    You shouldn't be killed by Cosmic Sparks.not even touched by them so tanks have to kite them.

As soon as you enter phase 3 Pop Bl there aoe fast adds and make sure all players are in the inner ring of Elegon.
    Pop All Healing cds and secondary help from your shamman and tank druid with Heart of the Wild + Tranquility to make you survive.
    Reset stacks at 6 for all range and tanks reset stacks and switch tanking Elegon using cds.
    Basically phase 3 is burn him before he burns you.So go with 10 stacks of debuff on boss and you will be ok.

From the logs it seems your biggest problems are the Cosmic Spark adds. The best strategy is to AoE slow them and the whole raid run into the middle to the boss, then kill them at range so nobody gets hit. You also shouldn't need BL for that phase, use that for boss dps and healing afterwards.

During P3 you need about 400k sustained HPS for one minute. This shouldn't be a problem for any two healers, provided they have enough mana when the phase starts. So it's also about execution of the fight before P3: As a druid I usually enter P3 with almost full mana and Innervate ready, and I can spam my best HPS heals for the whole P3.
    Use raid CDs (tranq/hymn) to stabilize the raid after transition, and then just spam heal. Off-healing from other classes (e.g. shaman) also helps. And of course personal CDs and healthstones for all raid members.

Here is an example of healing the last minute of the fight from yesterday, we have the same healers as you:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...=10502&e=10579

Auditor has great advice.. the stacks the boss gains for increased dmg is the most beneficial part of the fight. if you cant kill 4 waves of orbs your screwed. i know its a very demanding fight but thats just the way it is...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    So we are able to consistently get to P3 on Elegon (10 man Normal) but once we hit that phase we fall apart. We have most of the adds dead by the time the transition is over, it just seems the healers can't keep up. Running with 2 healers, will post logs below, DPS isn't our problem though. Any advice on what we need to do to kill him? We've tried ignoring the debuff and trying to burn him and we've tried resetting at 5-6 stacks.

Log from last night (13 attempts): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i17rw4fapqawbpmq/
    I'd have to agree with Mctriple that DPS actually is part of your problem. Looking at your three longest attempts, your shaman was the only person who ever broke 100k... and he only did it on one attempt. Based on your lock's ilvl, I see no reason for him to be doing anything less than 120k on attempts that make it into the third phase. Our lock is 10 ilvls lower than him and usually finishes somewhere around 115k.

Some of the things that helped us after many phase 3 wipes:
    - Decide how many waves of orbs you're going to kill and ignore any waves after that so you can focus on the boss.
    - Don't switch to the boss just because the pillars are up. There's a decent gap between that time and the point at which he gains his immunity buff.
    - Ranged should stand on the edge of the platform and jump to reset their stacks -- no walking in and out. This helps a lot with the previous point, because you won't fall when the platform drops even if you don't move.
    - Try for the Straight Six achievement every time, you should end up with less adds if you kill all pillars at the same time.
    - Make sure your ranged are AoE-ing the sparks while standing on the platform for the 50% dmg buff.

I was going to write out a lengthy post about this..... but it looks like I've been beat to it.

Your groups DPS is too low. Reset at 5-6 stacks, go for 5 stacks each(totalling in 10 or 12 stacks on the boss), and aim for higher uptime on the boss, and debuff.

Deleted
    Looking from some of your better tries your ret paladin is playing very wrong, he should head on over to the paladin section with these logs and ask for more specific help

Deleted
    How many adds are you getting the first and second P1? Your dps looks really weak. Make sure that the classes that have high ramp up time mainly sits on boss during those phases, to make them go faster/easier. Your ele shammy should break atleast 110k every time.

Kill 4 of the add waves each time, then focus on the boss until the pillars are up/floor dissapears.

Now more to the point; This is how we did "P3" and have always done.
    Make sure all the pillars die pretty much at the same time (a few seconds) then make sure everyone runs towards the point that you start the encounter. Try to only slow the adds that are in dangerous places, aka as being able to kill one of your raid members, if you keep slowing them when they are spread, stacking them up takes more time.

Have one tank staying outside picking all of them up, keep slows and stuns on all of them as much as you can.
    As soon as the floor appears run into it and start running towards the middle, aoe dps while you are running there. (Make sure ele shaman uses spiritwalkers grace and chain light spam then, deals incredible damage.) Also make sure the shammy uses ancestral guidance while he is aoeing, as it will keep EVERYONE topped up, except the tank tanking.

Stack up behind the boss, and keep this position thourgh the whole P3. Never reset stacks and just burst boss after the adds are dead. Use BL early when people are spamming all thier cooldowns on the boss and get a raid cd order.
    Suggested order: Demoralizing banner>AM>Feral tranq>AM>Resto tranq>Barrier.

By just stacking at the boss you don't loose any uptime resetting the stacks, everyone will be in range of aoe heals (No need to spot heal the melee dpser) and the boss will die really really fast. The only persons that should reset thier stacks are the tanks, so they don't get one shotted by the breath from the boss.

I hope it helps! GL