My predictions for Brawler's Guild

So if this works out the way it is on the PTR, there will be only 10 invites per server for sale in the BMAH. Potential players a thru j places a bid of 999,999G on each invite, locking them down for nobody else to purchase. Said player takes his inv and spams trade chat, with a message similar to this; "WTS Brawler's Guild Inv!!! 500k for starting bids. Will also take sex for payment."

I am wondering why some people think that by Blizz doing this will keep the bads out and the goods in. Money making has no bearing on skill of killing mobs.

It will be empty and abandoned after the first month

With realm firsts removed the hardcore aint gonna bother, With the lack of any real rewards people like me wont bother, people without gold aint gonna bother, people in tight nit guilds who have no wish to splash out tens of thousands for a invite aint gonna bother

it will be just like challenge modes a willy waving exercise that nobody will give 2 shits about when the initial curiosity dwindles

Deleted
    My guess is, huge interest from loads of people from all over the place on release day, followed by a huge wave of disappointment with it not living up to peoples expectations, followed by the people actually interested in it getting their invites and running it whenever they feel like it.

I won't rush for it but I definitely want to try it out, eventually, just like Challenge modes. Haven't tried those yet but planning on getting a group from the guild together soon enough when everyone's done with doing dailies and LFR and only have the weekly raids left.

I foresee griefing ... massive griefing. People trying to hold people up from making last minute bids.

Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    So if this works out the way it is on the PTR, there will be only 10 invites per server for sale in the BMAH. Potential players a thru j places a bid of 999,999G on each invite, locking them down for nobody else to purchase. Said player takes his inv and spams trade chat, with a message similar to this; "WTS Brawler's Guild Inv!!! 500k for starting bids. Will also take sex for payment."

I am wondering why some people think that by Blizz doing this will keep the bads out and the goods in. Money making has no bearing on skill of killing mobs.
    *holds fingers up, slowly counts under his breath*

*frowns quizzically*

Why would you buy something for 999,999 gold and sell it for 500,000?

Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post

It would help if you understood how it worked. A purchased invite doesn't allow the purchaser to give out an infinite number of invites. I'd expect the onselling to be quite minimal tbh, most people, me included, will give their invites out to friends or guildies (and I'm not backwards in selling things usually). Nor is it limited to only 10 invites per server, it's 10 initial invites, once those are bought they are again refreshed/relisted on the BMAH for more people to purchase.

As far as wealth goes my experience has been that the most wealth people I know are also generally relatively skilled players more generally, as there is a corelation between wealth and time spent in game. To be truly wealth you also need to be following news/be well informed/have a good knowledge of your server community and so on, and those are things you only get through being fairly engaged in the game. On the other hand there are skilled players without that wealth certainly, not every skilled player plays the AH of course, but I would in general say that higher than average players wealth wise would also be higher than average skill wise.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-11-09 at 12:25 AM.

So this guy is going to bid gold cap ten times a day for how long exactly?

I see two possibilities:

1) Some lunatic actually tries to monopolise the invites on the BMAH for some period of time, spending unthinkable amounts of gold. Contributes to deflation of the BMAH economy as gold leaves some of these big reserves. Cool.

2) Nobody is that stupid and bidding gets intense for a few days then quickly dies down, and in pretty short order you can reliably get one for the listing price. Cool.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2012-11-09 at 12:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well from the front page, it seems to be that the invites off the BMAH are BoP, so those buying them off the BMAH, will not be able to sell them on, and anyway there will be another 10 available everyday.

Also the one that has the first invite only gets to invite one other, and only when he/she gets to rank 7 , which is seemingly quite challenging.

Not to mention the blues have already said they are looking into other ways of giving out invites other than the BMAH.

I'd just wait until it goes live to see where it ends up!

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    *holds fingers up, slowly counts under his breath*

*frowns quizzically*

Why would you buy something for 999,999 gold and sell it for 500,000?
    Each invite allows you to invite 10 additional people. And those people get to invite 10 people. or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Each invite allows you to invite 10 additional people. And those people get to invite 10 people. or something like that.
    Not quite.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    About Those Invites
    Invites to the Guild will (at least initially) only be available for purchase on the Black Market Auction House. We’ve taken this approach both to control queue times, and also because the Brawler’s Guild is meant to be kind of a small, underground thing, and a way for players on a realm to come together. At first, that will happen because invites will go out from one player to another based on who buys those initial Black Market invites. After reaching a certain rank in the Brawler’s Guild, each of the new members can eventually earn one new invitation of their own to pass out to someone else on the same realm, so the Brawler’s Guilds on each realm should get progressively larger and larger over time. We may also investigate alternate methods of acquiring invitations or making them more plentiful.
    Right now, a member can invite someone else to the Brawler's Guild after earning Rank 7. We expect achieving that rank to be reasonably challenging for most players.
    I think it's also worth mentioning that the feedback we're receiving on this isn't being ignored, and that we're still considering alternate methods of distributing the invitations.
    Thanks for expressing your thoughts clearly and constructively, Nessaja. Just to reiterate: we're still considering the possibility of using alternate methods of distributing invitations
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2012-11-09 at 12:37 AM.

I like the blue post that says the purpose of making it non-instanced is to bring communities together. Having to wait in a long line because of other players and then having them interfere with your fight will not bring people together, just like competition for quest mobs and items doesn't ring people together. See CRZ.

IMO the only problem with the Brawler's Guild is that it isn't instanced and limited to 1 fight at a time per faction. The way you get invited doesn't really matter because at some point you will get an invite, but having it limited to a 1 at a time queue will make it so a lot of people will never be able to participate because they don't have time to wait in line in a computer game.

My predictions:

Instead of waiting afk-ing in Org/SW for a queue to pop, you'll actually stand in a line in a 'queue' to fight something.

I'm from Area 52. I'm not looking forward to the long wait times if it's truly '1 person at a time'.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Protip: OP didn't read the blue posts today, describing how it wont work how it is on ptr. They have to reach some level with the brawler guild before getting their first invite they can put out. They don't just automatically get 10 invites to sell. This will not make any money.

Sure, the rich will get their invites first, for a while. But they wont be turning it around into a pyramid scheme on people very easily or quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's already another thread about this so please feel free to leave further remarks there. Thanks - ML

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...he-complainers
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."