Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Old God Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,558

    No Doubt 'Looking Hot' video yanked following racism complaints

    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...sm-complaints/

    Here the video
    http://vimeo.com/52801554

    Really, racism? I mean the band, as mentioned in the article, is multi-racial themselves. As I understand it people felt offended because in some scenes you could see her tied up. Is that really so offensive that the video has to be "pulled off the internet"? Really, you can't dress up as a Native American anymore and dance around with your hands tied up, without someone crying how offensive that is? Why does stuff like that have to disappear. I don't see the sense in that.

  2. #2
    Only thing offensive is how terrible the song is.

  3. #3
    I am Murloc! Garnier Fructis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    5,651
    People get mad during Halloween because others choose to dress up as racial stereotypes (mariachi band, indians, kung fu master). This is basically the same thing. "Oh no! You can't dress up as an indian!" People will get pissed of at everything, it's silly and annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Mobius strip still has 2 sides. you can pinch 2 fingers on both sides of the ribbon at the same spot
    Quote Originally Posted by auBerg View Post
    You are a certified crackpot that is subservient to the manipulators of science who are dreaming to control knowledge.

  4. #4
    People need to grow a set.

    Also, when has anyone ever seen an Indian wear high heels?
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

  5. #5
    me whatever some people overreact to anything.... im russian and people always make vodka jokes and shit - you dont see me crying about it lol

  6. #6
    Titan Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    11,600
    Fox News?....oh, dear.

    On topic: Too many people are screaming racism now because they know there are other sensitive pricks out there who will agree with them...

  7. #7
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357
    Thought the blatant native stereotyping could easily upset people given that it's within some people's lifetimes that natives only got citizenship.

    But far more offended and upset by the song. Music should be rallying against it.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  8. #8
    Old God Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,558
    I actually start to like it, although the lyrics are terrible.

  9. #9
    As much as I hate No Doubt, I can't (well lol I can but still) believe the ridiculous shit people whine about. I'm surprised it wasn't the WoW community that did this, though. The second we get offended they yank shit left and right. Just look at Ji Firepaw.

  10. #10
    Old God Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Danarez View Post
    As much as I hate No Doubt, I can't (well lol I can but still) believe the ridiculous shit people whine about. I'm surprised it wasn't the WoW community that did this, though. The second we get offended they yank shit left and right. Just look at Ji Firepaw.
    I thought about the same thing. It's sad, really.

  11. #11
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,771
    Welcome to Planet Earth.

    Everyone here is an idiot.
    You get a thumbs up, pat on the back and a "way to go" from your label every day, looking boy
    Hey, looking boy, what you say looking boy? I get a "hell yeah" from Dre, looking boy
    I work for everything I have, never asked nobody for shit. Get outta my face, looking boy


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Only thing offensive is how terrible the song is.
    I agree with this %100

  13. #13
    High Overlord Lolkaysea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SAVANNAH
    Posts
    120
    I'm extremely offended that No Doubt thinks they can still make music

    Gwen Stefani is offensive to me

  14. #14
    Scarab Lord slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    4,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...sm-complaints/

    Here the video
    http://vimeo.com/52801554

    Really, racism? I mean the band, as mentioned in the article, is multi-racial themselves. As I understand it people felt offended because in some scenes you could see her tied up. Is that really so offensive that the video has to be "pulled off the internet"? Really, you can't dress up as a Native American anymore and dance around with your hands tied up, without someone crying how offensive that is? Why does stuff like that have to disappear. I don't see the sense in that.
    NO YOU CAN'T! THIS IS VERY OFFENSIVE TO NATIVE AMERICANS! WE ARE VERY PROUD PEOPLES! Now please get back into our casinos - these bottles don't fill themselves.

  15. #15
    I guess they were too distracted by "ermahgerd racism!!!" to notice how absolutely *fabulous* those cowboys were.

    I can see it now: In the future, all music videos will involve the bands dressed in grey jumpsuits playing in front of a grey screen.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I guess they were too distracted by "ermahgerd racism!!!" to notice how absolutely *fabulous* those cowboys were.

    I can see it now: In the future, all music videos will involve the bands dressed in grey jumpsuits playing in front of a grey screen.
    While singing unintelligible nonsensical lyrics?

  17. #17
    I heard about this on the radio when I was working out today.

    At first I just thought people were being sensitive, but then when I saw Gwen Stefani tied up and being held hostage by cowboys I was like.........that's not cool lol. I wouldn't say it's extreme racism but it's slightly offensive I guess.

  18. #18
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I guess they were too distracted by "ermahgerd racism!!!" to notice how absolutely *fabulous* those cowboys were.

    I can see it now: In the future, all music videos will involve the bands dressed in grey jumpsuits playing in front of a grey screen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrbxWOMpwfs

    To be fair, it's a lot better and artistic.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  19. #19
    Umm when did No Doubt get back together?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrbxWOMpwfs

    To be fair, it's a lot better and artistic.
    very rarely do I agree with a youtube comment but that video just screams Clockwork Orange.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •