Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    If this even was the reason, having a 'queueing feature' that breaks abilities when they are spammed can definitely not be classified as better.
    Trust me it's loads better, my number 2 must be almost broken after playing an Ele shaman for way too long and all you generally spammed was Lightning Bolt. I even had to have /stopcasting macros and use Quartz in TBC to increase my dps by cutting out lost parts of the cast due to Australian ping (~200ms).

I'm just trying to work out why I don't get it and others might. Might be lag, or some other connection issue. I've tried testing on my shadow like Arlee and I spammed double strike non-stop with no issues with project working perfectly. Anyone able to fraps it?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    Trust me it's loads better, my number 2 must be almost broken after playing an Ele shaman for way too long
    I think you are completely missing the point. If repeatedly pressing a button is literally causing the abilities to break, like they have in this game, it is not better than any system where it still works. There's a difference between having delay from telling your computer to try and cast spells too quickly, which is the player's fault, and having delay from the game saying, "I don't fucking know..I'm just gonna wait until we both figure it out", which is the game's fault.

I think you are completely missing the point. If repeatedly pressing a button is literally causing the abilities to break, like they have in this game, it is not better than any system where it still works. There's a difference between having delay from telling your computer to try and cast spells too quickly, which is the player's fault, and having delay from the game saying, "I don't fucking know..I'm just gonna wait until we both figure it out", which is the game's fault.
    I'm not missing the point, I'm saying that I've tried both spamming and timing my button press and still couldn't cause it to happen. I was only testing this as I thought that might be a possible cause. It wasn't.

why would you repeatively press the same button... I was doing this back in galaxies where you could queue like 10 or so spells... . As for TOR... I'm using the TOR Razor mouse with it's 12 buttons on the side and never much had an issue with actions not going off when I want them to go off.

I think you are both missing the point. It doesn't matter what's better and it doesn't matter how YOU, in particular, play and it doesn't matter if it doesn't happen to you.

If it bothers people it should be fixed. If other games don't have the issue, you shouldn't either.

EA will fix it eventually, I'm sure, but to attempt to write this off is silly.

No one cares that you don't run into it.

No one.

Cares.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    why would you repeatively press the same button... I was doing this back in galaxies where you could queue like 10 or so spells... . As for TOR... I'm using the TOR Razor mouse with it's 12 buttons on the side and never much had an issue with actions not going off when I want them to go off.
    Because I think I read somewhere that spamming buttons might cause the delay. I'm trying to cause ability delay for testing purposes by trying different things. No matter what, can't do it. Sounds like it only happens rarely and only to some people. Seems mostly a non-issue now days. Can't find a single video after Jan on youtube either.

Anyone actually got some visible proof that it still exists?

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 11:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I think you are both missing the point. It doesn't matter what's better and it doesn't matter how YOU, in particular, play and it doesn't matter if it doesn't happen to you.

If it bothers people it should be fixed. If other games don't have the issue, you shouldn't either.

EA will fix it eventually, I'm sure, but to attempt to write this off is silly.

No one.

Cares.
    The problem is that people are saying it's still an issue yet no one is actually demonstrating it. If it's such an issue, it shouldn't be hard to fraps it for everyone to see.

The problem is that people are saying it's still an issue yet no one is actually demonstrating it. If it's such an issue, it shouldn't be hard to fraps it for everyone to see.
    Anyone who cared enough about both this game and the ability delay issue enough to fraps it quit 10 months ago.
    I do not care enough to fraps it.

At all. I barely have time to play it let alone make stupid 30 second films about it.

Just youtube it if you need to see it. That's what we are experiencing, still.

what is happening to tracer missile in this video is what is happening to my vital shot.

Deleted
    Anyone who cared enough about both this game and the ability delay issue enough to fraps it quit 10 months ago.

At all. I barely have time to play it let alone make stupid 30 second films about it.

Just youtube it if you need to see it. That's what we are experiencing, still.

what is happening to tracer missile in this video is what is happening to my vital shot.
    It's a very strange problem. I don't see it on any other class (I have all 8) except my Trooper. My BH's tracer works fine but my Trooper's Grav round (Trooper version of tracer) does delay in a manner similar to that video. My vital shot on my smuggie is fine though. It's perplexing and blooming annoying on my Trooper but again, I have no such delay on any other class of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    It's a very strange problem. I don't see it on any other class (I have all 8) except my Trooper. My BH's tracer works fine but my Trooper's Grav round (Trooper version of tracer) does delay in a manner similar to that video. My vital shot on my smuggie is fine though. It's perplexing and blooming annoying on my Trooper but again, I have no such delay on any other class of mine.
    Yeah. It seems to be some people, with some classes, and some abilities, and some races.

And the issue seems to migrate each patch. My friend who plays GS doesn't have the same issue I have. But he can watch my character do it. Which is frustrating. Because we are both human smugglers. Now, I didn't have this issue in 1.3.

I don't care if Jalek doesn't believe me. He can accuse me of being an ancient alien astronaut for all I care.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if Jalek doesn't believe me. He can accuse me of being an ancient alien astronaut for all I care.
    Next thing we know, he'll be telling us global warming is a myth because we don't have videos of it.

Next thing we know, he'll be telling us global warming is a myth because we don't have videos of it.
    Gravity. Pics or it didn't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gravity. Pics or it didn't happen.
    BRB, need to buy some apples and find a bridge with pedestrians under it. I assure you I can prove it's real. I hope you have a good lawyer for us both.

It got much better in 1.1. It's not much of an issue anymore.

I'm hurt

Honestly I would but my computer uses all it has to run swtor in the first place Also as far as I can tell there is no reliable way to reproduce it, it just sort of randomly happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I'm hurt

Honestly I would but my computer uses all it has to run swtor in the first place Also as far as I can tell there is no reliable way to reproduce it, it just sort of randomly happens.
    :X sry. I take it back.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

No one.

Cares.
    One could make the argument that because it doesn't happen to me, I don't want to see already limited development resources wasted on "fixing" a phantom problem that happens only intermittently to an unknown minority of players.

Hence,

No one.

Cares.

But I'm not a jerk so I wouldn't make that argument.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    But I'm not a jerk so I wouldn't make that argument.
    Whatever. You probably live at Disney World and will get to see the first happenings of SW in Tomorrowland. Jerk.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Close enough. It's practically in my back yard.

^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

As usual Kitty and HK-51 agreeing with themselves as they are ALWAYS right.

All of those videos are pre 1.1 when the ability delay fixes were done. I was asking for more recent proof as the complaints are much less than before and as I don't get the problem I and many others had assumed it was fixed.

If you're comfortable taking other peoples comments with no proof that's fine, but I like convincing myself of things before accepting things as fact.

As usual Kitty and HK-51 agreeing with themselves as they are ALWAYS right.
    You can have friends too. You just have to get over your trust issues.