Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It looks like a fun zombie outbreak film.

But I have read the book and and it would have been nice if you'd made a maybe 12/14 part TV series instead, in the guise of a documentary, like the book, where they interview the survives then its goes into the story, like saving private Ryan/ Flags of our fathers..

But keeping it really serious and filmed all gritty and in a POV -

World War Z

The trailer is out now, I waited for this since I finished the book. Which is awesome by the way

However, after seeing the trailer I can't help but wonder if they are staying true to the novel. In the novel it is set after the events of the war and is about a reporter who travels the world interviewing various people who survived mankinds near-extinction, so i imagined the movie would be a bit like a documentary, with Brad Pitt interviewing people about what happened to them. And then switching to a movie showing each ones scenario.

The trailer just doesn't seem to capture what was so good about the book. It seems like they have ignored Max Brookes's story telling and gone for the 28 days style "fast moving zombie" which in my opinion goes against everything the book stands for. I just don't get why Hollywood seem to shit on writers like this.

Now I might be wrong, and I hope I am. I'm not going to jump to an absolute conclusion from a 2 minute trailer but surely, anyone who has read the book will get what I mean after watching it.

Here is the trailer:

I'm curious as to what fans of the book think,and people who like zombie flicks in general so watch the trailer and post your opinions about it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    wow, just... wow...

that looked... exactly nothing like what I had in mind from reading the book. I'm still gonna see it when it comes out, being a fan of both the book and zombie flicks in general, but... wow...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    My girlfriend and I weren't really convinced by the trailer either, unfortunately (we're both big zombie fans and loved WWZ and Survival Guide). To us it looks more like they wanted to make some kind of action movie, instead of the slow zombie grind which the novel was.
    Also it seems from the trailer that the interviews the reporter does take place during the outbreak instead of afterwards like in the book. If that is the case, why even call it WWZ? Two pretty essential things are very different, running zombies and the time in which it takes place. I still hope it's a good movie, but I'm sceptical so far.

What was the book about? I dont mind if you spoil anything just curious cause I saw the trailer and was amazed but confused as to what the hell was going on.

Deleted
    Love zombies similar things, even things many things that my friends have disliked but this movie trailer, gives me a really bad feeling. And I haven't read the novel or anything, it just feels so wrong somehow.

I'm not seeing the movie until I hear reviews from friends, and such. I loved the book, but I am disgusted by the trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xizz View Post
    What was the book about? I dont mind if you spoil anything just curious cause I saw the trailer and was amazed but confused as to what the hell was going on.
    !SPOILERS INC!

Basically, there was a big zombie outbreak that started in China and overran most of the world in a slow and unstoppalble zombie wave. With some rather controversial and perhaps even unethical means a bunch of countries manage to hold on (sacrificing most of the US and its populace to fortify and retreat behind the Rocky Mtns for example). After getting settled and getting their stuff together again the remains of the world population start to fight back and eventually retake most of the world.
    Hence the title, World War Z(ombie), since it was the biggest, longest and most deadly war ever so far.

In the novel, the events of this war are described by survivors who are interviewed by a reporter who travels around seeking them out. It is written in chronological order but in every chapter another survivor tells his story in his or her own way. It's a pretty interesting read actually, with many different view points and story telling styles by the different narrators but somehow fitting together seamlessly.
    It is very clear though that the war is over in the novel (Cuba being the new commercial and scientific center in the world for example since they were pretty much untouched due to their conservative politics before the war ), and this doesn't really seem to be the case in the movie from the trailer.

The trailer looked ridiculous to me and like some kind of spoof action film. Not interested in this so far.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) Running zombies
    2) Nothing even remotely like the book

No really wth WHY ARE THEY RUNNING like look at them LOL zombies don't run especially not in the book =/ It's like 28 days later without the blood splat everywhere

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is going to be a good movie, I will watch it and I will enjoy it.

But it should not be named World War Z. The stories in the book that I enjoyed the most were, Yonkers, the blind Samurai, and when the US finally finds an effective way to battle them(the square block of soldiers making careful shots, the dogs). Those three stories would be impossible to tell with fast moving Zombies.

Yonkers was everyone getting pumped up and absolutely knowing that they could defeat these shambling walkers. But as the battle begins it slowly begins to dawn on people that all their military might meant nothing when used against the Dead. The Terror it inflicted from the live cameras of Zombies who were set on fire that continued walking towards these bunkered down soldier. With fast moving zombies there is no slow building of terror. Its just there.

The Samurai, with all his skills, would not be able to stand against an onslaught of fast moving zombies.

The block method of fighting, would not work as they would be over run and terror would take over.

It will be nothing like the book, and for that I will be severely disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you see them piling up on eachother?! Where are the FAT 'MURICAN zombies on their zombie scooters! All those zombies in the trailer were Olympic runners.
    Survival is Key

While watching the video I was waiting for someone to yell out "TANK!" or even hear a witch crying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slow zombies > fast zombies > tsunami zombies. I had to look up WWZ on wikipedia since I haven't read it yet to see if the zombies in the book are supposed to have a hivemind or something. The hordes in that trailer seemed to move like a single organism or something, looked kind of stupid to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

15+ Year Old Account
    Merged to the existing thread. Please do a search before creating new topics!

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Slow zombies > fast zombies > tsunami zombies. I had to look up WWZ on wikipedia since I haven't read it yet to see if the zombies in the book are supposed to have a hivemind or something. The hordes in that trailer seemed to move like a single organism or something, looked kind of stupid to me.
    Way it works in the books is that the zombies (they're slow, clumsy zombies without the dexterity needed for that running/climbing/tsunami shit) are attracted to sound. When a zombie spots prey, it releases a low but loud guttural moan. If another zombie hears that moan, he'll walk towards the source and start moaning as well, and it chains like that so you can end up with hordes numbering over a million in the densest cities. But again, they're slow, so you get big masses of zombies but they don't swarm like the things in the trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Running, climbing, and leaping like lions wtf is this shit?

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started laughing during the trailer.

It really looks bad. I'll wait for some review before I avoid it completely.

Sounds like another I Am Legend fiasco (I still hold a grudge).

Haha. They looked like ants building bridges using other ants.

I can't wait till the olympic running zombies are wielding guns and things zombies don't do? Whatever happened to the slowly moving zombie? This looks silly....