Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Arms Warrior - Garalon

I'm top of my raids DPS as I should be as the only melee with cleave on Garalon, but I still find the encounter rather sketchy. Keeping up sweeping strikes is gimping my rotation because of the loss of rage from sweeping strikes, so I'm pretty low on rage, and when I do get a higher amount of rage, I can't rage dump that often because I won't have enough for sweeping strikes.

How do you deal with it? Any tips?

Simple: Glyph Sweeping Strikes.

Basically: Makes SS cost only 18 rage. (With good APM)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweeping Strikes does have a costly CD. I don't even know how to handle that fight. Garlon is..my bane for this expansion
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I just macro'ed it into my MS, but arms is my os so I'm not really "into it".
    Didn't really have any issue with rage.

I'm curious though, how do you guys do at <20% on garalon. Keep going on tentacle or stay boss and swap only when tentacles are <20 as well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by QueloR View Post
    I just macro'ed it into my MS, but arms is my os so I'm not really "into it".
    Didn't really have any issue with rage.

I'm curious though, how do you guys do at <20% on garalon. Keep going on tentacle or stay boss and swap only when tentacles are <20 as well?
    They're legs, lol.

I'm not sure, I had issues with this when I did it on LFR, I wasnt there for my guilds kill on normal but our combat rogue was doing upwards of 170k and I just can't see how I could even get close to that. Blade Flurry is infinitely more powerful than sweeping strikes however, I was almost thinking that single targeting the legs would have been better as the Fury Warrior I had topped on the previous fight in the LFR was completely outclassing me by mostly single targetting the legs.

I'l have to wait until next week before I get to test, I need colossus smash glyph for the sunder debuff which meant I had to drop the SS glyph.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I'm not sure, I had issues with this when I did it on LFR, I wasnt there for my guilds kill on normal but our combat rogue was doing upwards of 170k and I just can't see how I could even get close to that. Blade Flurry is infinitely more powerful than sweeping strikes however, I was almost thinking that single targeting the legs would have been better as the Fury Warrior I had topped on the previous fight in the LFR was completely outclassing me by mostly single targetting the legs.

I'l have to wait until next week before I get to test, I need colossus smash glyph for the sunder debuff which meant I had to drop the SS glyph.
    Do take note, that fury warrior could very well have been Whirlwinding at the boss and using Raging Blow with Meat Cleaver stacks to cleave from the boss to the legs.

Which is a bad tactic, seeing the legs take more damage, cleaving from legs to the main body would be a better damage increase. Although I am unsure if Meat Cleaver Raging Blow actually acts as a cleave or just two attacks at different angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    They're legs, lol.
    Haha, touché. My bad

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Do take note, that fury warrior could very well have been Whirlwinding at the boss and using Raging Blow with Meat Cleaver stacks to cleave from the boss to the legs.

Which is a bad tactic, seeing the legs take more damage, cleaving from legs to the main body would be a better damage increase. Although I am unsure if Meat Cleaver Raging Blow actually acts as a cleave or just two attacks at different angles.
    Raging Blow / Whirlwind is recalculated per target. So your raging blow cleaved from the legs would not benefit from the 100% damage increase.

Sweeping Strikes on the other hand is a complete mirror of damage -50%. Includes Damage Taken increases, CS, Debuffs.

short answer is that it's really annoying. it's kinda tough to position yourself for optimal sweeping strikes damage, get the glyph and save rage for sweeping strikes since it'll be your primary source of damage for the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I did that fight was:

Spec: Arms
    Glyphs: Sweeping Strikes, Unending Rage, Death from Above
    Talents: T1- Double Time; T2-Second Wind; T3-Any; T4-Dragon Roar; T5-Vigilance; T6-Stormbolt

Make sure you keep a high up time on Sweeping Strikes only while in the leg circles so that you're not wasting rage when you don't have the damage bonus (or two targets for that matter). The reason that I take SB over the other tier 90 talents is because its damage is copied (less 50%) completely to the boss. Stormbolt hits pretty damn hard on that fight too because of the legs damage taken increase. Try to maximize this by lining it up with your CDs (Reck, Synapse Springs, CS debuff, Enrage, etc..). If you're feeling low on rage try to stance dance for when Crush goes out, then back once its over. That'll give you a nice little boost every now and again. Also, if there are no legs up that you can attack, get some boss DPS in but don't waste your SB if you know a leg will be coming up again soon. Come Execute phase, pop your last Reck and your CDs ON THE LEG! This will boost both your dps and the damage to the boss because for every leg you kill, the boss loses 3% of his total health. Faster leg deaths = faster boss death.

This isn't necessarily the best way to do this boss since I haven't tested Avatar or Bloodbath but this is the way that I got my first kill and it seemed to work out very nicely.

^ Thanks for your spec , I'm gonna try out arms tonight on the fight and see how it does.

@Rustynip: BBs value depends on your raid but I doubt it's worth it on nhc. I've had legs die before the dot expired while others didn't die as fast resulting in a DPS loss (10man, no idea if legs stay alive longer in 25). I guess on hc BB will be a good pick again because there shouldn't be a risk of them dying too fast until you outgear the encounter anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynip View Post
    The way I did that fight was:

Spec: Arms
    Glyphs: Sweeping Strikes, Unending Rage, Death from Above
    Talents: T1- Double Time; T2-Second Wind; T3-Any; T4-Dragon Roar; T5-Vigilance; T6-Stormbolt

Make sure you keep a high up time on Sweeping Strikes only while in the leg circles so that you're not wasting rage when you don't have the damage bonus (or two targets for that matter). The reason that I take SB over the other tier 90 talents is because its damage is copied (less 50%) completely to the boss. Stormbolt hits pretty damn hard on that fight too because of the legs damage taken increase. Try to maximize this by lining it up with your CDs (Reck, Synapse Springs, CS debuff, Enrage, etc..). If you're feeling low on rage try to stance dance for when Crush goes out, then back once its over. That'll give you a nice little boost every now and again. Also, if there are no legs up that you can attack, get some boss DPS in but don't waste your SB if you know a leg will be coming up again soon. Come Execute phase, pop your last Reck and your CDs ON THE LEG! This will boost both your dps and the damage to the boss because for every leg you kill, the boss loses 3% of his total health. Faster leg deaths = faster boss death.

This isn't necessarily the best way to do this boss since I haven't tested Avatar or Bloodbath but this is the way that I got my first kill and it seemed to work out very nicely.
    I guess Avatar and StormBolt are the options for that fight, as meteo said ,legs would be down before bloobath ends.
    The reason for avatar is when you blow him with cds you get enough rage to do put sweeping strikes on and dump with a slam in the first sequence in boss.
    Stormbolt as rustynip said is awesome with the damage increased buff.

When I had poor luck getting execute crit more than 400k on Garalon, my stormbolt did 899k + half of that to sweeped, so it's really good on that! Too bad the wol has been bugging according to my guildie, who were supposed to upload the fights for few weeks now. Would have been easily on top 10 Arms parse even now (156k).

However i've seen some parses with Avatar and bloodpath being up there too, so i'm guessing it's all about having crit luck and how much you can cleave the legs alone.

Deleted
    My guild will start progression on it this sunday, bit lacking sign ups so forced doing vaults.
    Im probly from what ive read here going with stormbolt as we got 3 rogues (25man) on legs aswell i doubt i will see the full effect of bloodbath.
    Avatar does sound legit, but with the long CD im more tempting to go with stormbolt. (i am fury MS) so will be something fresh to play as arms again.
    More tips are welcome as i dont wanna look like a total nubcake sunday .

So, blizz is nerfing Sweeping Strikes on Garalon:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...normal-heroic/

What does this mean for Arms on Garalon, and does it mean that it's no longer leaps and bounds ahead of fury? I'm a fury player mainly but I was looking forward to kick ass as Arms on this fight...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    So, blizz is nerfing Sweeping Strikes on Garalon:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...normal-heroic/

What does this mean for Arms on Garalon, and does it mean that it's no longer leaps and bounds ahead of fury? I'm a fury player mainly but I was looking forward to kick ass as Arms on this fight...
    It means Go Fury, Arms is dead.
    Normally, I'm not the doom and gloom type, but yeah Arms got fucked over with this.

Arms was already wobbly thanks to the -50% damage nerf of sweeping strikes in beta and now it's completely dead.
    Killing off it's only utility that it brought over Fury dispite it being much lower in DPS compared to Fury was a bad move.

It's is better to just kill legs faster and have better burst on the body, even then Fury's cleave is stronger than hotfix'd Sweeping Strikes.

How is arms completely dead? Because sweeping strikes got nerfed on one fight? oh please. Bladeflurry should join Sweeping strikes in the -50% damage nerf though, I hardly see how it is fair considering how ridiculously higher combat is in the same cleave situation.

When I did it on LFR the other day it was like this

Fury Warrior - 130k ishdps.
    Myself as arms - 115k ish dps, slightly worse gear (no 2set and still a blue weapon to his 489)
    rest of raid 60k or lower.

How is that balanced? And if there was a combat rogue in the raid, just add a 150k+ dps to the top of that list.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-11-11 at 01:28 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    How is arms completely dead? Because sweeping strikes got nerfed on one fight? oh please. Bladeflurry should join Sweeping strikes in the -50% damage nerf though, I hardly see how it is fair considering how ridiculously higher combat is in the same cleave situation.

When I did it on LFR the other day it was like this

Fury Warrior - 130k ishdps.
    Myself as arms - 115k ish dps, slightly worse gear (no 2set and still a blue weapon to his 489)
    rest of raid 60k or lower.

How is that balanced? And if there was a combat rogue in the raid, just add a 150k+ dps to the top of that list.
    This change doesn't affect fury at all though.