Thread: Clc dk

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Clc dk

Sorry to bother you guys. I'm debating on switching to DK for raiding. I love DK's, my only issue is, I've never been good with the rune system. I can usually still pull good dps following a rotation, but I know I'm never maximising my DPS.

My question is, CLC DK would you guys recommend it for 2h/DW Frost? Is the rotation helper good? Like CLC Ret?

Appreciate any feedback.

I'm not sure how can you enjoy the game when it plays itself for you, telling you what buttons to push, but yeah, frost dk follows a simple priority system and addon such as clc should help you a lot.

Well thank you for that feedback, as to how I can enjoy it, I'd much rather enjoy a game when I can learn a rotation a lot easier with the help of an addon. Does this mean I will continue using it once I know the rotation? No. Its a useful tool. So you don't play with DBM then? Or any other Addons for that matter? Not sure how you can enjoy the game OMG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistmonk View Post
    Well thank you for that feedback, as to how I can enjoy it, I'd much rather enjoy a game when I can learn a rotation a lot easier with the help of an addon. Does this mean I will continue using it once I know the rotation? No. Its a useful tool. So you don't play with DBM then? Or any other Addons for that matter? Not sure how you can enjoy the game OMG!!!
    How will one learn the rotation if the only thing he does is presses the button that the addon tells him to without any idea why that button and not any other?

edit: I'm sorry if i made myself sound like douche, that was somewhat a rhetoric question and i'm just tired.
    Last edited by Strah; 2012-11-09 at 01:51 AM. Reason: eh

Guess you think noone reads the rotations that guides are posting and then seeing the rotation in action with an addon would help. No...

Deleted
    I've found in the past that priority addons are great to help you learn the basic priority, and eventually in time, you'll find that you will learn the patterns which the addons shows. Yes it's dynamic in the sense that you use certain abilities over different ones due to procs and boss health etc, but it's certainly helpful for you to be using it to learn.

I would suggest running heroics constantly as well to help you along, and once you're comfortable with your performances, you can switch it off and see how you do.

I've used feralbynight (kitty) to help me learn that system in the past, and I have had clc dk installed just to see if I'm dpsing the same way as the priority suggests I ought to.

Another great addon is Docs Debug Runes. Not only does it have a good UI for rune regen, but it also has a big proc display to remind you of which ability will benefit from the proc if you're not used to knowing that the blizzard standard auras mean.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistmonk View Post
    not really on topic but no, when i played i did not use any addons or mods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    not really on topic but no, when i played i did not use any addons or mods.
    This guy has come here for advice, and everyone is entitled to his or her opinions. The only difference is that this isn't a thread about what anyone else does, this is about the OP, so regardless of what you do or think, lets try to help the guy, and if you don't have anything constructive to add, then don't bother typing it out, or if you really need to, type it out in your own thread.

Deleted
    CLC is just bad. Just us a rune management add-on that shows procs as well, then you can make the rotation based on procs, as a normal frost DK should. That's what I use, important thing is to check for runes/RP and "big" displays when and what procs are on. Apart from that if you want to take it to the next level and have some BiS or almost BiS trinkets you can use add-on to track the ICD for them to line up your rotation.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    This guy has come here for advice, and everyone is entitled to his or her opinions. The only difference is that this isn't a thread about what anyone else does, this is about the OP, so regardless of what you do or think, lets try to help the guy, and if you don't have anything constructive to add, then don't bother typing it out, or if you really need to, type it out in your own thread.
    i agree, but i dont think what i said was derogatory or inflammatory. he did however ask the question, "So you dont play with DMB then? Or any other addons for that matter?" so i gave him my answer to that question

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i agree, but i dont think what i said was derogatory or inflammatory. he did however ask the question, "So you dont play with DMB then? Or any other addons for that matter?" so i gave him my answer to that question
    If you didn't bait him, he wouldn't have had to ask you that question.

Back on topic: you can also learn more information about playing a DK at these sites:

http://www.icy-veins.com/frost-death...-pve-dps-guide
    http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t130617-...ld_hand_death/

Trust me, it might seem like a lot to read and take in, but it'll do you the world of good to read them and pick up a few pieces of useful info

Playing a DK became so much more fun with DDR.

What the fuck is CLC? Ive never followed any rotation other then my own for my dk, been unholy since the begining and Ive always topped the damage meters, the only time im not 1 or 2 in 25 mans is if ive vastly undergeared on my dk at the time.

I've found in the past that priority addons are great to help you learn the basic priority, and eventually in time, you'll find that you will learn the patterns which the addons shows.
    I agree with Veej. I used clc myself when I was was still new to wow and new to my dk You're right when you say it wont result in max dps, but it should still result in some solid numbers while you become more familiar with your rotation and abilities.

Think of it as training wheels - good to help you learn but you don't want to be using them forever.

The other good thing about clc is that it includes a decent rune display and can be customised to track cooldowns and disease timers. You can also retain these features while turning off the priority display.

I've personally gone for 2 weakauras: one to show me ''If you frost strike now you're wasting potential RE procs'', and another one to show me ''If you obliterate now you're overcapping runic power''. Makes not wasting resources easy to manage, and thats the only hard thing about frost dk's.

Deleted
    ^ Totally agree.

Personally I would just study the system a lot, read about runes a lot, and focus on studying the rotation priority. And think.

Get a rune addon such as DDR or MagicRunes and just practice. You will perform vastly better and learn much much more quickly if you practice what it takes to be prepared for an event rather than reacting to a picture on your screen. CLC might be nice but just like for ret, it will slow you down in two ways - learning and actually performing.

It's simple to glance at a rune addon and see what's about to come up, and what's not, and get something like "EnergyWatch" to see if your next ability will put you at/over 100 RP.

TLDR: CLC isn't bad, but it's a bad option for learning in my opinion.
    Last edited by Regen; 2012-11-09 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Stupid iPhone grammar
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    I've personally gone for 2 weakauras: one to show me ''If you frost strike now you're wasting potential RE procs'', and another one to show me ''If you obliterate now you're overcapping runic power''. Makes not wasting resources easy to manage, and thats the only hard thing about frost dk's.
    Would you mind posting the strings for these? I'm intrigued about how your first one works/looks

Deleted
    Would you mind posting the strings for these? I'm intrigued about how your first one works/looks
    this should do this job

Code:
    deJweaWsjf7svIxlPQMPOQMROcZwQUnsPDIc7LSBQ2VQu)fIFd1qLuzWQknCr6GskDmryHOOLIWIvflhvpuurpv5XIONRYerPmvinzjz6uUikvDzW1f2mkz7QQoSuUhs1Nr03LuLHHuCjuQy0iz8IQCsvjnnvfNwIZlkltuPEgkv6BIkzLqOA0QvPvjunJxijbUq1Idq4Hd6r7PJXveHdNwcTNogxreoCi4uG3mmxJoDT4aKNogxreoCIPw4u4Egr4WHGtbEZWCn601IdqcNc3Zicho9OfofUNreoCAj0SSuq7SMfNw4Wp4MwlmSg8dUPXg0mQ3FRXlKu27VeHdAXbifpzpQa2GMrjMAXbiS44Zicho9OXIJpJiC4qWPaVzyUgD6A8WbXGgnwC8zeHdNwcT4aKWlMyktJckKuMy85Jwh3QeQgh3bHQrB0TIqLjtloa5sHKIP2LcjfQ2vCYoig5wMmTQYL2BzZAjR)PXoPACGSGD0SuqRKe7ALknIWbN2M3ibAb30AHH1JwRQQyfS36igVqsc8tOIrcHQz8cjjWfQMLLcAN1S40ch(b30AHH1IdqE6yCfr4WPhn4hCtJnOzuV)wJxiPS3Fjch0U4b(b3QJdSk5PT6yF(5RfofUNreoCi4uG3mmxJoDT4aKWPW9mIWHtm1cNc3ZichoTeA8WbXGgTlEGFWTfSyvYtdjN1ouKHwlbQwCas4ftm1cVyAP9wgWLPfUXlKKaxOYKjg5wOAgVqscCHQzzPG2znloTlEGFWTfSyvYtdjN1ouKHwlbQg8dUPXg0mQ3FRXlKu27VeHdAx8a)GB1XbwL80wDSp)81cNc3ZichoeCkWBgMRrNUwCas4u4Egr4WjMAHtH7zeHdNwcnE4GyqJw4ftlT3YaUwCas4ftm1ch(b30AHHLPfUXlKKaxOYKjtRELkJsm(8rR4)a)aXuZdAr5fssGFIb7QvvU0El71Kyx7v3aoRwsihVMe7xowk07iSbnJQgVqszim7yCfAlvljg3RW1Z1JmTtlXlFEjxVKlTFXiXhAOrMe

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    No experience with the addon but I've heard it has it's flaws. If you really want to better your DPS I have 3 major tips
    Fix your UI
    Practice alot
    Theorycraft

just pick whichever may help you the most.