Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Imperial Vizier Zorlok - possbile bug with Resonnace disks

Hello

Before anyone will tell me to L2P etc etc let me just tell you that I have NO issues with movemnt mechanics of my rogue. I am able to avoid most crap on the floor and in the air. On Alysrazor i was flying as i was really quick to get thru all the rings to get maximum buff uptime etc, I am able to avoid all stuff that this game will throw at me BUT:

On Imperial Vizier when we have discs floating around, i DPS and run in circle around the boss - right in the middle of the "free" zone. Yet I am taking ocasional damage when I am nowhere near the discs. After few tries and my getting hit once or twice during each phase I noticed that our DK tank (with DPS offspec in this fights) is running much closers to those discs (closer to boss them I am (and a lot of time runing thru them)) but he is not taking as much damamge. On average pull of 7 minutes and long into the main fight he might be hit once by a disk but I get hit 6-8 times.

On last few pulls I have run much closer to discs and sometimes I was sure i will get damage as i was on the edge of them (those closer to boss), but I had no damamge done to me.

Has enything like this happened to you as well ? When some of my ranged guys told me at first that they are getting damage even when not close to discs i was like "they are looking for excuses" but after checking WoL and seeing that i had on avarage 7 hits by disks when I know I shouldn't get hit even once (on most pulls that is ) I am just not sure.

Golfiarz

ps. for those that did BWD, I had a simillar issue on Nefarian when lava filling in the room would spawn much later then actual damage and stacks would start ticking. Only after few weeks Blizzard has released fix for some of the clients with such an issue. I really think that this is a smillilar issue and will do a ticket about it. Lets see what blizzard answer to it is ... hopfully not L2P noob

Quote Originally Posted by Golfik View Post
    Hello

On Imperial Vizier when we have discs floating around, i DPS and run in circle around the boss - right in the middle of the "free" zone. Yet I am taking ocasional damage when I am nowhere near the discs. After few tries and my getting hit once or twice during each phase I noticed that our DK tank (with DPS offspec in this fights) is running much closers to those discs (closer to boss them I am (and a lot of time runing thru them)) but he is not taking as much damamge. On average pull of 7 minutes and long into the main fight he might be hit once by a disk but I get hit 6-8 times.
    Latency, people don't actually appear to be exactly were they are, you will notice this alot during phase 2 of the next fight in HoF, it will look like people are running into tornados, when they are infact not.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have encountered the same problem. my latency should be fine (20ms both home/world). if this is because of latency then hc will be frustrating

Same problem ;P I play resto shaman on the fight, and occasionally get hit, even though I aint close to any disc. It does make the fight a little more exciting

Deleted
    You need to strafe with your mouse. This way your position is beeing refreshed every sec and this shouldn't occur.
    We had same problems back when we were progression on Spirit Kings HC a few weeks back with people not getting their position refreshed and therefore dying random places to annihalate.

10+ Year Old Account
    i strafe with my mouse :3 still have the bug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maaro View Post
    You need to strafe with your mouse. This way your position is beeing refreshed every sec and this shouldn't occur.
    We had same problems back when we were progression on Spirit Kings HC a few weeks back with people not getting their position refreshed and therefore dying random places to annihalate.
    For annihilate you run forward and then turn around. Did you have to strafe at the end ?? very very wired.
    When you move it should update your positioning no matter what you do. Whether you strafe or just run forward.

Just so you know to DPS while on the move as melee during resonnance, I do strafe/run/right mouse clicked-in. I do not stop for a second during this phase so this shouldn't be a refresh issue.

This has happened to me as well, never within a circle, strafing with my mouse with an 80 ms latency. Sometimes was hit by circles kinda like once or twice per resonance phase (not always though). I thought in the initial tries I should give more space, being in the middle of the "free" room, no luck.

After that I thought maybe it's because the circles sometimes break into 2 but again I was nowhere near that. It seems to be present both in the inner ring and the outer ring. I was also paying attention to our melees at some point and I clearly saw our warrior being at the edge, but definitely inside, a circle but he got no damage. Have to agree that maybe it has to do with how the positioning refresh is calculated.

I think sometimes the graphics are unsynced with the actual damage.

Turn up gfx ingame and you will see that some of the discs actually split up, and you will not see them doing that if you arent running on "fair+" gfx settings.

I had the same problem yesterday; getting hit without being anywhere near the disks, situated as I was perfectly in between two disks in practically melee range. Our warrior didn't have any problems avoiding them, though, so either there's some trick to it or I'm greatly overestimating my ability.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

This was happening to me on Yogg-Saron clouds, sometimes I just popped adds when I saw a cloud miles away... I believe its lag/latency issue as ppl mentioned before...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Turn up gfx ingame and you will see that some of the discs actually split up, and you will not see them doing that if you arent running on "fair+" gfx settings.
    Disks are splliting farther away from the boss and I can see this happening so this is not it. And i have all on high apart from Shadows so I am sure it is not a lack of detail during the fight.

Deleted
    Encountered the same (possible) bug over the last week with my raid group. I have Ensidia fails addon running and its going wild on fails while people say they don't get hit. From my experience, as a rogue, If you stay fairly close to the boss while running the circle you don't get hit. It needs some practise because it can be somewhat tricky with the new rings forming. This mainly works perfectly for me on the last phase, Most of the time its the tank and me as the last ones standing before we wipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    I think sometimes the graphics are unsynced with the actual damage.
    That was my impression too. I don't get hit much by discs as is, but sometimes, I think I'm getting hit and am mentally kicking myself for it, but I'm not getting any damage - or absorbed dmg - from it. And at other times, I'm merrily running around the boss, obviously avoiding discs... and I get hit, and I go all "Huh?"

None of that stuff has been deadly to me, so it's not an issue if I eat the-disc-that-wasn't-where-it-was, it just bugs me on a personal level.

Getting hit by the yellow once or twice, or just dying?
    You can easily just clip one because you think you're wherever and the game thinks you aren't. If you're dying, well, you're just doing it wrong.

The green ones though, they will mess you up.

Still, there's no bug here. During our attempts, many people were able to have 0 dmg from discs over many attempts, and not die. Those people must be doing something right, eh?

I dont think latency is the issue. I play with 210ms and I hardly get hit by the discs while people in my group get annihilated by them (I'm sure their latency is waaaaaaaaaay lower than mine).

Ps: 188ms is the best I can get. When I see it below 200 a tear falls from my eyes

Edit: So either they are lying or it's a bug. I believe it's a bug tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Getting hit by the yellow once or twice, or just dying?
    You can easily just clip one because you think you're wherever and the game thinks you aren't. If you're dying, well, you're just doing it wrong.
    getting hit once or twice - so not dieing. And i know when I am close to them and when i am right in between them when there is no chance for me to get hit

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Still, there's no bug here. During our attempts, many people were able to have 0 dmg from discs over many attempts, and not die. Those people must be doing something right, eh?
    ehhh .... During Nefarian encounter in BWD a lot of people where able to jump on the pillars when I was not able to see the lava (and jump up in time) but still I was taking damamge. I had to use Cloak Of Shadows to not get damaged while waiting for my client to do lava animation. After few weeks blizzard fixed that issue and all of the sudden people saying "you not doing it right" went silent. I even posted screen shots people jumping up in the air when there is no lava.

not my screen shot but here you go:
    http://imageshack.us/f/97/wowscrnshot011611205941.jpg/

or even better look at this short video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGK6plQpzVM

Just don't tell me they made it up as other people were able to get on the pillars in time ...

----

We are going in there again today after reset. I will try to record it and see will this be still an issue.
    Last edited by mmoc0e290119fb; 2012-11-07 at 04:04 PM.

I think there is an issue with Resonnance Disks as well.
    In our 10m, we have people ranging from 20ms latency to 100 ms.
    All were getting 'hit' by the discs when there was no graphic near them. It's almost like splash damage.
    We even wiped multiple times just to test the resonnance strat - which seems easy to be honest.
    The un-easy part: people taking damage when they're not hit - for some weird reason.
    Maybe it's intended, but I highly doubt that.

This exact same thing happened to me Monday night as well. My latency rarely jumps over 100. Spell effects set at low at first, then at fair. Changing it did nothing but make the disks flashier. The awkward part was telling the other guys something that sounds under most circumstances like a really, really lame excuse.