Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    High Overlord Japskidin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Where do i live?
    Posts
    162
    Love those Gun's n Roses references. Where's Slash and Izzy though?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Japskidin <- GW2/Rift/WoW Soloing garbage

  2. #82
    Is the bell actually destroyed? The voice files indicate Anduin does something with the mallet that messes with Garrosh's plans for the bell, but I haven't seen how it plays out in game yet.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Is the bell actually destroyed? The voice files indicate Anduin does something with the mallet that messes with Garrosh's plans for the bell, but I haven't seen how it plays out in game yet.
    Someone said Garrosh may have tried to use the mallet but Anduin got in the way. For some reason that strikes me as hilarious.
    Garrosh "Stop standing in front of the bell human whelp"
    Anduin "I won't let you do this Garrosh!"
    *Garrosh smashes the mallet into Anduin striking the bell through his body but fails to activate it properly and breaks the mallet*
    Garrosh "well shit..."

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Someone said Garrosh may have tried to use the mallet but Anduin got in the way. For some reason that strikes me as hilarious.
    Garrosh "Stop standing in front of the bell human whelp"
    Anduin "I won't let you do this Garrosh!"
    *Garrosh smashes the mallet into Anduin striking the bell through his body but fails to activate it properly and breaks the mallet*
    Garrosh "well shit..."
    Bah Anduin didn't bind button for bubble looks like...
    http://www.adriacraft.net :: Adriatic Blizzard Community Fansite
    Twitter: @Stiven_SRB

  5. #85
    So this is what we get from tyrande who was so badass in wc3 basically acting like a complete fool and being lectured military strategy from a guy who has nowhere near as much experience in warfare than she does

    Shes a fucking nelf who has battled demons for thousands of years whos race relies on stealth and ambush and surprise as a tactic for warfare and she would rather run head long into a obvious horde trap

    this just absolutely baffles me

    is there any reason for any alliance leaders to even show up at all if all there gonna do is act like a tool and be talked down by varian
    Last edited by Brummiehorde; 2012-11-10 at 08:14 AM.

  6. #86
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    The whole "trials of the High King" concept had great potential, but it feels like they're already throwing it away.

    I saw it as a chance for Varian to interact with the other racial leaders, learning from each of them and better balancing his experience and knowledge so in the end, he'd have a better understanding of all members of the Alliance, how best to use them in the war against the Horde, and how best to lead from a tactical military approach.
    That's the part I probably would've liked to have seen instead.
    Rather than every leader learning from Varian, Varian learns from the other leaders. Again this way we make each leader's own strengths apparent as Varian learns them while also maintaining the fact Varian isn't perfect and in the end resulting in the classic human case at good at everything master of none.

    In all fairness to the title of High King as I mentioned prior it seems more because Varian is a King not a commander which is why it's the next step up from King essentially.

  7. #87
    Elemental Lord Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    The whole "trials of the High King" concept had great potential, but it feels like they're already throwing it away.

    I saw it as a chance for Varian to interact with the other racial leaders, learning from each of them and better balancing his experience and knowledge so in the end, he'd have a better understanding of all members of the Alliance, how best to use them in the war against the Horde, and how best to lead from a tactical military approach. He should also be Supreme Commander in homage to Lothar instead of "high king" particularly since that's what Metzen has said the High King position is supposed to be.

    Instead, we're just jumping straight into "Varian knows best."

    It's still a step up from the past where we got either completely stomped or no development at all, but the Horde is still definitely getting the more interesting developments. However, if the next expansion is indeed a new battle with the Burning Legion, we could see the Alliance at the forefront with Anduin leading amidst the Army of Light, Velen surely at center stage, and expectedly Turallyon and Alleria's return.
    Fully agreed. I thought the Trials of the High King would be him learning something from each race, at least I might have somehow accepted that even if I didn't like it too much either. I thought he'd go to each leader and each leader would send him on a mini-quest to do something then when returning share some wisdom relating to their races. But now it's just shown as other leaders are incompetent and Varian knows best. And, to be honest, it's only showing Tyrande being incompetent, haven't seen any other leaders either. Well, the patch isn't done, so hopefully we see something of them too.

  8. #88
    Have done uploading Vol'Jin Scenario: Dagger in the Dark, so you finally know how he get wounded, and how Garrosh betray the horde, and what he is up to !

    http://www.adriacraft.net :: Adriatic Blizzard Community Fansite
    Twitter: @Stiven_SRB

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Except she's "stupid aggressive" instead of "tactical aggressive"
    She wasn't "tactical aggressive" in WC3 either. She chose to attack Alliance and Horde while the Burning Legion was their main enemy. Not very tactical.

  10. #90
    Mechagnome Pum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Haah! So the days of green jesus are over... bring on PONYTAIL JESUS!
    Foxtail Jesus*
    Quote Originally Posted by tweekzlol View Post
    but then again, The Coon is obviously unbeatable as he will just manipulate you into being his friend

  11. #91
    A Little Patience Scenario

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    She wasn't "tactical aggressive" in WC3 either. She chose to attack Alliance and Horde while the Burning Legion was their main enemy. Not very tactical.
    Lol right. It's nice to have the convenience of looking at the story overall and ignore the timeline because you know how it ends. At the time, Alliance and Horde were the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    So this is what we get from tyrande who was so badass in wc3 basically acting like a complete fool and being lectured military strategy from a guy who has nowhere near as much experience in warfare than she does

    Shes a fucking nelf who has battled demons for thousands of years whos race relies on stealth and ambush and surprise as a tactic for warfare and she would rather run head long into a obvious horde trap

    this just absolutely baffles me

    is there any reason for any alliance leaders to even show up at all if all there gonna do is act like a tool and be talked down by varian
    <3

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 08:49 PM ----------

    Watching that video it shows an ambush used for taking out the Horde... That's the Night Elves speciality, nice to see they don't have a hand in its planning at all.

  13. #93
    Elemental Lord Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    She wasn't "tactical aggressive" in WC3 either. She chose to attack Alliance and Horde while the Burning Legion was their main enemy. Not very tactical.
    Cenarius had told the night elves the orcs might be avangards of the Legion. Some orcs drank demon blood and killed him. Humans partnered with said orcs. Take in mind that until she got Malfurion back on his feet she never saw them fighting the Legion, and even in that mission her quest was to wake up all the druids faster so she didn't have time to sit and watch the landscape or send scouts to talk with Horde/Alliance when she already had a weak army then still, having not gathered everyone.

  14. #94
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    is there any reason for any alliance leaders to even show up at all if all there gonna do is act like a tool and be talked down by varian
    No, which is why I'm beginning to have the first seeds of dislike for this expansion's "Alliance" story.

    Hush Tyrande! - That's Night Elf fist pumping gold there.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-11-10 at 09:21 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •