Poll: Is Garrosh a suitable Leader?

Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    Deleted

Horde's opinion: Garrosh

Hello there.
    I really dont understand why people hate Garrosh, what he has done for the Horde is 10 times better than what Vol'jin did for the Horde for example.
    Garrosh was the main Horde leader in the expedition on Northrend and also in Icecrown.
    Garrosh personally saw that Dragonmaw orcs join the Horde by Stomping that fel orc.
    Garrosh personally issued the command to stampede the Night Elves in Ashenvale and came there on the field aswell.
    And many more.

This is the type of leader i like, when he personally comes on the field to stomp alliance.
    I dont get why you guys hate him so much, we know he didnt issue the command to kill those night elves druids, we know he didnt kill Cairne (Magatha did), he only wanted a good old honorable duel.

So what do you think guys?

I agree completely, but apparently a lot of people want both factions to be exactly the same, and be led by pacifists. Why even play a war themed game if you want it to be at peace? Personally, I rolled Horde because I wanted to be the bad guy, or at least closer to it than Alliance. Garrosh blurs the lines, as does Sylvanas, which is why they are my favorite leaders. Garrosh is kind of crappy toward the other Horde races, so he may not necessarily be a fit Warchief, but he would make a fine Orc General.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    He is a total badass, still is

Too bad Blizzard had to make him into a villian =(
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I have personal issue with Garrosh because as someone who loves lore and wants to do it for a living, he is an abomination. Garrosh has changes personalities, design, and character drastically not through development but sudden abrupt modifications to fit the story line. He went from a sniveling little brat to a very thug warrior, to the leader of the horde with no real development in between. Also while he is a warrior who wants to crush the alliance, he lacks the intelligence to do so in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    He went from a sniveling little brat to a very thug warrior, to the leader of the horde with no real development in between. Also while he is a warrior who wants to crush the alliance, he lacks the intelligence to do so in my opinion.
    I dont really think its as fractured or hectic as people say

If you look into the novels and short stories you can see his motivations, and his changes are not really hard to believe
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    I dont really think its as fractured or hectic as people say

If you look into the novels and short stories you can see his motivations, and his changes are not really hard to believe
    Read the novels, still LARGE gaps, one doesn't change that much over such a small period of time in a good story line.
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Read the novels, still LARGE gaps, one doesn't change that much over such a small period of time in a good story line.
    well its not really very short periods, sometimes its months between expansions.

Garrosh is a Hellscream, he was always a hyper-agressive warrior, only reason he wsnt in Nagrand was because of his depression.
    Then his change from Cata to MoP, the whole "desperate times call for desperate measures" sums up that change

well its not really very short periods, sometimes its months between expansions.

Garrosh is a Hellscream, he was always a hyper-agressive warrior, only reason he wsnt in Nagrand was because of his depression.
    Then his change from Cata to MoP, the whole "desperate times call for desperate measures" sums up that change
    Months isnt that long to go from one end of the spectrum to the very extreme other end, then to run back towards the middle a far bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    First I'm horde to death fan, one of people who want to paint Azeroth in red
    Now, for Garrosh, f*ck him, as hard as you can
    What I valued most about horde is honor and help people in dire need, Garrosh killed both, using anyone for his use (including his own troops in Theramore Isle), using mana bomb killing anyone there including children and civilians (children at least left pre-bomb), using brute force to silence any opposition inside "his" horde, seeing himself as horde only (no one represent horde but him), treating non-garrosh fan orcs like shit (even non-orc fan of him), and wtf he was thinking with that kind of "gift" to Pandarens?
    I'm not that fan of Vol'jin and prefer Sylvannas over him as next warchief, she is complete loyal to her people at least and won't sacrifice them for her own glory (as read in mini-stories of faction leader and quests in silverpine forest), however I'd vote for Basic Campfire over that crazy stupid warmonger psychopath schizophrenia guy
    Garrosh must die, as horde I can't hold and say I have honor more than alliance, because right now after Theramore act... I don't
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

In a militaristic society garrosh is exactly what the horde needs right now

A no nonsense leader with goals and the drive to see it through no matter the cost

He wants a empire to match that of the Mogu he wants greatness for his people not eeking out a living in mud huts in a barren desert

Yes his diplomatic skills suck and his prickly nature has put off people but if people had the balls to be loyal (im looking at you belfs you will know what i mean in 5.1)

Had our so called allies had the courage to be loyal garrosh couldve taken us to the moon but alas he is destined to lose but it doesnt mean his goals should be dismissed even though we know he wont ever achieve them

ALSO INB4 Trassk lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Garrosh and I like the new Horde. Thrall was way too peaceful for my taste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    In a militaristic society garrosh is exactly what the horde needs right now

A no nonsense leader with goals and the drive to see it through no matter the cost

He wants a empire to match that of the Mogu he wants greatness for his people not eeking out a living in mud huts in a barren desert

Yes his diplomatic skills suck and his prickly nature has put off people but if people had the balls to be loyal (im looking at you belfs you will know what i mean in 5.1)

Had our so called allies had the courage to be loyal garrosh couldve taken us to the moon but alas he is destined to lose but it doesnt mean his goals should be dismissed even though we know he wont ever achieve them

ALSO INB4 Trassk lol
    I for one stand to STAMPEDE the alliance. And when there would be nothing left of it, i would turn my attention to Burning Legion to stomp them aswell for i know Garrosh would like to destroy them aswell (and thats also why i like Garrosh as leader).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    l
    Well we cant achieve those goals for gameplay reasons.

But it dsnt mean those dreams will go away after MoP.
    The Horde could be in the same position as Germany after WW1

The Horde sacrificed so much money and lives to achieve victory, and they gain absolutly nothing, and for them at least the "stabbed in the back" theory has a lot more merit

He is a total badass, still is

Too bad Blizzard had to make him into a villian =(
    As much heat from people I will get, I agree with you. 100%

Badass Horde 4 Life > Chickenshit Lazy Horde
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2012-11-09 at 04:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh reminds me of some people who rage over very little things. I've tried to see merit in him. It's dead, anybody who supposedly likes him probably has a thing for him for violent people. This thread...is going to be an echo chamber and...Trask if you're here you handle it I don't feel like listening a echo chamber of "GARROSH IS AWESOME /CHESTTHUMP1111"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Had our so called allies had the courage to be loyal garrosh couldve taken us to the moon but alas he is destined to lose
    And if the Alliance weren't written to be passive, stupid, uncoordinated nitwits throwing their corpses against horde plot armour in the story, the moon is the only place the Horde would be allowed to live, having thoroughly been crushed into the dirt on Azeroth.

Also, everything, every last bit of the story tells you the Mogu weren't great. They had no power, no skills, even their magic was mostly bluster; all the mogu had was a lot of bulk, belligerence and intimidation. They collapsed faster than you can say "mogu" when the people they enslaved stopped fearing them. They couldn't touch the Mantid, their enforcer race the Saurok annihilated them outright, including their emperor in Krasarang, and the Pandaren, Hozen, Jinyu and Grummles rebelling destroyed the inept Mogu's ability to do anything. Orcs can't do anything, they have no practical skills, no innovation, there are no thinkers amongst them. All they can do is wage war, hope they win, and steal whatever is there, exhaust it, and repeat the cycle. They will never last so long as there are people who oppose them.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I agree completely, but apparently a lot of people want both factions to be exactly the same, and be led by pacifists. Why even play a war themed game if you want it to be at peace? Personally, I rolled Horde because I wanted to be the bad guy, or at least closer to it than Alliance. Garrosh blurs the lines, as does Sylvanas, which is why they are my favorite leaders. Garrosh is kind of crappy toward the other Horde races, so he may not necessarily be a fit Warchief, but he would make a fine Orc General.
    Varian is a pacifist? What game are you playing???

He had potential as a character, which was promptly quashed.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Also, everything, every last bit of the story tells you the Mogu weren't great. They had no power, no skills, even their magic was mostly bluster; all the mogu .
    Really, because the game I play shows the Mogu as powerful beings with brute strength and crazy weird magics that they used to terrify enemies
    Hell they build imposing monuments and buildings all throughout Pandaria, buildings that still remain to this day
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2012-11-09 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keksplace View Post
    Hello there.
    I really dont understand why people hate Garrosh, what he has done for the Horde is 10 times better than what Vol'jin did for the Horde for example.
    Sometimes, no action is better than action.
    Garrosh was the main Horde leader in the expedition on Northrend and also in Icecrown.
    It was a successful campaign, but honestly: Not thanks to Garrosh. It was successful thanks to Saurfang.
    Garrosh wanted to wage war on the Alliance more than on Arthas. Whereas Icecrown was a great opportunity to not only work together, but to establish diplomatic ties to the Alliance, Garrosh ordered his Warsong to ambush the Alliance... In Icecrown itself! Garrosh assaulted the Alliance fort in the Borean Tundra, and even tried to starve them by attacking their provision convoys. If Saurfang wouldn't have interfered at that point, the entire Northrend expedition would have fallen to ruin.

Garrosh personally saw that Dragonmaw orcs join the Horde by Stomping that fel orc.
    And... Why did we want the Dragonmaw clan to join again? They're not exactly what you'd call... Nice. Or reliable. They didn't want to join the New Horde because they didn't want peace. They only joined now because they're afraid Garrosh will roflstomp them, too (and he would). Plentiful application of violence does not a good leader make.
    Garrosh personally issued the command to stampede the Night Elves in Ashenvale and came there on the field aswell.
    Yes; what a great idea! Give the Alliance even more reasons to hate us! I can see we're going to get along splendidly! You might say that that is a good thing, but I really don't see how... Trade is a pretty big thing, and I don't know if you've realized, but... The Horde is pretty much starved of resources.
    And many more.
    Yups, the one screw-up after the other one. Also, he throws his subordinates off of tall places when they do something misguided or fail at something... Rather than merely grow angry and enact judgement, he outright kills them.
    This is the type of leader i like, when he personally comes on the field to stomp alliance.
    It's a good boost to morale when a leader shows up at the battle-field. Partaking in it, however, risks the leader being killed or captured, which leaves their entire faction in shambles. You might like it, but personally, I think it's incredibly stupid, selfish and reckless.
    I dont get why you guys hate him so much, we know he didnt issue the command to kill those night elves druids, we know he didnt kill Cairne (Magatha did), he only wanted a good old honorable duel.
    No, he didn't order the Druids to be killed. He didn't order Fel magic to be used. He didn't order lots of things. Garrosh gives the type of orders that go "Go capture that place! Do not fail me, or else! You figure out how!" And then, when things go bad because he can't even issue a normal command, he doesn't take responsibility for the actions that were, ultimately, his fault.
    As for Cairne: He shouldn't have wanted a duel in the first place. He could have just... Oh, I don't know... Listen carefully to the council of a wise and well-seasoned leader with loads of experience. Instead, he chose the option of ruling with an iron fist, pound his chest and roar. Again: Being a leader doesn't mean you need to roflstomp everyone who doesn't agree with your ideas.
    Yes, Magatha killed Cairne. We all know Magatha is incredibly evil.