Poll: Is Garrosh a suitable Leader?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    As for Cairne: He shouldn't have wanted a duel in the first place. He could have just... Oh, I don't know... Listen carefully to the council of a wise and well-seasoned leader with loads of experience. .
    Cainre wsnt really inclined to listen to anything Garrosh was saying, he was a pissed off bull

And he really was not acting like a "wise and well-seasoned leader"
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2012-11-09 at 05:00 AM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Cainre wsnt really inclined to listen to anything Garrosh was saying, he was a pissed off bull
    He was pissed off because of what Garrosh was saying... Which means he listened.

I have personal issues with him since he despises Trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    What I valued most about horde is honor and help people in dire need
    Did you play the original warcraft RTS games? The Horde has only very, very recently become about "honor," it's a product of WoW lore trying to make two "good guys" who are still enemies. The Horde had King Llane brutally betrayed and assassinated, enslaved several races, raped and pillaged their way across several worlds, overall did anything in their power to win a war, regardless of cost. You can go look up all the twisted stuff the old warlocks like Ner'zhul and Gul'dan did with complete approval of the Warchief.

People seem to have no knowledge of the real Horde, or they just forgot. Victory or death means one thing, and one thing only. The Horde is about nothing more than conquest. No one in the true Horde cares about honor, helping people, or any of that other Alliance-themed garbage. The very recent picture of the Horde we have received via WoW and the end of Warcraft III is a result of Thrall, one warchief in the line of many. Thrall's new age and extremely weak Horde is just another page in the book of Orc history.

Garrosh seemed to be Blizzard's attempt to show us what the Horde is all about. As we can see in many Cataclysm quests, he was actually a pretty solid Warchief for some time. It seems that the player base doesn't want the Horde to be Horde anymore, not since they watered it down and made it so Alliance, so they gave up and turned him into a raid boss - their cop out for any failed lore projects.

"Lets give the players a REAL Warchief!"
    "Oh wait they still hate him..."
    "I know! Sha corruption, it wasn't our fault! Raid boss time!"
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-11-09 at 05:07 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    He was pissed off because of what Garrosh was saying... Which means he listened.
    really?
    Because as i recall, when Garrosh declines being involved, Cainre calls him a liar and slaps him
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    What kind of biased poll is this ?

I want the option :

He is one of the worst orc that ever made his appearance in wow and should die like the scum he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Did you play the original warcraft RTS games? The Horde has only very, very recently become about "honor," it's a product of WoW lore trying to make two "good guys" who are still enemies. The Horde had King Llane brutally betrayed and assassinated, enslaved several races, raped and pillaged their way across several worlds, overall did anything in their power to win a war, regardless of cost. You can go look up all the twisted stuff the old warlocks like Ner'zhul and Gul'dan did with complete approval of the Warchief.

People seem to have no knowledge of the real Horde, or they just forgot. Victory or death means one thing, and one thing only. The Horde is about nothing more than conquest. No one in the true Horde cares about honor, helping people, or any of that other Alliance-themed garbage. The very recent picture of the Horde we have received via WoW and the end of Warcraft III is a result of Thrall, one warchief in the line of many. Thrall's new age and extremely weak Horde is just another page in the book of Orc history.
    You're confusing the New Horde with the Old Horde. The Old Horde was a fel-driven machine of death, destruction and conquest. The New Horde is a minority faction of people trying to get by in the face of overwhelming odds.
    Edit: And then Garrosh came around and ruined it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by keksplace View Post
    I really dont understand why people hate Garrosh, what he has done for the Horde is 10 times better than what Vol'jin did for the Horde for example.
    What the

Garrosh personally saw that Dragonmaw orcs join the Horde by Stomping that fel orc.
    Pretty sure I did that. While Garrosh was taking a swim after ordering away his close air support in an area under siege by a rogue dragonflight to take potshots at Alliance ships that were there to fight the same enemy.

Garrosh personally issued the command to stampede the Night Elves in Ashenvale and came there on the field aswell.
    Because that was a great idea. However conflict in Ashenvale was raging even back when Thrall was Warchief so I don't even see how he can take credit for that. Garrosh's big plan was a push up through Ashenvale to Darkshore, together with a flanking attack from the Shatterspear Trolls (which the Night Elves wiped out). That seems to have run aground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The New Horde is a minority faction of people trying to get by in the face of overwhelming odds.
    And those odds were starting to stack against the Orcs, due to the Cataclysm and the Wrath War, Durotar became a land that was a lot shittier than Thrall would have liked it to be

You're confusing the New Horde with the Old Horde. The Old Horde was a fel-driven machine of death, destruction and conquest. The New Horde is a minority faction of people trying to get by in the face of overwhelming odds.
    Edit: And then Garrosh came around and ruined it for everyone.
    People can use demon blood as an excuse all they want, but let's not forget that the old Horde willingly drank it, repeatedly. Grom is still considered a great orc by most people, even people who hate Garrosh, and he drank Mannoroth's blood AGAIN, fully knowing what would happen, in order to beat Cenarius. Thrall probably would've ran off or tried to make peace, Grom did what he had to do to win. That is Horde way.

Thrall is easily the worst thing to happen to the Horde, Doomhammer would be disgusted if he were around to see what it has become.

Garrosh seemed to be Blizzard's attempt to show us what the Horde is all about. As we can see in many Cataclysm quests, he was actually a pretty solid Warchief for some time. It seems that the player base doesn't want the Horde to be Horde anymore, not since they watered it down and made it so Alliance, so they gave up and turned him into a raid boss - their cop out for any failed lore projects.

"Lets give the players a REAL Warchief!"
    "Oh wait they still hate him..."
    "I know! Sha corruption, it wasn't our fault! Raid boss time!"
    What's left of that Horde is on Draenor. Remember when we went to Outland and killed them all? Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What's left of that Horde is on Draenor. Remember when we went to Outland and killed them all? Yeah.
    Pawns of Illidan, had nothing to do with racial cleansing and everything to do with beating one primary enemy.

Interestingly enough, Orc history is full of inter-clan warfare. The fact that Orcs are all one clan now, apparently, is also a very new innovation. The Dragonmaw refusing to join the Horde at first should not have surprised anyone.

People can use demon blood as an excuse all they want, but let's not forget that the old Horde willingly drank it, repeatedly. Grom is still considered a great orc by most people, even people who hate Garrosh, and he drank Mannoroth's blood AGAIN, fully knowing what would happen, in order to beat Cenarius. Thrall probably would've ran off or tried to make peace, Grom did what he had to do to win. That is Horde way.

Thrall is easily the worst thing to happen to the Horde, Doomhammer would be disgusted if he were around to see what it has become.
    Thrall had a man-crush on Grom. Grom was kind of an idiot, all he did in Warcraft III was start a war with the Night Elves nobody needed, drink demon blood invalidating everything Thrall stood for for no good reason, killed a forest demigod who could've been an enormous help against the Legion and then marginally redeemed himself at the end of the Orc campaign by killing one Pit Lord and dying.

Grom was instructed to gather wood, a resource the Horde badly needed. He was completing the mission Thrall sent him on, it was not a war "nobody needed."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes; what a great idea! Give the Alliance even more reasons to hate us! I can see we're going to get along splendidly! You might say that that is a good thing, but I really don't see how... Trade is a pretty big thing, and I don't know if you've realized, but... The Horde is pretty much starved of resources.
    And just how likely were the Night Elves gonna uplift the ban on trade with the Horde?

By the time they had their meeting with Hamuel, they didnt think Garrosh was behind it, they knew he was behind it.
    And just how friendly do you think they would be when those druids are murdered, again, by "Horde" troops

o, and its a lot more beneficial to actually own said resources than to have to pay for them

10+ Year Old Account
    I would actually love Garrosh as a leader if he wasn't such a hotheaded dumbass.

His tenacity is inspiring, his ferocity unmatched, and he is a warrior true and true...BUT, he let's his temper control his actions and that makes a poor leader. Cairne tried to talk with him, tried to help him see reason in his actions...his response? "YOU SAY MEAN THINGS!!! ME SMASH YOU!!!!" Magatha may have been the one ultimately responsible for Cairne's death, but I will not diminish Garrosh's role as the one who held the axe.

I, for one, will be glad to put him out of my misery.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

And just how likely were the Night Elves gonna uplift the ban on trade with the Horde?

By the time they had their meeting with Hamuel, they didnt think Garrosh was behind it, they knew he was behind it.
    And just how friendly do you think they would be when those druids are murdered, again, by "Horde" troops

o, and its a lot more beneficial to actually own said resources than to have to pay for them
    Here's the thing, though:
    They could have simple... Not done that. You know. As in: Not do that.
    But they did to that.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Cairne tried to talk with him, tried to help him see reason in his actions...his response? "YOU SAY MEAN THINGS!!! ME SMASH YOU!!!!.
    Thats not really how it went down.

Cairne didnt go to Org to talk Garrosh out of anything, he went to punish him.
    He was pissed the fuck off that his pet-project of re-establishing trade routes was ruined and his good friend was bleeding to death somwhere, and he knew exactly who to vent his anger on

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 05:27 AM ----------

They could have simple... Not done that. You know. As in: Not do that.
    But they did to that.
    care to explain a little more? lol

10+ Year Old Account

Hitler ruled with the same mindset. "Destroy every enemy you see and only care about my goals." Do you like him as well?
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    Hitler ruled with the same mindset. "Destroy every enemy you see and only care about my goals." Do you like him as well?
    Ding Ding Ding godwins law end thread

I see garrosh more like a would be ghengis khan or alexander the great

two of the most respected warrior conquerers of all time and two of the most psychopathic bastards of all time but there legacy as great leaders who are more of less worshiped is undoubted

I feel like i keep repeating myself but azeroth is a brutal medieval world

you honestly think chivalry actually existed back in the age of richard III? Honor thats just a romanticized word to romanticize brutal combat

there is nothing honorable about sticking a axe or a sword through someones head

and dont harp on about use of super weapons every country in history has used weapons that would be seen as dishonourable