Poll: Is Garrosh a suitable Leader?

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    bad character development, blizzard as always listened to the idiotic fanbase and changed Garrosh, from a learning-to-be a leader to a bad writen dictator.
    I hate it now, not for his actions or what he has done but for the whole bad writen thing about him, how they tried to develop him before and now is pure BS.

Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    garrosh kills hes general for the bomb but still bombs theramore without knowing if civilians got out or not not to mention its a cowards move.
    this is what I'm talking about, it's a retcon itself. even when he stated that attacking disarmed ppl with a bomb was coward. theramore was far from disarmed, btw.
    Last edited by shimargh; 2012-11-09 at 03:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

I think the problem is that Garrosh is the strongman and does not regard anyone elses feelings or opinions. If he had been more open to council like Thrall, then he'd probably have a higher longevity.

He is an Orc. How much love for Orc can one have...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    I see so much wisdom in you. Can you please enlighten me why exactly and to what benefit you want to STAMPEDE (I've run out of tags to make word stand out) the Alliance. Did you ever ponder that if not for Horde, there wouldn't be any Alliance at all?

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 05:48 PM ----------

So, where are those Mongols that were led by "great leader" now?
    We would take their resources and their teritory!
    I for one would STOMP (arena) pety rebels like you aswell, even if you are Horde.
    Last edited by mmoc68976ba3b0; 2012-11-09 at 04:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keksplace View Post
    So what do you think guys?
    I think Garrosh Hellscream is a pretty cool guy and the single best addition to WoW in years. He has certainly got people talking, you can't NOT have an opinion of him.

However, I think it's lame that Blizzard is suddenly turning him into a bad guy. He had so much more potential. I really hope he's just possessed by the Sha and we redeem him. In my eyes, Garrosh was meant to rival the badass attitude that Saurfang has, but he's younger and more reckless. But he can learn. I don't want to see him killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    care to explain a little more? lol
    Well; it started much earlier, with the whole 'go get me some wood!'
    Grom Hellscream happens.
    The Warsong Clan happens.
    Thrall should have ended it in the bud, trying for diplomatic ties, and going the Southpark BP-route: "We're sorry." Instead, he goes: "Well, we shouldn't, but I'm in no position to stop the Warsong clan..."
    Garrosh, though stupid, hot-headed and more of that stuff, should have gone: "Okay; I'm the Warchief now! We're going to do things differently! Warsong; get your arses back! Night Elves: Look; we did some really bad stuff to you in the past, but now that I'm Warchief, we can do things differently. We're going to launch an all-out assault on Mannoroc Coven, have the Apothecary whip up some super-fertilizer that also draws the fel energy out of the ground (hell; we all know they can do that sort of thing; look at the much improved state of Tirisfal and Silverpine), replant that coven, plant in Azhara, plant in the Northern Barrens, and see if we can come to some agreement concerning wood. By the way: We can also help out with that Felwood place..."
    The problem is: They're pretty stoked on not doing diplomacy... At all.

Quote Originally Posted by keksplace View Post
    We would take their resources and their teritory!
    I for one would STOMP (arena) pety rebels like you aswell, even if you are Horde.
    So, err... What would you do next? When you took all resources and wasted them just like Orcs already did on their homeworld? That's provided you'd succeed. I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but as history shows pretty much every culture focused on "stomping and taking" is now reduced to footnotes in history books, so it is those who push this way are the traitor of their people, leading them to ruin. Either willingly or by just being dumb.

Garrosh is destroying the core tenant of what made the New Horde successful: the fellowship between a handful of races that the rest of the world had no interest in helping or out-right despised. Mutual survival, friendship and aid against a world that would see them all dead. When he talks of the Horde's dominance and future and power, he only speaks of the orcs. All the other races are lesser races, or only around because they bring something convenient to the table. He segregates Orgrimmar, pushing the trolls and goblins into the slums (and, if you do the cooking daily, allows their food to be stolen by orcs), restricting access to the Drag (i.e. the financial hub of the city, as spoken by an npc during the Pandaren introduction quest in Orgrimmar) and staffs the upper echelons of Horde command exclusively with orcs. He holds utter contempt for the Forsaken and will happily throw them into a meatgrinder so their bodies can be used as protection for the orc platoons after them (Sylvanas' short story). He has said nothing about the Blood Elves, but one can assume he holds them in equal regard to the Forsaken. He is racist and jingoistic and he is splintering the faction and, ironically, making the Horde even weaker in the process.

As a character, I think he has been poorly served. He's just a hot-headed warlord with visions of conquest and glory, no matter the cost. What little insight that his short story gave us, what little hints of an effective leader we've seen have been buried under the ham-fisted effort to put him on the fast track to villaindom. He could've been made into a complex and rather intriguing character, but his motivations - to see his people never enslaved again, never made pawns to another power - are given no nuance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post
    As a character, I think he has been poorly served. He's just a hot-headed warlord with visions of conquest and glory, no matter the cost. What little insight that his short story gave us, what little hints of an effective leader we've seen have been buried under the ham-fisted effort to put him on the fast track to villaindom. He could've been made into a complex and rather intriguing character, but his motivations - to see his people never enslaved again, never made pawns to another power - are given no nuance.
    Here in comes the irony. Garrosh trying to convince everyone he doesn't want to see the orcs (lets face it he doesn't give a shit about the rest of the horde) in chains, EVEN THOUGH he was NEVER part of the horde when it was held in chains by the alliance.. and yet now, he is the one holding the horde in chains, under his boot to either serve him completely or die being called a traitor for even questioning his rule.

He has become what the horde was trying to free itself from.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Here in comes the irony. Garrosh trying to convince everyone he doesn't want to see the orcs (lets face it he doesn't give a shit about the rest of the horde) in chains, EVEN THOUGH he was NEVER part of the horde when it was held in chains by the alliance.. and yet now, he is the one holding the horde in chains, under his boot to either serve him completely or die being called a traitor for even questioning his rule.

He has become what the horde was trying to free itself from.
    It makes the conversation with Saurfang in Warsong Hold all the more powerful and all the more forshadowing, huh? The veteran who remembers and regrets the violence he committed as a pawn of the Legion, and the misery of the internment camps and knows that attacking the Alliance is a fruitless and ultimately damaging their true goal verses the young gun who jumps at the chance to establish himself. I certainly hope that Saurfang comes out of whatever vacation he's been on already.

I agree. But I think, in the meta, this is wholly necessary for the Horde. Not only as a growing pain to test the bonds between the races, but also to see if the orcs can overcome the anger and violence of their past.

It makes the conversation with Saurfang in Warsong Hold all the more powerful and all the more forshadowing, huh? The veteran who remembers and regrets the violence he committed as a pawn of the Legion, and the misery of the internment camps and knows that attacking the Alliance is a fruitless and ultimately damaging their true goal verses the young gun who jumps at the chance to establish himself. I certainly hope that Saurfang comes out of whatever vacation he's been on already.

I agree. But I think, in the meta, this is wholly necessary for the Horde. Not only as a growing pain to test the bonds between the races, but also to see if the orcs can overcome the anger and violence of their past.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Saurfang tries to put Garrosh down, only to die, which could ultimately drive a lot of orcs into the rebel camp.

10+ Year Old Account

Unfortunately the orcs don't seem to have. The young orcs and even some of the vetrans have been sucked into being drones for another warmonger without looking at there own history or past mistakes to recognise what is happening, they don't care, they just want a reason to fight, and because of it have become divided from the rest of the horde almost as much as the forsaken have been.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    My opinion: Why can't we all just get along? I don't like Garrosh, but I get him psychologically, and he's fun to watch.

Maybe Andiun and Baine will help make long-term peace with sub-factions within the Horde or something.

I like peace. However, the game is a lot more fun and interesting with war (Unless it's like Wrath with a combined effort against a greater evil).

Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    My opinion: Why can't we all just get along? I don't like Garrosh, but I get him psychologically, and he's fun to watch.
    Because people take WoW characters, especially those involved with their faction, much too seriously, rather than understanding that it's simply part of a story.

Garrosh is the story of a wealthy family who lost everything, and one son who had no choice but to keep them all together.

Deleted
    Yeah it's totally awesome that he doesn't let anyone speak out against him. It's super cool that he lets his lapdog execute people just because they question him. I especially love it that he let his "shaman" summon molten giants and risk a second Cataclysm, after Thrall just busted his ass to heal the world from the damage the first one caused. He is a good leader because he unnecessarily risks the lives of his own soldiers and annihilates a whole town, that could've very well been full of civilians and especially children, just for the sole purpose of conquest.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2012-11-09 at 06:20 PM.

A few big reasons:

1. His goal is war. That's it. In Wrath he wanted to take out the Alliance for no other reason than "they were in the way", which just shows off his brilliant critical thinking skills... In Cata, it was the same way. Now he wants to take out the Alliance so he can claim Pandaria and Kalimdor for the Horde, fair enough. Except he wants to use these new sources of resources to build more weapons to take out the Alliance. His people are starving and eking out a living because he's turning all gathered material to the war machine... If he can't feed us, we can't fight.

2. A reason keksplace used as a reason to hate Sylvannas is she uses her followers as tools. Garrosh is much, much worse at this. In the Pandaren introduction to the Horde, Garrosh points out the uses of the members of the Horde as tools. He only sees his followers as soldiers in his maniacal war machine. Especially the races of the Horde that aren't orcs. Only the orcs truly matter to him, everything else is just a tool to be used and eventually discarded.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 02:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I think Garrosh Hellscream is a pretty cool guy and the single best addition to WoW in years. He has certainly got people talking, you can't NOT have an opinion of him.

However, I think it's lame that Blizzard is suddenly turning him into a bad guy. He had so much more potential. I really hope he's just possessed by the Sha and we redeem him. In my eyes, Garrosh was meant to rival the badass attitude that Saurfang has, but he's younger and more reckless. But he can learn. I don't want to see him killed.
    They didn't suddenly turn him into a bad guy. It's been happening for years.

There won't be any Sha corruption. He's been a hot headed blindly violent tyrant since he was appointed warchief, long before the Sha even come into contact with him.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    They didn't suddenly turn him into a bad guy. It's been happening for years.

There won't be any Sha corruption. He's been a hot headed blindly violent tyrant since he was appointed warchief, long before the Sha even come into contact with him.
    Trust me, you will find the kind of people that think 'Garrosh was cool, why they change him?' will always be the kind of people that haven't paid any attention to whats happening in the story.
    #boycottchina

I think he's hideous. Ingame atleast.

edit: hideous in everyway in game, he looks like muk from pokemon, they should improve him

15+ Year Old Account
    @OP

We will talk again @ the end of the xpac

But ye i can imagen how u like him beiing very brutal, i like it to