Poll: Is Garrosh a suitable Leader?

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Because Garrosh planned to drop the manabomb on that place, yet still send soldiers in there to fight the troops. He send them in there, let them fight a bit, retreated, and then dropped the bomb. Why not just drop the bomb? .
    Because they needed to cripple Theremore's air defenses to make using the bomb even possible
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Because they needed to cripple Theremore's air defenses to make using the bomb even possible
    There would have been more efficient ways to do that.
    Besides that happened after they breached one of the gates and were trapped in there by Kalec.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2012-11-10 at 09:50 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright lumber is needed, but while Ashenvale makes sense, it also costs lives. There are other means to get lumber. There was even a possibility of trading with the Alliance but Garrosh didn't care much for that.
    The Night Elves were not very willing to trading with the Orcs, and the "Horde" attacks in Ashenvele were not helping matters.

Plus, its much more beneficial to actually own said resources than to have to pay for them. Especially when you are paying people that many in the Horde percieve as their long-time enemies.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 09:56 AM ----------

But here's the main thing. Garrosh would've attacked Theramore regardless. .
    Yeah, because they are at war.

It should not matter if Jaina's armies attacked the Barrens or not.
    Honestly, Theremore being an Alliance city is really the only reason the Horde needs to want to attack it.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

There would have been more efficient ways to do that.
    Besides that happened after they breached one of the gates and were trapped in there by Kalec.
    The horde couldve droped that bomb in the middle of the night and vapourised theramore in there sleep but that wasnt the plan

the plan was to get enough alliance to come to the rescue, for stormwind to send ships and men to join the battle and when you have most of your enemy in one place then you hit them with the superweapon basically letting your enemy put all there eggs in one basket and allowing you to stomp on that basket

as for what happened afterwards that wasnt part of the plan if you have done the alliance scenario the whole island is captured by the horde as well as the focusing iris its only because of 3 'heroes' and jaina that she is allowed to capture the device and kill all the orcs on the island and then attempt to use it to destroy orgrimmar till she is talked down by thrall

Deleted
    Why is Garrosh awesome? I will keep it summarized:

- He hates Alliance.
    - Ok, he wants to wipe out Alliance from all over Azeroth.
    - Tactical Genius (Theramore).
    - Wreckless and Barbaric (Y).
    - Believes that the Horde is the best and most elite force ever existed.
    - 10000x better than Varian Wrynn, who in my opinion he and his hippy son Anduin should be wiped off.

Now, where is Garrosh going with all this power he got? Unfortunately I believe:

- He is getting corrupted by the Legion (see Malkorok being a Dread Lord Thread somewhere on official forumns)
    - Goes against anyone who opposes him (Vol'jin, Baine, others)

There is his downfall, it is sad to see someone who knows how to exercise power while being Warchief fail like that, I am really sad that probably we will end up killing him, I loved his father's story and the pride that he himself boasts of as well, but oh well sad times are sad ;(

Deleted
    The Night Elves were not very willing to trading with the Orcs, and the "Horde" attacks in Ashenvele were not helping matters.

Plus, its much more beneficial to actually own said resources than to have to pay for them. Especially when you are paying people that many in the Horde percieve as their long-time enemies.
    There were actually negotiations during the Shattering, but they were disrupted by the Twilight's Hammer. Of course the Night Elves would be willing to trade. They won't stand by and let the Horde kill their trees and ancients, but they if it would help bring peace to their forest they would trade with the Horde.

Sure it's much more beneficial to kill the guy who has the stuff than to trade with him. But it's reckless. That's why Thrall wanted to push towards some form of trade agreement instead of going in there and taking lifes just so they could get wood.

They are long time enemies because the Horde constantly fights them. They go into their territory and harvest their forests.

Yeah, because they are at war.

It should not matter if Jaina's armies attacked the Barrens or not.
    Honestly, Theremore being an Alliance city is really the only reason the Horde needs to want to attack it.
    First of all, they're certainly "warring" but it's not an all-out-war like it used to be in WC1 and WC2. It's more like a couple of skirmishes here and there.
    If there's an all-out-war why are they only allowed to attack ships when they cross their waters?

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    The horde couldve droped that bomb in the middle of the night and vapourised theramore in there sleep but that wasnt the plan

the plan was to get enough alliance to come to the rescue, for stormwind to send ships and men to join the battle and when you have most of your enemy in one place then you hit them with the superweapon basically letting your enemy put all there eggs in one basket and allowing you to stomp on that basket

as for what happened afterwards that wasnt part of the plan if you have done the alliance scenario the whole island is captured by the horde as well as the focusing iris its only because of 3 'heroes' and jaina that she is allowed to capture the device and kill all the orcs on the island and then attempt to use it to destroy orgrimmar till she is talked down by thrall
    So they waited until the troops were assembled and then they could've dropped it at night. Or are the assembled troops disappearing every night?

Actually, in the book, it was just Jaina, and there were just a couple of Horde soldiers trying to retrieve the Iris.

Deleted
    If that were true how do you explain all the troops in the Southern Barrens? Troops that wear the tabard and fight under the flag of Theremore.

Theramore is an Alliance city. The Horde is at war with the Alliance, it isnt hard to connect the dots
    We had to send reinforcements to the Night Elves, in order to help them against the unprovoked Horde aggression in Ashenvale.
    Last edited by mmoc785ca38ad1; 2012-11-10 at 11:23 AM.

There were actually negotiations during the Shattering, but they were disrupted by the Twilight's Hammer. Of course the Night Elves would be willing to trade. They won't stand by and let the Horde kill their trees and ancients, but they if it would help bring peace to their forest they would trade with the Horde.
    Nope. The Night Elves consider Ashenvale sacred and will not brook any sort of timbering projects there. In fact, the agreement Thrall and Varian were working on in the comics before the Twilight's Hammer screwed it all up had timber and fur from Elwynn Forest being traded for minerals and ore from Durotar.

This is the sacred forest that Tyrande killed the Warsong scouting party over, forcing them to drink demon blood again. The same forest she blindly killed a human paladin over in her anger. The Night Elves would NOT trade lumber from Ashenvale, even if they were on reasonably amicable terms with the Horde. And that's one of the cogs thats driving this war machine: Orgrimmar desperately needs resources, resources the Night Elves have in abundance but refuse to trade for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post
    Nope. The Night Elves consider Ashenvale sacred and will not brook any sort of timbering projects there. In fact, the agreement Thrall and Varian were working on in the comics before the Twilight's Hammer screwed it all up had timber and fur from Elwynn Forest being traded for minerals and ore from Durotar.

This is the sacred forest that Tyrande killed the Warsong scouting party over, forcing them to drink demon blood again. The same forest she blindly killed a human paladin over in her anger. The Night Elves would NOT trade lumber from Ashenvale, even if they were on reasonably amicable terms with the Horde. And that's one of the cogs thats driving this war machine: Orgrimmar desperately needs resources, resources the Night Elves have in abundance but refuse to trade for.
    No they wouldn't let the Horde kill their trees, but the Night Elves have other means of getting wood. There were at least peace negotiations between I think druids from both the Horde and the Alliance in Ashenvale. It's certainly a possibility to give the Horde some lumber if that means they will leave their forest alone. And they could have it shipped in from Elwynn or somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Why everyone hates Garrosh? He has been the only one who has led the Horde to its splendor, he has brought together former allies under his command and has more than proved its worth. Garrosh Hellscream is a hero of the Horde! With the amount of progress that he has brought to the Horde ... If the Horde does not appreciate how good Warchief is he, then Garrosh's future must be somewhere else!

Also, Garrosh is a too important character to die in a raid... he is the son of Grom Hellscream! Garrosh can not die in a raid, is too important for that! Long live to Garrosh Hellscream!
    Garrosh is a character who sheds the game more alive than dead, the Dark Horde reborns thanks to him! No more endings so predictable! Garrosh needs to live!
    With Garrosh Live, a new threat looms over Azeroth ... a new faction with new interests ... For the love of God! That would give a lot of play in the future! Kill Garrosh is very boring and predictable! Blizzard, Surprise us all! Please!

The Dark Horde will be proud to have Garrosh as their Warchief. A new threat looms over Azeroth, with the help of the Grimtotem tauren and the Dark Horde, Garrosh Hellscream, son of Grom Hellscream, will take the place that belongs in his own right.

Garrosh for Warchief! Garrosh Hellscream for ever! For the TRUE Horde!

List of OPINIONS about Garrosh and Thrall

[LIST][*](SNIP)
    Fix'd that for you.

It's the "New Coke" tactic. Everyone is sick to death of Thrall, but Metzen won't give up on his Mary-Sue character. Enter Garrosh. Have him beat his chest and thumb his nose at what players love about the Horde for a few years and all of a sudden Thrall doesn't look so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    I like Garrosh and I like the new Horde. Thrall was way too peaceful for my taste.
    this, but how he develops now I like in particular. I was fine with him being a conquering warrior with an attitude, but you can see in the questlines we'll get to experience later that's his attitude is getting worse and worse.

Am I the only one seeing this? I'm very pleased with the story so far since the first major patch is the start of him being corrupt. I'm pretty excited to see where they are going in the following patches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    I like Garrosh and I like the new Horde. Thrall was way too peaceful for my taste.
    What's so wrong with peace all of a sudden.

Deleted
    Guys i can see the Horde is broken in two, and im tired of all these peace hippies that think we desrve to stand in a desert because we agressed the alliance first.
    What kind of stupidity is that coming from a Horde player...?
    I know for SURE that many Garrosh supporters are the better PVE and PVP players because i heard dudes opinions ingame.
    All these horde peace hippies are nothing, but flies in alliance players way.

So i say next expansion to bring the 3rd faction (i also made a post about an idea of 3rd faction i would join) cos i know for sure i would crush these Horde peace boys in pvp and pve aswell.
    Garrosh supporters are dudes of competition, Garrosh supporters trully dominate the alliance in bgs in arenas and also in PVE. Without us Horde is nothing!
    Last edited by mmoc68976ba3b0; 2012-11-10 at 12:40 PM.

I love and support Garrosh, if in fact the last raid of the expansion is to kill Garrosh then I guess there will be one raid i'll never do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I love and support Garrosh, if in fact the last raid of the expansion is to kill Garrosh then I guess there will be one raid i'll never do.
    I quited this expansion just because of this shit.
    Next expansion ill be back. Hopefully within a new faction (a 3rd if my dream comes true, cos i would never reroll alliance) to crush Trask and other puny rebels for the TRUE Horde!
    Last edited by mmoc68976ba3b0; 2012-11-10 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    What makes him so special that you refuse to kill him ingame? He is low average at best in my opinion. Like his idiot of a father.

Quote Originally Posted by keksplace View Post
    I quited this expansion just because of this shit.
    Next expansion ill be back. Hopefully within a new faction (a 3rd if my dream comes true, cos i would never reroll alliance) to crush Trask and other puny rebels.
    Thank God

Too bad -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh is a terrible leader. He's completely worthless as a strategist, and I'd be willing to bet that the Theramore thing will turn out to have been someone else's idea. Given Garrosh's history of 'attack now even if it's retarded' (See: The TwiHi intro, his attack on the quilboar in Baine's short story, etc etc), the strategy behind Theramore was much too intelligent to have been his work. Oh, and now he's enslaving children into the war effort by decree? As a mother, there is nothing that disgusts me more than some self-glorifying dumbass abusing children for his visions of victory.

The Horde needs a leader who is willing to step up and fight for EVERYONE (not just the orcs), NOT a child-abusing murderer of dissenting voices who frequently just attacks without thinking out of bloodlust and a total lack of strategy.

I used to love the Horde. I might return to it when Garrosh is gone. As long as he's leading? Glory to the motherfucking Alliance.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this has come up yet...but the front page on domination point intro....I get that he still treats voljin like shit but..c'mon dude did have a point on why they are on pandaria...till the fear in the panda heart thing...
    I mean it yes his attitude is still shitty, not really the first person like that. But so far at the end of the day it still kinda seems garrosh is putting the horde first...granted he still is having the issue of it being HIS. Horde .....pretty sure that is what will actually fuck him over at one point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    Hitler ruled with the same mindset. "Destroy every enemy you see and only care about my goals." Do you like him as well?
    Hitler cared about his people. Maybe you don't like to admit it, but he did. Also, aside from this discussion I do think that Hitler would've made for a better world than the current US empire. But good for you for making the connection to Hitler, bravo!