Poll: Is Garrosh a suitable Leader?

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    so Garrosh is the virus part of the vaccine then.
    Yes. Just like that.

Deleted
    Guys you consider him what you want.
    I for one would want something like this, in order to get inside the ORG Raid you must pass through a RBG or BG, in the very city city of Orgrimmar against the elites of Garrosh.
    Players can choose sides, you rebels can go ahead and betray the Horde and ally yourself with Alliance against us the true Horde players. If you win you can go ahead and enter the ORG Raid.
    If Garrosh followers, the elite of Horde, the true Horde players win, we should have a raid where we crush both Varian and the leader of the rebels (probabaly Vol'jin) also in ORG (so blizzard wont work too much).

And after the end of an expansion i would like to see a statistic about these BGs. Im sure the Garrosh side would dominate.
    Because guys like Trassk can strugle how much they want they wont beat anything.
    Go roll alliance Trassk!

And if you ask me, if the story would go after that statistic, i dont know if youd want a Garrosh raid anymore Trassk because your hero Vol'jin would die... along with Varian.
    Last edited by mmoc68976ba3b0; 2012-11-13 at 08:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keksplace View Post
    I for one would want something like this, in order to get inside the ORG Raid you must pass through a RBG or BG, in the very city city of Orgrimmar against the elites of Garrosh.
    Players can choose sides, you rebels can go ahead and betray the Horde and ally yourself with Alliance against us the true Horde players. If you win you can go ahead and enter the ORG Raid.
    If Garrosh followers, the elite of Horde, the true Horde players win, we should have a raid where we crush both Varian and the leader of the rebels (probabaly Vol'jin) also in ORG (so blizzard wont work too much).

And after the end of an expansion i would like to see a statistic about these BGs. Im sure the Garrosh side would dominate.
    Because guys like Trassk can strugle how much they want they wont beat anything.
    Go roll alliance Trassk!

And if you ask me, if the story would go after that statistic, i dont know if youd want a Garrosh raid anymore Trassk because your hero Vol'jin would die... along with Varian.
    Way too complicated in my opinion.

Actually I really wanted Blizzard to do that so all those fanatic fans like keksplace can finally stop whining all the time about how awesome Garrosh is. I mean what better proof do you want. Make it like this and let's see how many will want to kill him and how many will want to protect him.

Technically only 5% will be those that will defend him but just let them dream a little more before they return to reality.

10+ Year Old Account

Go roll alliance Trassk!

oh my word you are delusional...

You have such a one sided view on what the horde is, that you fail to even see how its currently falling apart under a corrupt leader.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    He is a total badass, still is

Too bad Blizzard had to make him into a villian =(
    Recognize that Blizzard writes all of this stuff, so if he's a badass it's because Blizzard made him that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    heres gheghis khans legacy and im sure he wouldnt give a shit about what western civilisation has to say about him as long as he is remembered fondly by his people
    Pfffff... Right now Turkmenistan is full of its leader's statues, including SEVERAL golden ones. And according to their press-agencies entire population worships him. North Korea is pretty much the same. That must mean they are set up for glorious future and their leader is perfect, right? So Horde is okay going the same way, right?

General population most fondly remember leaders that makes radical decisions themselves, freeing said population from burden of having to actually think with their own heads. No matter if those decisions were good or bad.

Hey! I've just scrolled a few posts down and here's a perfect example of what I just said! See, even Hitler is admired by some.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Hitler cared about his people. Maybe you don't like to admit it, but he did. Also, aside from this discussion I do think that Hitler would've made for a better world than the current US empire.
    ---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 07:45 PM ----------

Guys i can see the Horde is broken in two, and im tired of all these peace hippies that think we desrve to stand in a desert because we agressed the alliance first.
    Go settle in Un'Goro or near Taurens in Mulgore? Is there an Alliance army personally chaining every Orgrimmar citizen to it or what? Or is it "We hate place that Thrall selected. Terraform it for us or die?"
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2012-11-13 at 04:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    He is a total badass, still is

Too bad Blizzard had to make him into a villian =(
    100% sign. Garrosh Hellscream fan to the end. And beyond.

Deleted
    I didn't vote because all of the options are black and white, it's exactly what Garrosh isn't I like him as a character, he's a shit leader in the grand sheme of things but despite Blizzard's serial raping on the poor guys story they've settled on "this guys is a twat, but one who controls considerable power and doesn't care about the consequences" it suits him. He's proven The Horde have got some balls and a bit of their Doomhammer Horde teeth back. But he does need to be replaced, he'll run the fucking thing into the ground with his bloodlust and he's pissing off some powerful people within his own ranks.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh my word you are delusional...

You have such a one sided view on what the horde is, that you fail to even see how its currently falling apart under a corrupt leader.
    I for one love the Garrosh loyalist point of view, wouldn't it be awesome to go in a raid knowing you loose and adding an extra dimension to a raid like that would be sweet. But it just wont happen for a thousand reasons... still I like it.

I like having an aggressive leader willing to expand the Horde, rather than someone that just pussyfoots around trying not to piss anyone off

There's basically two Garroshes. There's the one before MoP, and there's the MoP one. I liked pre-MoP Garrosh well enough. He was an orc's orc. He was going places. Somewhere between Cata and MoP though, he got struck in the head by a falling bowling ball and became Bad Garrosh. It's pretty darn difficult to like Bad Garrosh, and I'm not up to the task.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked him at first, then he turned in to a hypocrite/tyrant/psychopath. I preferred thrall's horde, a kind of society where outcast races could find unity and strength, rather than act as a conquering war machine.

garrosh was cool but then blizz decided to write him like an asshole

10+ Year Old Account
    please don't necro threads created with the sole purpose of creating arguments. If it was not the case, the options and opinions of the op would be more spread out.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 09:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by peachtree View Post
    Garrosh has always been that way dear boy. your just now realizing it.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by peachtree View Post
    When was he cool exactly?

This is one thing I don't understand with Garrosh fans. What, please tell me EXACTLY what makes him cool or enjoyable as a character to ANY degree? He turned from a whiny bitch in BC when they first introduced him, to a warmongering moron who has no sense in character development what so ever.

Okay, maybe they are trying to emulate Grom with his character, he was hardly a smart warrior when it came to knowing when and when not to attack. BUT OH WAIT! When they FIRST showed him in WoW, all he did was lament about how much of a monster his father was... Only untill Thrall shows him how he saved everyone did he feel okay to call himself Grom's son. Guess what! Complete one eighty turn with character in Wrath when he is given power to invade Northren, despite the fact he did nothing to earn this power. He is basically a self-entitled ass who has coasted off of the fame his father gained with his two seconds of greatness when he ended the blood curse the orcs were under.

And don't say, "OH, but he shows us how the horde should act!" That is so bullshit that I can't even describe it. There are atleast five different hordes in Warcraft lore already. Both counting Warcraft games and what has been brought in WoW. THE Horde, the player faction that we play as, isn't a group of warmongering monsters. It's a group of races who were brought together under Thrall to look after one another and sustain their way of life. For God's sakes, Thrall switched continents just to realize this idea.

Yes, I hate Garrosh with a passion. Yes, I'm probably biased with my hatred of him in my opinion of his character. But, so far from what I've seen, there is nothing worthwhile about this guy. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine if Blizz wants to add Alliance/Horde conflict as part of WoW's current story, but this is just the wrong way to do it.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzzard built up this character from the start with the "bad guy" approach throughout the years. It was not until Cataclysm that the hate he got escalated quickly as people wanted Thrall back and the Horde was treated as the bad guys.

Can't wait to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I agree completely, but apparently a lot of people want both factions to be exactly the same, and be led by pacifists. Why even play a war themed game if you want it to be at peace?

Just because its a war themed game doesn't mean the leaders need to lead in a frenzied, roid-induced hulkrage.

It is just as simple to be lead by a cool-headed strategist who plans battle over "WAAAGH! KILL STUFFS! 'ERE WE GO! 'ERE WE GO!"
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

I rather enjoyed Garrosh during pre-cata, when he leader in Northrend. I did enjoy his thirst for domination and always looking to conquer for the Horde, but he went to far by killing Cairn (even if he didnt know his weapon was poisoned). When that happened I was like no... just no... and I think he has to go I want Voljin to lead, If Cairn was still alive I would say him, but now Voljin is the only eligible leader to rule the horde, seeing as the trolls have been behind the orcs and the Horde since... since like forever (figure of speech).

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalityDreadmaul View Post
    I rather enjoyed Garrosh during pre-cata, when he leader in Northrend. I did enjoy his thirst for domination and always looking to conquer for the Horde, but he went to far by killing Cairn (even if he didnt know his weapon was poisoned). When that happened I was like no... just no... and I think he has to go I want Voljin to lead, If Cairn was still alive I would say him, but now Voljin is the only eligible leader to rule the horde, seeing as the trolls have been behind the orcs and the Horde since... since like forever (figure of speech).

Not only was he unaware his weapon had been poisoned, Carine was also the one who challenged Garrosh to a duel in the first place.

I was sad to see Carine ended, but personally hold no grudge against Garrosh for his death.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

Deleted
    Garrosh is fighting for his "vital land", by purging the "inferior races" and using paramilitary forces to silence the opposition and superweapons to destroy the enemy.

Not that I'm trying to compare to anything, but it's pretty obvious what is the story being told here.