Poll: Is Garrosh a suitable Leader?

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    When was he cool exactly?

This is one thing I don't understand with Garrosh fans. What, please tell me EXACTLY what makes him cool or enjoyable as a character to ANY degree? He turned from a whiny bitch in BC when they first introduced him, to a warmongering moron who has no sense in character development what so ever.
    Well someone of the things he has done I like.

Like being agressive toward the Alliance, the re-modeling of Org and other Horde fortresses, and that he just looks like a total badass

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hodenkrieg View Post
    It is just as simple to be lead by a cool-headed strategist who plans battle over "WAAAGH! KILL STUFFS! 'ERE WE GO! 'ERE WE GO!"
    Garrosh does have a head for strategy, though he does lean more toward brute strength and "shock and awe" kinda stuff
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2012-12-05 at 10:52 PM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

If the leader of a two faction war that has been going on forever isn't trying every way possible to end it in his favor, he isn't doing a very good job.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brouhaha View Post
    If the leader of a two faction war that has been going on forever isn't trying every way possible to end it in his favor, he isn't doing a very good job.
    well thats the thing with weapons and what not

The more powerful they are, the more dangerous they probably are, even to your own side
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2012-12-05 at 10:59 PM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

When was he cool exactly?

This is one thing I don't understand with Garrosh fans. What, please tell me EXACTLY what makes him cool or enjoyable as a character to ANY degree?
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...WarriorRaceGuy

i didnt mind how garry lead things back in Cata. it showed him being a bit of a dick but not a totally unreasonable leader. but now that Blizz wants to get rid of him they of course turned the dick meter to 11. and while i don't want a pacifist (why i don't want thrall back) as a leader we don't need an orc adolph shitler.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2012-12-05 at 11:31 PM.

This would only hold weight if Garrosh was an actual warrior. His character to be a super strong/savage beast of a warrior is atrocious, trying to make him look like he's one of the strongest orcs ever. Hell, by most accounts, he should be one of the weakest.

Fine, you could say he will have some natural ability for being Grom's son, but that would only go so far. Most of his life was spent in Nagrand, a place that doesn't really look all that threatening. And from what they've shown of him, he barely ever did anything because like I said, he cried about how horrible his father was. Now that he's on Azeroth, what has he done in terms of actual combat to bring him up to par with other leaders? Besides the forced "fights" he has with Carine, Varian, and Thrall.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    i didnt mind how garry lead things back in Cata. it showed him being a bit of a dick but not a totally unreasonable leader. but now that Blizz wants to get rid of him they of course turned the dick meter to 11. and while i don't want a pacifist (why i don't want thrall back) as a leader we don't need an orc adolph shitler.
    pretty much a mirror of my thoughts

I loved Garrosh in Cata, and now, well I cant really hate his more like just be dissapointed

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 11:55 PM ----------

This would only hold weight if Garrosh was an actual warrior. His character to be a super strong/savage beast of a warrior is atrocious, trying to make him look like he's one of the strongest orcs ever. .
    and yet all through the SHattering people kept referring to him as a fine warrior
    Even Cairne, one of his more vocal and direct of critics, gave him that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brouhaha View Post
    When "everything possible" includes f-ing over more than 50% of the people you're supposed to be fighting for, he's doing a pretty terrible job. There's a difference between burning land that you're ceding to the enemy and setting fire to your whole country so no one can have it.

Garrosh was a pretty lame character when he was introduced, he wasn't received well, now blizzard have turned him into a villain with even more hammy writing and just "how can he be this stupid" level dialogue and choices.

I can sympathise with the people who feel blizzard have done him a disservice by writing him out so poorly - they totally have, it's impossible NOT to dislike Garrosh while simultaneously facepalming at how far off the deep end he's gone - his "now Garrosh is a bad guy, you're not supposed to like him" atmosphere is way too heavy handed, it could have been done a lot more subtly and been a slow decline, but it seems like they've just flipped a switch and his personality has went from "mildly racist, alliance hating, hot headed orc that makes some rash choices", to "complete bumbling idiot hellbent on making everyone hate him and seemingly so socially inept that he doesn't realise it or care".

I didn't think he was wrote into the story particularly well - I certainly don't want him as the warchief, I'd rather have Thrall as the leader of the horde - not because I particularly like his antics in cataclysm (oh god make Aggra go away), but because he IS the leader of the horde to me, was in W3, was when I started playing WoW, still should be in my book. As a result, I'm frankly just happy he's going, hopefully he'll piss Thrall off enough to get a decent reaction instead of how super passive he is.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2012-12-06 at 12:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the topic of Garrosh and his first introduction.

Maybe, people would have a different opinion of him if TBC had the storytelling mechanics of what we have today in MOP. Having more engaging quests with VO makes a world of difference than just text.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    On the topic of Garrosh and his first introduction.

Maybe, people would have a different opinion of him if TBC had the storytelling mechanics of what we have today in MOP. Having more engaging quests with VO makes a world of difference than just text.
    naw, all that would have done is show an ingame cinematic of Garrosh crying into a fire weeping about his daddy.
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    it could have been done a lot more subtly and been a slow decline, but it seems like they've just flipped a switch and his personality has went from "mildly racist, alliance hating, hot headed orc that makes some rash choices", to "complete bumbling idiot hellbent on making everyone hate him and seemingly so socially inept that he doesn't realise it or care".
    That could be explained by how Blizz didnt expect to bring bout his fall in this x-pac but the next
    So that could mybe explain the bit of a jump he went from beginnijg to end of Cata

Deleted
    Look forward to the day the Horde will have a Blood Elf warchief, it's time to make Orgrimmar a city instead of a stinking pigsty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    naw, all that would have done is show an ingame cinematic of Garrosh crying into a fire weeping about his daddy.
    It would be a good laugh, if anything

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    pretty much a mirror of my thoughts

I loved Garrosh in Cata, and now, well I cant really hate his more like just be dissapointed

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 11:55 PM ----------

and yet all through the SHattering people kept referring to him as a fine warrior
    Even Cairne, one of his more vocal and direct of critics, gave him that
    Perhaps, but my point still stands. Where is it that actually shows he is this "fine warrior"? You can't just take a character out of the proverbial gutter and make him into a super powerful badass without any reason. Many of the actual known fighters have done great things in their time. Like when the horde and alliance fought against the Legion.

What they should have done was actuall delve into his character a bit. Rather than the mess they had when he was out in Burning Crusade. Where Thrall and him meet for about half a second, he never shows up again untill the Scourge Invasion where suddenly his word carries weight within the horde.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Virgo- View Post
    Look forward to the day the Horde will have a Blood Elf warchief, it's time to make Orgrimmar a city instead of a stinking pigsty.
    Silvermoon does have a great magestic-ness to it...but I definatly prfer the more rustic feel of the Orcs

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 12:26 AM ----------

What they should have done was actuall delve into his character a bit. Rather than the mess they had when he was out in Burning Crusade. Where Thrall and him meet for about half a second, he never shows up again untill the Scourge Invasion where suddenly his word carries weight within the horde.
    Well the short story kinda delves into what happnes between Wrath and BC

But yeah, back then Blizz didnt let players interact with lore figures as much as they let us now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Silvermoon does have a great magestic-ness to it...but I definatly prfer the more rustic feel of the Orcs
    Although the new design of Orc architecture is much stronger than the WC3 - TBC stuff the whole city looks like a giant torture chamber, why does a bank need so much darkness and black, it's more of a fort now than a home.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Although the new design of Orc architecture is much stronger than the WC3 - TBC stuff the whole city looks like a giant torture chamber, why does a bank need so much darkness and black, it's more of a fort now than a home.
    better safe than sorry?

I mean I love the new Orc buildings, but I also like the old ones. And I like how Blizz used the new for fortresses and military posts, while keeping the old for more civilian towns and settlements.
    Org is kinda like in between those 2

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess so, the Drag is pretty much the same as pre shattering. I also like the massive contrast between each district like wisdom to strength and who lives there.

It's something I miss in SW, I would of loved that worgen district that the concept art was shown at blizzcon

10+ Year Old Account
    You know whats funny about reading threads like these. Its how people have such a deluded view on the character Garrosh. Those who convinced themselves with nothing to back it at the time what Garrosh was, thinking he was a great, well thought on character and they understood him completely, that because of a few short lipped buzz words and insults they thought there was depth to him.

And yet now that the story is showing exactly the kind of character he is on a grand scale, his fans suddenly think 'this can't be write, there making shit out, Garrosh would never do this!'. Its like seeing republicans who thought george bush was a great leader, and unable to face the reality of what he did to there countries reputation.

I image Garrosh stood on a box, yelling his hatred and bile to the crowd of his adoring fanboys, and them cheering, ignoring everything around them burning and breaking apart.

People saw the kind of character he was even back in TBC, and hsi became so dam clear once he got to the pre wrath event. Even from that point I knew he'd be a giant asshat, how the hell can you justify a character who spent all his time crying like a little bitch into a fire, coming out of nowhere and suddenly thinking he knew how to lead the horde better then anyone else.

He didn't just have a bad attitude, he didn't just show some disrepect to the other leaders and older, wiser members of the horde. He pissed on everything the horde was, and now every other leader of the faction hates him. And you know the funny thing is, this is just the natural progression of a character like Garrosh, and all you people who thought he was some well inspired character can't seem to deal with that.
    #boycottchina

Everything is much more interesting with Garrosh as leader, keep him I say.

FOR THE HORDE!