Resto Shaman or Priest

Ok, im re rolling for a ten man guild,

I'm rolliong a healer, Question is though, i have both shaman and Priest currently at 85, what would be best for our current situation for content in mop

As are raid set up is as followed:

Tanks

Druid
    Warrior

Melee:
    DK frost

Range:
    Warlock
    Boomkin
    Ele Shaman
    Hunter

Healer:
    Pally
    Druid
    (ME)shaman or priest

Hope you guys can help me

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of those two my opinion is priest. Once geared shit starts to roll. we use priest, druid, pally now and have since the start of cata and have never had a healer problem.

Playing since '04

Deleted
    Pick the class you prefer to play is all i can say.

I myself play resto shaman and i love it. You have so many tools as a resto shaman.
    Lots of totems for utility = raid hand of freedom, aoe root, aoe stun, mana tide, stormlash totem
    And also alot of cd's since mop = Healing Tide Totem, Ascendance, Spirit Link Totem, even Fire/Earth elemental totem (10 % more healing for 1 min) if you spec into primal elementalist.
    I don't know much about priest, so i will let someone else tell all the good things about priest healers
    From a gearing POV i would say go priest though, since you will be the only cloth spirit user instead of 2 x spirit mail users

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    rolling shaman will give your raid a hero. thats gotta be worth something on its own. also, imo, shaman is MUCH more fun to heal with than priest. although disc can be extremely powerful onsome fights

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    rolling shaman will give your raid a hero. thats gotta be worth something on its own. also, imo, shaman is MUCH more fun to heal with than priest. although disc can be extremely powerful onsome fights
    The hunter can bring hero if its that necessary

Playing since '04

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh yes. i always forget about what a wide range of things hunters can actually do. in anycase, it would allow your hunter to respec to SV or MM if he wanted
    (i beleive only BM brings the hero? could be wrong again though)

Quote Originally Posted by Astrobandaid View Post
    The hunter can bring hero if its that necessary
    They also have an Ele Shammy that can hero.

I would suggest priest. Right now you are disenchanting the spirit cloth gear and a priest would help token balance. Also so far I have seen priests outperforming resto shaman in raids I have been in.

Play what you enjoy. If you enjoy both equally then choose Priest, because you get two healing trees. Holy might be better one fight, and Disc might be better for another.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-11-09 at 10:50 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxsta View Post
    They also have an Ele Shammy that can hero.
    'thats a nice way of saying 'well viggers clearly isnt paying attention to anything!' so thanks for that

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say whichever class has a DPS offspec you enjoy playing. It will be necessary on some heroic fights to drop down to two healers and it will help a lot if you have an offspec that you're good at and don't mind utilizing.

Priest. You will be bringing raid-wide cds that you would otherwise not have. Spirit Shell is also really overpowered for 10m.

at your level (no offence) you will not notice any real differences between the 2. they both work just fine. play whichever you like the play style of more.