Thread: Brink

Brink

I'm sure it's been said multiple times before me, but why didn't splash damage release the developer tools so that the community could still keep their game alive? I've wondered this from day one, and I haven't been able to find an answer. They just dropped their game like a sack of shit and ran. Why not let the people who enjoyed it revive it. Not that it would probably happen, but I would love to see Brink breath again due to a mod such as what DayZ did to Arma 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it was BethSoft's throwaway clone of TeamFortress 2 aimed almost wholly at console gamers (PC was just an afterthought for extra revenue) and once it sold its copies, there was no need to continue supporting it.

Just play TF2.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I just don't understand why they wouldn't just release them. It would net them more money. I suppose I just don't understand why 90% of PC games don't get developer tools, it would do wonders for dead or dying games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadlobster View Post
    I just don't understand why they wouldn't just release them. It would net them more money. I suppose I just don't understand why 90% of PC games don't get developer tools, it would do wonders for dead or dying games.
    Because 90% of PC games made by big-name developers are ports. They're designed and built for consoles first and ported to PCs later. In many cases the PC game is only released because, hey, more money.

Hell, the only reason Skyrim, Oblivion, etc even came with modding tools is because BethSoft figured out they could release a game with very little content and PC gamers with nothing better to do would do all the work for them.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow