Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Org Should Be Like Berlin

The Horde and the Alliance will defeat Garrosh at the end of this Xpack.

Its a group of Horde rebels actually. This is kinda moot though.

Story issue I forsee:
    It would be almost a complete joke story wise if, Garrosh is defeated and the Alliance hands the horde over to "blank" and leaves. That does not make sense, that is illogical and that is poor story telling.

The Alliance who had just suffered 2 of its kingdoms decimated, several of its territories destroyed, countless killed.... will blindly allow the rebels of the horde to simply take over no questions asked? Especially if Thrall the one who put Garrosh in charge in the first place is the one returned? I find it easier to believe in an occupational story line rather than..... ok bye

Idea: Org should be split into 2 zones. An alliance "friendly zone" (alliance players will still be attacked if they go to this side by guards, even alliance guards) and the other half should be the horde rebel controlled zone. The alliance Military Npcs will be flagged as Unfriendly to everyone. Org should be separated down the middle with a gate. You will still be able to travel through both sides of the city, but on the "alliance side" npcs will point weapons in your direction (they will not shoot for obvious reasons).... and all u wanted to do was use the bank.

Due to game mechanics alliance players will be killed by all guards, lore reason. Its a delicate situation now. Alliance adventurers who risk the delicate "peace" will be taken out.

Also this would not be a permanent scenario. over time it would eventually become 100% horde again when a true mutual trust can be obtained.

An idea for how this ends, Sylvanas and Lor'themar will likly not have had a bulk of their troops in org under Garrosh's control. Saurfang also has a force in northrend still. They could come back and forcibly remove the alliance presence leading to a continuing lore tension that can continue pvp plot points within the next expansion

New quests, story lines, and characters can emerge from this. This can easily phase out later in the xpack

Discuss
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-11-09 at 07:25 AM.

I'd rage hard. Orgrimmar is for the Horde, and no matter how Garrosh's plan goes down, any Horde that endured that surely would not endure losing half of the legacy of Orgrim to the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    I'd rage hard. Orgrimmar is for the Horde, and no matter how Garrosh's plan goes down, any Horde that endured that surely would not endure losing half of the legacy of Orgrim to the Alliance.
    Well now u run into the issue of illlogical story telling

Have you thought of every possibility for the storyline post Garrosh's demise? I doubt that. I'm sure Voljin and Baine will be present, and I don't care how they do it, but there is plenty of room to tell a story that leads to the Horde maintaining full control of their main capitol city hub.

Logistics aside there is simply no chance the Horde could lose Orgrimmar.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would not be happy to have half of the most badass city on Azeroth to be under enemy occupation

And it seems like it would bring balance issues

Plus, I dont see Blizz making another huge ass revamp of the city when they did so not too long ago
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    not really

its mostly just for appearance game play wise its not an alliance zone alliance players will still be attacked their by even their own guards. (too much of a delicate situation to let the common alliance adventurer come in)

I stand by Garrosh, the blood of Hellscream will live on!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Plus, I dont see Blizz making another huge ass revamp of the city when they did so not too long ago
    Wouldn't have to revamp it when it could be phased. Phasing to a divided city, a revamped city, or a smouldering ruin, it can all exist in the same spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only major changes would be the gate down the middle and the guards skins for the most part

just imagine walking through that gate or flying over.... to be welcomed by armed guards who are meant to follow you for a short time.... and all u want to do is go to the bank.... proof that shit had went down

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by panterarules View Post
    I stand by Garrosh, the blood of Hellscream will live on!
    ummm....I think your in the wrong thread
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Whoever the new leader of the Horde would be would not allow Alliance to live in the city, be they immune NPC guards or whatever nonsense you're spouting. Maybe I'm missing the entire point here. You want a Horde base, split in half, with one side Horde and the other side Alliance. But even on the Alliance side alliance players will be flagged and killed by their own guards?

You talk of 'illogical storytelling' and your answer to keeping alliance out of Orgrimmar is 'Alliance guards kill them too is too delicate of a situation to let common adventurers in'...you sir boggle the mind.

Worst idea ever 10/10

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    just imagine walking through that gate or flying over.... to be welcomed by armed guards who are meant to follow you for a short time.... and all u want to do is go to the bank.... proof that shit had went down
    I would see a lot of players, including myself, be very agitated at having Alliance troops, enemy troops, in our capitol city

10+ Year Old Account
    I would see a lot of players, including myself, be very agitated at having Alliance troops, enemy troops, in our capitol city

GOOD! that is proof of good story telling

just imagine the plot points this could raise.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 06:38 AM ----------

Whoever the new leader of the Horde would be would not allow Alliance to live in the city, be they immune NPC guards or whatever nonsense you're spouting. Maybe I'm missing the entire point here. You want a Horde base, split in half, with one side Horde and the other side Alliance. But even on the Alliance side alliance players will be flagged and killed by their own guards?

You talk of 'illogical storytelling' and your answer to keeping alliance out of Orgrimmar is 'Alliance guards kill them too is too delicate of a situation to let common adventurers in'...you sir boggle the mind.

Worst idea ever 10/10
    i think u are missing the entire point. the horde base will be split in hald. i just explained that u can travel between both sides. one side however will have guns pointed at u

for game mechanics alliance players will still have to be killed by guards.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well now u run into the issue of illlogical story telling
    you nor i have any idea how the demise of garrosh is going to come about. he might be killed, might be redeemed, might escape and come back at a later date. who knows, but i would be very surprised, and saddened, if they split org into 2 and essentially gave half of it to the alliance.

i dont think this will happen. i predict we'll see an instance similar to how ICC was where each faction has their own represenative to help them throughout orgimmar. i wouldnt be surprised to see a gunship battle, faction champs type encounter but ultimately i think its going to boil down to each factions main represenative dealing the final blow.

for alliance id wager itll be jaina, maybe varian and for the horde i think it will be vol'jin, maybe baine or thrall. afterwards the horde will focus on restoring what honor the horde had when thrall founded it. for the alliance i think they will have a renewed faith and varians hot-headedness will subside and he will take whatever forces he came with and leave with, whoever becomes the new warchief, the word of the horde leaders that leaders like garrosh will not come to power ever again
    Last edited by dokilar; 2012-11-09 at 06:41 AM.

GOOD! that is proof of good story telling

just imagine the plot points this could raise.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 06:38 AM ----------

i think u are missing the entire point. the horde base will be split in hald. i just explained that u can travel between both sides. one side however will have guns pointed at u

for game mechanics alliance players will still have to be killed by guards.
    Alliance players killed by Alliance guards occupying a portion of a Horde city they rightfully have no business being in? Right? How far off base am I here?

Good luck writing the speech Wrynn has to deliver to justify this one. "My greatest guardsmen will occupy this portion of Orgrimmar to keep an eye on the development of the new leader of the Horde. You stay on your side, Orcs, and we'll stay on ours. And as you YOU, members of this Alliance. Step foot in this city and my guard will strike you down as well, regardless of the colors you bear. This may be war, but by golly I promised Vol'jin I wouldn't let my friends in the back door, and I wont!"

10+ Year Old Account
    some of you seem to neglect reading. its not handed to the alliance. alliance players will not be able to freely go to org. its just a cosmetic change in all honesty with some flare.

story wise its an alliance half... game play wise it will not be.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As to Alliance occupation, It could work, but it would have to be for only a short time, any longer there would be massize QQ and blacklash on the scale we have yet to see

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance players killed by Alliance guards occupying a portion of a Horde city they rightfully have no business being in? Right? How far off base am I here?

Good luck writing the speech Wrynn has to deliver to justify this one. "My greatest guardsmen will occupy this portion of Orgrimmar to keep an eye on the development of the new leader of the Horde. You stay on your side, Orcs, and we'll stay on ours. And as you YOU, members of this Alliance. Step foot in this city and my guard will strike you down as well, regardless of the colors you bear. This may be war, but by golly I promised Vol'jin I wouldn't let my friends in the back door, and I wont!"

crazy alliance adventurers who go on killing sprees will be handled accordingly. since their is no game mechanic for military tribunal this is what has to be done.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 06:44 AM ----------

As to Alliance occupation, It could work, but it would have to be for only a short time, any longer there would be massize QQ and blacklash on the scale we have yet to see
    it would def phase out over time. i dont intend for this to be permanent

some of you seem to neglect reading. its not handed to the alliance. alliance players will not be able to freely go to org. its just a cosmetic change in all honesty with some flare.

story wise its an alliance half... game play wise it will not be.
    I'm not hard of understanding. Let me spell it out for you. You are being a hypocrite, sacrificing story for gameplay mechanics in your version of post Garrosh Orgrimmar. But the original post basically says "Org will be like Berlin because herp derp its the only way the story makes sense."

Sense...you make none

Anybody who thinks that the horde will lose orgrimmar is delusional. There is no way blizz would make the biggest horde city a warzone. Think of all the noobies that would get wtfpwned on their first visit to a major city.

It might not be good story telling, but the horde will have orgrimmar to themselves in 6.0

Also: you say that the alliance wouldn't just let the horde take back the city, so why would they let them take back half a city? lol
    Last edited by blaqkmagick; 2012-11-09 at 06:48 AM.