Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #161
    Dreadlord WillFeral's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Bend
    Posts
    977
    I heard Garrosh is going to be the new Lich King.
    Here come the Irish.

  2. #162
    Horde is not like germany here. If we're equating horde alliance to WWII it's more like the REAL horde is Russia. That's the closest example. Russia sided with the Allies because they had to. Horde is siding with the Alliance to take out Garrosh because they have to. We didn't go to Russia after WWII and get to dictate how things were run there. Nope we went into the whole cya and went to semi fighting them just like the horde and alliance will.

    You have no clue how this is playing out since the actual patch for this is potentially 3 patches away since they are doing raid, non raid, raid, non raid and if they make 5.2 Siege of Org already then you can just hang me out to dry but it won't happen. A lot will happen in 3 patches. It is not just a rag tag group of horde. I'm sure Garrosh is going to piss each horde leader off even more. He tries to kill VJ who already hated him. He pretty much slaps Sylvannas around and it's obvious she detests him. All that's left is to piss off Baine and LT(haven't seen Gallywix in forever unless I'm missing something). Also haven't seen Saurfang who is supposed to be guarding NR yet he flat out said he'd kill Garrosh if he was ever corrupted and PLENTY of horde are loyal to him.

    So no, the entire horde except for Garrosh's jump out boys will be fighting Garrosh not just a rebel group.

  3. #163
    Herald of the Titans SL1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    2,834
    Alliance players with delusions of grandeur, there is no way that the alliance will be in control of org at the end of this expansion. Keep telling yourself its going to happen if you want, but you'll be seriously disappointed when it does not.

  4. #164
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    I will always live in Gilneas
    Posts
    16,184
    Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    I heard Garrosh is going to be the new Lich King.
    seems legit

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    Alliance players with delusions of grandeur, there is no way that the alliance will be in control of org at the end of this expansion. Keep telling yourself its going to happen if you want, but you'll be seriously disappointed when it does not.
    nobody said it would?can you even make a difference between a suggestion and a prediction?

    I can't get why the logic is so hard to get for people on this thread.
    The alliance and the horde are at war.WAR
    WARWARWARWARWARWARWARWARWARWARWAR
    Why in gods name would the Alliance just give the horde their capital back when
    a) the horde is greatly weakened by the civil war
    b) the social political structure is destroyed (there might be a new leader but that doesn't mean there is an instant recovery and replacement of all corrupted or destroyed political structures)
    c) it doesn't make ANY fucking sense for the Alliance to just leave its not like for example the horde are trying to take over ashenvale,lets not pretend like the horde wasn't threatening before garrosh.

    Unless the alliance and the horde make peace (which I doubt) if the alliance just leaves the city the lore goes retard mode.

  6. #166
    I like your idea, OP.
    Horde fanboys obviously don't, but it makes sense anyway.

  7. #167
    Ahh, yes; the lore community.


    Where one side losing a big city, several bases, a town, part of an entire zone and having a quarter of its capital city burning for longer than an expansion is justice and things they should learn to "deal with it".


    Where the other side feel justified in winning everything under the motto "War is not fair, get over it." and where a bunch of flavor NPC guards of human, elven, gnomish, dwarven or draenei nature would "make them mad" because it is "unfair".


    Ahh, yes; that lore community.


    Never forget shoddy little tauren camp #483!

    Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

  8. #168
    Brewmaster Jigowatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,406
    The simple answer?

    Destroy Orgrimmar.

  9. #169
    Honestly... I love the idea. I think it would be a daring and interesting move in the name of telling a good story.

    BUT... it shouldn't last long. Perhaps from the last tier of MoP to 6.0 at the MOST. It's dramatic and interesting, but not a good thing for gameplay reasons to have stick around for a long time.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  10. #170
    Long story short: You're saying that Moscow should be like Berlin.
    Yeah... right....

    Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Honestly... I love the idea. I think it would be a daring and interesting move in the name of telling a good story.

    BUT... it shouldn't last long. Perhaps from the last tier of MoP to 6.0 at the MOST. It's dramatic and interesting, but not a good thing for gameplay reasons to have stick around for a long time.
    No. It is a terrible idea. It doesn't make any sense at all from a story perspective. The reason why Berlin was able to be occupied was because the German war machine was broken prior to the war officially ending. There is literally no way that the Horde war machine, one which has been extremely powerful for the last few years, will be shattered by the events that lead up to killing/deposing Garrosh.

    If anything, this might be more like the Burning of Washington during the War of 1812 -- an event in which one nation burned the capital of its opponent to the ground, but couldn't actually achieve a long-term occupation due to a variety of reasons.

    I wouldn't have a problem with the shitty-looking current Orgrimmar being burned to the ground, but an occupation is just a ridiculous thought. If it were the real world the Alliance occupation force would be butchered within days. Attacking and taking a capital is not the same as actually crushing the military might of a whole nation/alliance. Further, especially if it turns out that the Sha have corrupted Garrosh, I find it incredibly likely that the invading force will be a neutral, Shado-Pan headed faction (much like the Ashen Verdict), which really wouldn't take kindly to any Alliance shenanigans.

  12. #172
    Warchief Zeror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,215
    I think Alliance are staying close if we Garrosh is defeated in the last raid of this expansion. But i don't think Orgrimmar will be split in half because of that. I think Blizzard will use Azshara as the side where Alliance will enter Orgrimmar. Durotar is a starterzone and shouldn't be harmed much is probably what Blizzard thinks. It saves work for Blizzard also. There aren't much other options for the Alliance to get in Orgrimmar. Look at this:



    The Alliance tried already a couple of ways to get to Orgrimmar.

    A: invading the Barrens and get to Orgrimmar didn't work.

    B: Get straight into Durotar at the frontdoor of Orgrimmar didn't work either.

    C: Assault Bilgewater Harbor and fear the big goblin cannon and get through Azshara into Orgrimmar is an option that haven't been tried yet. Also Goblin are a weak race which be easily defeated by Alliance.

    D: I forgot: Getting through Ashenvale to Orgrimmar didn't work either.

    Or the Alliance has somehow an insider at Orgrimmar who warp them into, but thats not logic. They are trying to smash orcs for years and haven;t been able to defeat them yet. So why havent they tried this earlier.
    Or the last raid isn't at Orgrimmar at all, but elsewhere in the world. Perhaps on Pandaria itself. Remember it's still war between Horde and Alliance. So how are Alliance getting to Orgrimmar if Orgrimmar was a raid dungeon? It would be strange if Alliance was suddenly at the Orgrimmar gate when they have tried many ways to get close and failed there.

    ---

    With this information i say. After the Garrosh raid, i think Alliance are staying close, but far enough to not be a danger for horde at all. Blizzard doesn't even have to change the gameworld for this.
    Last edited by Zeror; 2012-11-10 at 10:55 AM.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Horde is not like germany here. If we're equating horde alliance to WWII it's more like the REAL horde is Russia. That's the closest example. Russia sided with the Allies because they had to. Horde is siding with the Alliance to take out Garrosh because they have to. We didn't go to Russia after WWII and get to dictate how things were run there. Nope we went into the whole cya and went to semi fighting them just like the horde and alliance will.

    You have no clue how this is playing out since the actual patch for this is potentially 3 patches away since they are doing raid, non raid, raid, non raid and if they make 5.2 Siege of Org already then you can just hang me out to dry but it won't happen. A lot will happen in 3 patches. It is not just a rag tag group of horde. I'm sure Garrosh is going to piss each horde leader off even more. He tries to kill VJ who already hated him. He pretty much slaps Sylvannas around and it's obvious she detests him. All that's left is to piss off Baine and LT(haven't seen Gallywix in forever unless I'm missing something). Also haven't seen Saurfang who is supposed to be guarding NR yet he flat out said he'd kill Garrosh if he was ever corrupted and PLENTY of horde are loyal to him.

    So no, the entire horde except for Garrosh's jump out boys will be fighting Garrosh not just a rebel group.
    Horde rebels are like partisans against the dictatorship (see France, Italy etc. in WW2) surely not a whole nation like Russia.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post

    The Alliance tried already a couple of ways to get to Orgrimmar.

    A: invading the Barrens and get to Orgrimmar didn't work.
    That actually WAS working until the whole mana bomb thing. >_> The Alliance won the Northern Barrens, lore wise. On the way to Theramore, however, they wiped out the fortress.

  15. #175
    I think that after the Siege of Orgrimmar the Horde and Alliance will essentially be at peace again, and as Varian is going to help take back Orgrimmar I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some Alliance guys in Orgrimmar after MOP. Would probably need to be phased though so it only appeared at level 90 +

  16. #176
    I like your ideas, but I think the Alliance players should be able to go to "their" side of Orgrimmar. After all blizz has made the Alliance go through, it's only fair we get something this epic.

  17. #177
    Org is just the capital of the horde empire. When Germany fell, it was defeated as a nation, military included. When Garosh goes, the entire horde army (those who dont side with Garrosh) will be attacking Org. The alliance will also be attacking him. I highly doubt after Garosh has been dealt with, the horde would allow the Alliance to occupy Org. Remember, the horde military is turning against its own capitol, meaning the military forces of the horde as a whole are still quite capable of defending itself from occupation once Garosh has been removed.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask View Post
    I like your idea, OP.
    Horde fanboys obviously don't, but it makes sense anyway.
    If anyone wouldn´t like it then it would be the alliance fanbois.
    Think about it, an expansion about the evil alliance occupying Orgrimmar and the Horde Rebels fighting for their freedom... i don´t know if anything could be more Horde-centric than that.
    And it would be inevitable that the alliance loses in the end of such a storyline and we have seen how some alliance players react if their side loses somewhere...

    I think it would be a great idea but it is impossible to implement because of the players.

  19. #179
    The Lightbringer Sesto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,275
    I love this. Alliance think that Blizzard is biased, but want them to give the Alliance half of the Horde's capital city.

  20. #180
    Over 9000! apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    9,363
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    nobody said it would?can you even make a difference between a suggestion and a prediction?

    I can't get why the logic is so hard to get for people on this thread.
    The alliance and the horde are at war.WAR

    Why in gods name would the Alliance just give the horde their capital back when
    a) the horde is greatly weakened by the civil war
    b) the social political structure is destroyed (there might be a new leader but that doesn't mean there is an instant recovery and replacement of all corrupted or destroyed political structures)
    c) it doesn't make ANY fucking sense for the Alliance to just leave its not like for example the horde are trying to take over ashenvale,lets not pretend like the horde wasn't threatening before garrosh.

    Unless the alliance and the horde make peace (which I doubt) if the alliance just leaves the city the lore goes retard mode.
    Because first off, the Alliance will not be able to give it back. They will be in the same condition as he horde as in, completely messed up. We will have to join our forces together to beat Garrosh. Second, if you followed blizzard on how they want things set up for the next expansion, they are trying to have us try be more friends, not enemies. We have a coming threat about to come which is far more important then the petty horde-allaince fighting. This is why this is never going to happen and why it is a bad idea, we don't need more people to keep trying to kill each other, that is the moral of this expansion.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •