Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Agi DMC trinket ?

Must i need to get this for my Monk for dps increase (been following askmrrobot and saying BiS for Trinket is damn DMC) but atm i suck at making cash and yet only have 4k due to expensive raid food/flask's thank you dumb nagrand server have 600 Skinning/LW

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Drakeos/simple

It's nice and if you can afford it then it'd be worth the investment. That said, it's not mandatory, and you can get by with the VP trinket and the Elegon trinket.

You're not going to be wiping because you're not using the DMC trinket, in other words.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look bro, if you do not aim for world firsts or something similiar, lean back and enjoy the game. The trinket won't make gaming more fun.

Yeah but worried about my guild saying why dont you have agi trinket

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow99 View Post
    Is your guild pushing for world firsts? If no, then don't worry. If your guild desperatly wants you to have it, they're gonna buy it for you.

Deleted
    What progress do you have? Anything less than Heroic, means that the trinket is not THAT important. Besides, it is just a piece on your gear which will be replaced in a couple of months. Perfecting your rotation is much more important I believe.

If they prevent you raiding because you don't have the DMF agi trinket, then that's a terrible guild. Unless they're a realm/world first type guild, in which case it comes with the territory.

No single piece of gear can ever improve your DPS more than simply learning to play will. So if you're good at what you do, then you're fine.

I know your feeling bro, I had the exact same situation some weeks ago, my old guildies started saying that we were wiping because I wasn't geared enough, because I didn't "work enough" to get better gear. On my vision I used EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN golden coin, lost some rolls and I just got unlucky about the drops.
    And then I left the guild, because I couldn't stand knowing that I was doing my job properly, doing top 1-2 dps and see people kill the whole raid on trivial things such as arcane resonance or draw flames on heroic mode.
    After I left the guild I found a better guild that didn't complain at all and I felt comfortable to invest some money on my DMC because I knew that I wasn't just throwing my gold on the trash to carry some armory checkers.

Now they have many players with DMC (I guess) and 1/6h progression on MSV :33
    When someone says that women can not join a raid there's only one question left.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They raid without healers?

DMC trinket is extremely powerful for most classes. I got it first fair of this expansion for 40k ( made 50k from 2 LW chests same week so whatever) and i know i will use it until next expansion comes out. The trinket + valor point upgrade will just make it more powerful in the future so its a worthwhile investment.

All the people who claim you need to invest in your char ONLY if you are pushing realm firsts are just... amusing. It is your job as a raider to put effort in your char and slacking on getting a cheap BiS trinket is really unacceptable.

Also. My tip to you is to snipe the cards on saturday. They are extremely cheap on the last day of the fair and i saved 30k by buying cards instead of a Deck/trinket

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The trinket + valor point upgrade will just make it more powerful in the future so its a worthwhile investment.

So you are saying that DMC trinket will be upgradeable with VP ? havent heard anything like that so far man. Any source?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    All the people who claim you need to invest in your char ONLY if you are pushing realm firsts are just... amusing. It is your job as a raider to put effort in your char and slacking on getting a cheap BiS trinket is really unacceptable.
    In theory, sure. Makes sense. In practice, unless you're going for realm/world firsts, at no point in time will you ever think 'gee, that was so close, if only I had one extra piece of gear, we'd have made the enrage timer then'. Instead, there will be some other way you can improve first, e.g. stop standing in the fire, do your DPS rotation better, learn how to move more effectively, get more uptime on the boss, etc.

Look at Xicoia's example. That's pretty much exactly what I mean.

I got the trinket the other day and am working on getting the oxen trinket (for tanking Will + heroic bosses) and I have to say I feel pretty good about getting such a huge upgrade. If you have or are able to make the gold, then it's definitely a good investment, hell you can even ask your guildies (if they're worth anything) if they have any of the cards and if so, if they could give you a discount/loan till you can make the gold back.

If you aren't good with money, then I wouldn't worry about it honestly.
    Also known as Faulchu

Ya why even buy stuff with vp if you dont do world firsts. And hey...those gems and enchants...who needs that anyways! You will replace that gear in a few weeks so dont spend money!

The point is: If you like to progress your char and give the best for your raid then try to go for it. IF you have only 4k then there is a change you wont be able to.
    Its still a strong trinket.

But please stop with this "If you dont do heroic" bullshit. Just because a guild has a more casual approch doesnt mean noone wants to push his char to the limits.

edit: What i want to say is even when not raiding top pf the edge progression its a personal choice. 1% wipes are annoying not only for world firsts
    Last edited by Asmalya; 2012-11-09 at 11:16 AM.

The attitude that you will simply replace "X piece of gear " with Y during the raids is an aweful attitude to have and I would not want anyone on my raid team to adopt this whatsoever. By pushing for crafted gear and effort outside the raids themselves does not make you a non-casual raider in my opinion, a good example of this would be completing dailies or crafting a DMC for yourself which is the subject of this thread.

As for the trinket, it is a valuable piece of gear and will likely last a long time into raiding depending on your raids setup, gear drops, etc and so I would recommend it. However, you should remember that you are in a raiding guild with people who want to help you and are likely to have inscription or cards which you can use to build your deck so why not work together to make ends meet?

What I mean by this is by offering your services to guildies you can work together as a group to make trinkets, crafted gear and all the rest of it - you have mentioned that you are a skinner/LW so why not try offering to help your guildies get crafted epics (476 ilvl gear), leg enchants, crafted green/blue items for alts, etc in exchange for cards or even the deck itself. In my guild alone, we were able to gear, gem and enchant the entire raid team by doing this and it was fun outside of the raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Ya why even buy stuff with vp if you dont do world firsts. And hey...those gems and enchants...who needs that anyways! You will replace that gear in a few weeks so dont spend money!
    Yeah, I knew this argument would pop up eventually. Because y'know, a 20k - 40k trinket is totally the same as gems that cost 100g each, if that. Furthermore, you'll get more value out of that 100g for a gem, than 40k for a trinket; even if the boost from the trinket is larger, on a per gold basis it's not as much of a boost as the gems.

I also said that the trinket is well worth the investment if you can afford it. Right up the top, first reply to the thread. Seeing as the OP can't afford it though, and his question was whether he 'needs' the trinket, then no. He doesn't need it. It's nice if you can afford it, but it's far from required.

i use darkmoon trinket + bottle from elagon lfr

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Yeah, I knew this argument would pop up eventually. Because y'know, a 20k - 40k trinket is totally the same as gems that cost 100g each, if that. Furthermore, you'll get more value out of that 100g for a gem, than 40k for a trinket; even if the boost from the trinket is larger, on a per gold basis it's not as much of a boost as the gems.

I also said that the trinket is well worth the investment if you can afford it. Right up the top, first reply to the thread. Seeing as the OP can't afford it though, and his question was whether he 'needs' the trinket, then no. He doesn't need it. It's nice if you can afford it, but it's far from required.
    Need is still relative. Do you "need" it to push your char? Most likely. Do you need it so your guild wont wipe on normals. Probably not.
    For example its still listed in some guides as bis for BrM even with hm trinkets available.
    Its the same with crafted gear. You never really need it because there will be drops in raid for that slot but it helps alot. And it also costs alot of gold.

And i also said with 4k you probably cant afford it anyways. But its worth pushing for it imo.

Deleted
    Must i need to get this for my Monk for dps increase (been following askmrrobot and saying BiS for Trinket is damn DMC) but atm i suck at making cash and yet only have 4k due to expensive raid food/flask's thank you dumb nagrand server have 600 Skinning/LW

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Drakeos/simple
    If you want to improve your DPS and can afford it, why not?

friend of mine helped me out and got it

Deleted
    friend of mine helped me out and got it
    Grats mate! Its a nice trinket ^^