Drunk Nate Silver

Is apparently a huge new hashtag on twitter

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/08/tech/s...html?hpt=hp_c3

Anyone think up some good ones?

I don't know if I can think of any good jokes for it, but considering how dead on he was, on behalf of all NHL fan's around the world, JUST TELL US WHEN THE MADNESS WILL END.

PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    I don't know if I can think of any good jokes for it, but considering how dead on he was, on behalf of all NHL fan's around the world, JUST TELL US WHEN THE MADNESS WILL END.

PLEASE.
    Aren't there talks on Friday (Today)?

So, there were nine swing states
    Lets give each of these states a 50/50 shot at either candidate. Each state has a 1/2 chance of getting either candidate
    The odds of randomly choosing the result of the election without knowing any actual data besides which states are swing states was 1/2^9, or 1/512
    I don't see what the big deal is.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    So, there were nine swing states
    Lets give each of these states a 50/50 shot at either candidate. Each state has a 1/2 chance of getting either candidate
    The odds of randomly choosing the result of the election without knowing any actual data besides which states are swing states was 1/2^9, or 1/512
    I don't see what the big deal is.
    How about doing the same thing in 2008, and including all the house and senate races? Yes/No?

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    How about doing the same thing in 2008, and including all the house and senate races? Yes/No?
    That would be impressive, but that's not included in this article; the article is saying that this man has gained notoriety for guessing the results of this previous presidential election.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    That would be impressive, but that's not included in this article; the article is saying that this man has gained notoriety for guessing the results of this previous presidential election.
    Well no, it said he was listed in 2009 as one of TIMES (what a joke!) most influential people. He missed 1 senate race in 2008, while predicting every other race and the way each state went. He then did the same thing this time, and had Florida going Obama despite nearly everyone else claiming it was a sure-fire-Romney-win.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Aren't there talks on Friday (Today)?
    I've missed 55 days of hockey already.. I don't care if they are talking right now, just get the god damned thing done.

On topic though, this guy deserves a ton of credit for being able to not only do it, but stand by the prediction while you have every ass hat conservative pundit calling you out. That takes some balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    I've missed 55 days of hockey already.. I don't care if they are talking right now, just get the god damned thing done.

On topic though, this guy deserves a ton of credit for being able to not only do it, but stand by the prediction while you have every ass hat conservative pundit calling you out. That takes some balls.
    I thought it was hilarious that they didn't call him out on his math or predictions or methodology, but rather that he is 'a small man with a quiet voice'. Oh no! A guy who doesn't thump his chest and shout that hes right all the time.

There a lot of people who need to eat a lot of crow re: 538 and Silver and I don't think they will.