Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Terrace of Endless Spring (encounters , Q&A , tips)

While I'm aware that most of us are focused on HoF /MSV hard modes progression , I'd like to have us prepared for incoming last instance of the tier : TES.
    Sadly I wasn't able to play Beta before MoP was released so my only pre-knowledge about encounters comes from various Youtube movies , dungeon journal and various sites with boss's abilities.

The idea of this topic is to answer any kind of questions related to four boss encounters , wetter it'd be normal or hard modes.

Please keep it constructive , any kind of useful tips / info regarding this instance will be greatly appreciated by many.

I'll try to keep this thread updated as much as I can , and will eventually sum up all four fights , once I've got time / more insight in those.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

The first boss (council) was very easy on beta if you do the right order (to get elite gear you will have to kill Kaolan last, but that's just for the hardcore guilds).

Spread out, have one tank taking Kaolan, one tank taking Regail (with stamina gear, since he will do most damage with casts, try to kick him as often as possible) and one range dps pulling aggro from Asani (his casts hit only with little damage, so no problem a dps tanking). Have time warp start at the very beginning of the fight and burn Kaolan as fast as possible to prevent the Touch of Sha to corrupt more people. Just pull the bosses out of a water globe whenever Asani casts them. After Kaolan is dead, the other two bosses will heal to full hp again. Now, the two bosses gain additional abilities. Regail will periodically cast a lightning circle in four waves (first in melee range, then 20 feet away from him, then 40 feet, than 60 feet) which can easily be dodged. Asani will summon a water globe that must be destroyed. Stay within 15 feet of the globe when it's destroyed and you get a little bloodlust effect for 20 seconds. Last, kill Asani which won't be a problem anymore (he will do a AE at the end that stacks but in normal mode, that's no problem at all). Most difficult phase is when all three protectors are up. After Kaolan is dead, the fight will be extremly easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    The first boss (council) was very easy on beta if you do the right order (to get elite gear you will have to kill Kaolan last, but that's just for the hardcore guilds).

Spread out, have one tank taking Kaolan, one tank taking Regail (with stamina gear, since he will do most damage with casts, try to kick him as often as possible) and one range dps pulling aggro from Asani (his casts hit only with little damage, so no problem a dps tanking). Have time warp start at the very beginning of the fight and burn Kaolan as fast as possible to prevent the Touch of Sha to corrupt more people. Just pull the bosses out of a water globe whenever Asani casts them. After Kaolan is dead, the other two bosses will heal to full hp again. Now, the two bosses gain additional abilities. Regail will periodically cast a lightning circle in four waves (first in melee range, then 20 feet away from him, then 40 feet, than 60 feet) which can easily be dodged. Asani will summon a water globe that must be destroyed. Stay within 15 feet of the globe when it's destroyed and you get a little bloodlust effect for 20 seconds. Last, kill Asani which won't be a problem anymore (he will do a AE at the end that stacks but in normal mode, that's no problem at all). Most difficult phase is when all three protectors are up. After Kaolan is dead, the fight will be extremly easy.
    Thanks Keashaa, much appreciated.
    I guess "elite mode" is somewhat like Iron Council back in the Ulduar days?

Keep it rolling guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    Thanks Keashaa, much appreciated.
    I guess "elite mode" is somewhat like Iron Council back in the Ulduar days?

Keep it rolling guys!
    Elite mode is "acitivated" by killing Kaolan last. If you want to kill him last, you have to deal with three extremly dangerous abilities.

- he periodically debuffs a player with a DoT that won't fall of until he is defeated (he's doing that right after the start, so after some time, the whole raid will have this)
    - after the first protector dies, he will place void zones under his current target that remain for two minutes
    - after the second protector dies, he will do an AoE inflicting 85.000 damage to all player within 30 yards of him every 1.5 seconds

So "elite mode" = melee gonna hate it

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's what I meant , if I remember correctly Steelbreaker being killed last was considered hardest version of Iron council.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    is elite mode only for the first boss? atlas loot has all bosses with an elite mode but i cant find info about any others

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    is elite mode only for the first boss? atlas loot has all bosses with an elite mode but i cant find info about any others
    It's only the one boss, yes. No other bosses have 'elite' mode.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    thats a shame

15+ Year Old Account
    Well considering the fact that 3 out of 4 bosses in TES are single boss encounters (adds here and there) would be interesting to see what would "elite" be on those.
    Protectors are "council" type of fight therefor it's got "elite" mode as well.

Elite mode is "acitivated" by killing Kaolan last. If you want to kill him last, you have to deal with three extremly dangerous abilities.

- he periodically debuffs a player with a DoT that won't fall of until he is defeated (he's doing that right after the start, so after some time, the whole raid will have this)
    - after the first protector dies, he will place void zones under his current target that remain for two minutes
    - after the second protector dies, he will do an AoE inflicting 85.000 damage to all player within 30 yards of him every 1.5 seconds

85k damage pulse is LFR difficulty

it's 175k on normal and 250k on heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    85k damage pulse is LFR difficulty

it's 175k on normal and 250k on heroic.
    I love Feint.

Deleted
    It seems like the pulse have a 10 second cooldown, atleast thats what wowhead is saying. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=117975

Get the second to last add low and keep him alive? Nuke the boss low. Kill the add and then the boss straight after? Or do they regen to full health when one dies?

Deleted
    They regen full health.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bumping this thread up.

melee have been hated on via mechanics since cata launched

bring it on

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    melee have been hated on via mechanics since cata launched

bring it on
    Top tier guilds I'm certain will sit their melee out haha just like A council with the paragon thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone got their hands on Sha of Fear during Beta?
    Would love to gather some info about that one.

Protectors, Tsulong and Lei Shi seem rather straight forward when it comes to mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    Anyone got their hands on Sha of Fear during Beta?
    Would love to gather some info about that one.

Protectors, Tsulong and Lei Shi seem rather straight forward when it comes to mechanics.
    Tsulong is not that straight forward and Lei Shi it's the gear check of the raid

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure i was talking about mechanics/complexity of the encounter.