Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    Tanks can easily take that number of stacks and we traded well into the last 25+ each time, never had a problem with it tbh so stop calling out us as BS please. Infact you can see the logs for yourself if you don't believe. Each of us took 2 rounds of the pheromones and the stack total was 77 for one tank, 65 (25 and 35 stacks - as we were close to the kill I just carried on kiting) for me and 65 for the other tank - you do the maths

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8543&e=8961

    Please don't dismiss what people say just because you don't believe it yourself. Its totally healable and possble and the logs show it so.
    There ist one thing your wrong about. The person doing the kiting and thus stacking the debuff isn't the only one taking the increased damage. The whole raid does!!! By stacking the debuff to 25+ you put unnecessary stress on your healers!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    Spend less time on killing legs. Only one leg has to die every 30 seconds since this is it's respawn timer. Helped us alot.
    Thats exactly how this fight should be doen! Just have enough dps on the legs to be able to kill one every 30sek. After the first 4 are gone of course. The rest should go hit the boss. Killing the legs faster isn't an increase in raid dps, but a loss. Your dps end up doing a lot of target switching and moving.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodoran View Post

    Thats exactly how this fight should be doen! Just have enough dps on the legs to be able to kill one every 30sek. After the first 4 are gone of course. The rest should go hit the boss. Killing the legs faster isn't an increase in raid dps, but a loss. Your dps end up doing a lot of target switching and moving.
    I don't know about that. In 10 man the legs have 6.5mil HP which coincidentally is 3% of Garalon's max HP. Assuming you have 5 dps you can have those 5 dpsing the boss directly doing normal dmg for 6.5 mil worth of his HP or doing double dmg to the legs doing 6.5 mil to garalon in half the time. I see your point about target switching all the time, but if the respawn timer is the same regardless then what about sitting your dps and healers on, say, the right side of Garalon, dps down two legs then do work on the body until on of those two legs come back up when you can then easily target switch to one of the right side legs again? If I am wrong here please correct me.
    My hunter is the genetic love child of Liam Neeson, the Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris. You lose.


  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    I don't know about that. In 10 man the legs have 6.5mil HP which coincidentally is 3% of Garalon's max HP. Assuming you have 5 dps you can have those 5 dpsing the boss directly doing normal dmg for 6.5 mil worth of his HP or doing double dmg to the legs doing 6.5 mil to garalon in half the time. I see your point about target switching all the time, but if the respawn timer is the same regardless then what about sitting your dps and healers on, say, the right side of Garalon, dps down two legs then do work on the body until on of those two legs come back up when you can then easily target switch to one of the right side legs again? If I am wrong here please correct me.
    First of all, you want as many dead legs as possible. For every broken leg the boss gains a debuff that slows his movement speed by 15% and that one is stackabel. Thats why after the pull, you want to kill the legs as fast as possible and than have never more than 1 leg present.
    Now to the logic of my first point. I suggest you let the idea sink in a bit. Took me something like 20 wipes on the boss aswell. Lets say the leg has an even 6mil Hp, you have 5 dps and every dps is doing 50k (100k on the leg). Now if all of them target the leg, it'll die in 12sec. After that everyone switches their target to the boss and does 18sec 50k dps until the next leg spawns (when everyone has so switch targets and move again). All together this makes up for 10,5mil HP (12sec*100k*5)+(18sec*50k*5). Now the scenario i suggest with just 2 dps on the legs. Those two need 30sec to kill the leg (30sec*100k*2=6mill). During that time the remaining 3 dps will do 4,5mill damage (30sec*50k*3). So in both scenarios the damage done in those 30sec is the same. The difference between the two scenarios is just the number of target switches your raid has to do. No.1: 10 switches (switch to leg->switch to boss)*5 dps, No.2: 2 switches (switch to leg)*2 dps.
    Hope I could clear things up a bit for you.

  4. #24
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    4,074
    You're neglecting the fact that some DPS, like combat rogues and frost DKs and arms warriors can do cleave damage, which copies damage from the legs to the body, effectively making every GCD on the leg double the damage of every GCD on the body. This cleave was nerfed a bit recently (the body was receiving the doubled amount of damage, not normal damage) but it still makes the GCDs of certain classes 1.5x more effective on the legs than on the body.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You're neglecting the fact that some DPS, like combat rogues and frost DKs and arms warriors can do cleave damage, which copies damage from the legs to the body, effectively making every GCD on the leg double the damage of every GCD on the body. This cleave was nerfed a bit recently (the body was receiving the doubled amount of damage, not normal damage) but it still makes the GCDs of certain classes 1.5x more effective on the legs than on the body.
    Was hotfixed, so you do double dmg on legs but normal dmg on bodies - also read that hunter pets now inherit the buff so all that speculation was either a bug or they realised they messed up and hotfixed it.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You're neglecting the fact that some DPS, like combat rogues and frost DKs and arms warriors can do cleave damage, which copies damage from the legs to the body, effectively making every GCD on the leg double the damage of every GCD on the body. This cleave was nerfed a bit recently (the body was receiving the doubled amount of damage, not normal damage) but it still makes the GCDs of certain classes 1.5x more effective on the legs than on the body.
    I didn't neglect that. I left it out, because not every raid group has a combat rogue, arms warry, dk etc in their setup. It's another arguement that legs should live as long as possible (within those 30sec) to give certain players as much time on the legs as possible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •