10+ Year Old Account

StarCraft II Launcher not working.

I'll post this on battle.net right after I post it here, but regardless, my problem is that the StarCraft II Launcher..doesn't want to work. I'll explain.
    So normally I'd open it up, it'd check for updates, initialize and I'd play. ..However today, it got stuck on checking for updates for like 10 minutes, then the Launcher told me it failed to open up the "Agent" , It told me to wait 1 min and try again, I did, re-start comp, I did, I checked on battlenet, I checked for viruses, restarted comp, and restarted router but regardless, it's still stuck at "Checking for Updates" ..anyone have an idea what's wrong? Also I'm on Windows 7 if it helps.
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it will redownload the agent application if you simply delete it. I had similar problem with D3 launcher.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    ..Sorry ..didn't work.
    Howay the lads!

It was common problem on last big patch...try reinstalling game

For me this starting happening right after the bitdefender false-positive fiasco that affected all 3 blizzard launchers. a fresh install did the trick for me. worst case scenario you can still open it in your SC2 folder without the launcher.. but that will cause you trouble next patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, so I'll just un-install and re-install from the Battle.net? Cause I tried it with a hard drive with a buddy's laptop who has it, I took sc2 from him and tried it on my laptop...same problem.
    Howay the lads!

I had a similar problem with the D3 launcher recently. I think I solved it by clearing out the Updates folder in the installation. Perhaps it'll work with SC2 as well.