The Three Other Planets

Xoroth - the homeworld of the dreadsteeds (and possibly the nathrezim and tothrezim).
    K'aresh - the original homeworld of the ethereals before they evacuated to wander the Twisting Nether.
    Argus - the homeworld of the eredar race of magic-wielders and their exiled brethren called the draenei.

Out of these three planets, you could have at least two amazing expansions. Argus is the most obvious one, draenic revenge and beating up eredars is always fun, although this is likely the last destination in WoW expansions. K'aresh would be my first choice just because you are fighting against the void and it would likely make ethereals as a playable race. And plus almost everything about the ethereals is pretty interesting.

And the least likely choice, Xoroth, home of dreadsteeds, and the Tothrezim, who are arguably the most interesting race of creatures that have not really been fleshed out in the game. They live in the twisting nether, cousins of the nathrezim, and they are servants of Sargeras as well. This would be a great expansion to set the stage for the climatic battle against Sargeras. Plus Xoroth is not very well described so they can basically create anything they want for this.

Which of the three planets would you be most interested in seeing an expansion for?

I don't think any of these worlds would feature on their own. Every expansion has several threads going on at any one time. WotLK had the Blue Flight, Yogg-saron and the Lich King. Cata had each of the elemental invasions and the Twilight Cult itself, not to mention the old world revamps. MoP has the Horde/Alliance conflict, the Sha and the Mogu.

All of these worlds at once? Sure, that would work. It'd be a huge amount of content for Blizzard to make, but it'd work.

Deleted
    as Draenei I would love Argus expanion the most, but TBH I'm space travel fan since I was a kid, so I would like all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Argus because of obvious reasons. A Twisting Nether expansion could easily have zones that are partially K'aresh and Xoroth. Demon Gateway/Teleportation tech would make it feasible.
    Also, wasn't K'aresh almost entirely consumed by Dimensius the All-Devouring?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    I would vote for.. them all. You can't go wrong picking any of them. Argus is maybe slightly more interesting than the other ones, but the difference is minimal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Argus because of obvious reasons. A Twisting Nether expansion could easily have zones that are partially K'aresh and Xoroth. Demon Gateway/Teleportation tech would make it feasible.
    Also, wasn't K'aresh almost entirely consumed by Dimensius the All-Devouring?
    K'aresh would be somewhat of a wasteland, I could see it being as others have said as a lead into Xoroth or Argus, kind of a shambled waste land with little physical land.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    kind of a shambled waste land with little physical land.
    So just a waste, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    So just a waste, then?
    "K'aresh was an arid planet, home to a thriving ecosystem and several sentient species before the arrival of Dimensius the All-Devouring. The current state of K'aresh is unknown. "

So it's hard to say if it's destroyed completely, or if it's just in a transition period and could be saved, after-all the Ethereals had the Biospheres or whatever they were. So they might be able to save their planet. It would be an interesting use of phasing technology if you could slowly go through each zone and restore it back to its original form.

They don't do a very good job of describing most of the other worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    "K'aresh was an arid planet, home to a thriving ecosystem and several sentient species before the arrival of Dimensius the All-Devouring. The current state of K'aresh is unknown. "

So it's hard to say if it's destroyed completely, or if it's just in a transition period and could be saved, after-all the Ethereals had the Biospheres or whatever they were. So they might be able to save their planet. It would be an interesting use of phasing technology if you could slowly go through each zone and restore it back to its original form.

They don't do a very good job of describing most of the other worlds.
    It was a joke. :P "A waste land without much land"--> "So just a waste then?"
    But you're definitely right about Blizard not being terribly descriptive when it comes to the other planets.

This is purposeful of course, it gives them more freedom when they get around to makin' them.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-11-09 at 01:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I don't think any of these worlds would feature on their own. Every expansion has several threads going on at any one time. WotLK had the Blue Flight, Yogg-saron and the Lich King. Cata had each of the elemental invasions and the Twilight Cult itself, not to mention the old world revamps. MoP has the Horde/Alliance conflict, the Sha and the Mogu.

All of these worlds at once? Sure, that would work. It'd be a huge amount of content for Blizzard to make, but it'd work.
    Uhh...

Why exactly can't Blizzard further the plot of Warcraft towards, for example, an excursion to another planet of which we know very little about?

Let's say we've got this planet "Bob", where you can find all these creatures we've never seen, and never heard of. There's a full planet there, with several continents, with a plethora of civilizations, all with their own lore, history and conflicts.

So, let's say, for example, a plot device called "Jim" decides to open a huge portal to planet "Bob". Suddenly a whole new world is open to us.

Why exactly can that not happen? Why exactly do people look at existing games and think that's all there is? I've never understood this closed-minded approach to your own cramped little sandbox which you can't expand upon.

Hell, people have been crying for a third faction for ages now. Well, create a new planet, with half a dozen new races and new classes. Now make them want to invade Azeroth. Ta-da. Third faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireballzz
    WoW is dying pls send help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Livic View Post

Brilliant!

\o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    <------------------------ Draenei fan

Would lovelovelove to see an expansion that takes us to Argus.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Argus to me makes the most sense as it would tie in with the burning legion and Kil'Jaeden. we know from the lore that we did not kill him mearly sent him back to "the world he was on" which could easily be argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Uhh...

Why exactly can't Blizzard further the plot of Warcraft towards, for example, an excursion to another planet of which we know very little about?
    Why do you think people complain about pandas? There's the obvious surface complaint of "lol pandas", but look into it a little deeper- They're a race with very little grounding in the rest of the lore. Introducing new content needs to come with a blend of what's came before; new content which seems to come literally out of nowhere is jarring.

Let's say we've got this planet "Bob", where you can find all these creatures we've never seen, and never heard of. There's a full planet there, with several continents, with a plethora of civilizations, all with their own lore, history and conflicts.

So, let's say, for example, a plot device called "Jim" decides to open a huge portal to planet "Bob". Suddenly a whole new world is open to us.
    Because that doesn't tie into the universe. It may as well just be called "Adventures on the Planet Bob"; it's not a part of the overall Warcraft/World of Warcraft narrative.

Why exactly can that not happen? Why exactly do people look at existing games and think that's all there is? I've never understood this closed-minded approach to your own cramped little sandbox which you can't expand upon.
    You say closedminded, I say internally consistent with meaningful themes and exposition.

Hell, people have been crying for a third faction for ages now. Well, create a new planet, with half a dozen new races and new classes. Now make them want to invade Azeroth. Ta-da. Third faction.
    How much work do you think that'll be, both for the game's creators and for the people trying to interpret all this information? It's as though they're playing an entirely new game. because this is the sort of content you put into a new game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    stuff
    It started with Orcs and Humans. It had not a fucking thing to do with night elves and tauren and other shit like that.

Guess what? It evolved. It grew. It continued.

Yeah, if we were talking about Warcraft 4 here, and it's expansions, then sure, you could say new stuff such as a new planet and new races should perhaps come in Warcraft 5 instead of Warcraft 4: The nth Expansion. But we're not talking about Warcraft 4 here. We're not talking about a singular game here. We are talking about an MMO here. It's a completely different animal. It's something that keeps on going, and guess what buddy, you can rehash the same old boring shit only for so long.

We already know pretty much everything there is to know about Azeroth. We've been pretty much everywhere. We've seen pretty much every flora and fauna it has to offer. We know Draenor's every floating inch. If you want something new, it'll have to come from something we don't know shit about.

Besides, if you look at Pandaria, all of the races there except for pandaren themselves were completely new. You had never heard of them before. So, like MoP or not, Blizzard already went down that road. Clearly shows they don't give a rat's ass about the feelings of people who want to play with the same old toys in the same old sandbox. Adding a completely new planet wouldn't be a stretch at all. That's just a fact.