Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Cleared it yesterday easily with warlock friend and me kiting the pheromones, tried on my druid alt today by solo queing and have been wiping non stop. Even tried explaining the fight and people still don't understand. Ugh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Girouette View Post
    Crush is a problem, as is the boss it/him/erself(?!) moves around a LOT at times, you're on a leg, then the boss is kited over you...
    That's your fail, move faster away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    Cleared it yesterday easily with warlock friend and me kiting the pheromones, tried on my druid alt today by solo queing and have been wiping non stop. Even tried explaining the fight and people still don't understand. Ugh.
    We had like a >10 minute pre-pull talk about it the other morning. Then as soon as the tank pulled someone walked dead-center under him before the walking phase even started.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

1: Blizzard said LFR wouldn't be so faceroll as Dragon Soul was. Looks like a success.
    2: Eventually the people who don't pay attention, and get called for it, will either learn-up or get kicked. If you see someone who can't do a fight and don't wanna deal with em ever, put em on ignore (yes, it works cross-realm. /ignore name-servernamewithnospaces). You can't be LFR/LFG with anyone on your ignore list.
    3: Try and run LFR with at least 3-5 friends, so you guys got enough power that if someone is truly not getting it, you can kick them yourselves.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

You can trivial all but the Crush by just having the tanks trade the pheromones. Dont even worry about Fury stacks or the pheromone dmg on tanks as long as they're trading every 15 or so and when they do fury generally resets. You avoid unwanted pheromone trades. boss spinning like a top, and keep controlled slow movement along the perimeter. Honestly its stupid to even try using the pheromone/fury mechanic as intended in LFR with nerfs.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem are the players, not bosses.

I wanna say atleast 80% of the playerbase has a hard enough time getting through a heroic 5man, let alone get carried through LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    The problem are the players, not bosses.
    This. The players this boss is designed for cannot handle it. I hope blizzard realizes that this boss is not moron friendly enough for the environment it's in.

Also, it isn't really similar to Will, that fight goes down easy now because the tanks understand the positioning. Garalon is a fight that gets messed up by 1 or 2 (out of 16) dps that don't know what they're doing and I have a feeling it will stay like that for a long time, rarely will you ever get a group with 16 competent dps, which is required for this fight.

Deleted
    garalon so far has been a worse nightmare the elegon was in his first week.
    i just hope people will get better at him like they did at elegon

15+ Year Old Account
    2 shotted Garalon yesterday. Just have 2 people assigned to pheromones and nobody get crushed and it's ez-mode on LFR.

People overestimate the dangers of crush on this boss. I've killed him on 3 chars now (with randoms, no organized stuff), and every time the group has wiped it was to the debuff not being handled properly. Crush doesn't do a lot of damage, and as stated previoulsly a good healer or two can heal through it all. I was in there on my warlock with a guardian druid that literally provoked crushes 30 or more times during the boss, and he still went down.

The most dangerous part is the debuff. I'm not sure why people don't realize this, but I'm guessing it is because it doesn't show up under "damage taken" in some damage meters like recount. Most wipe I've been on I've seen crush do 6-7-8 million damage, or something, and the debuff doing 40-50-60 million damage only 1-2 minutes into the fight.

If you have two guys who swap the debuff around then the fight is very easy, even with idiots provoking crushes all fight.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

They just nerfed LFR Garalon again.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...normal-heroic/

"In addition, and also exclusive to the Raid Finder version of this encounter, Garalon's Crush ability now has a cooldown, and we’ve corrected an issue with his aggro radius to prevent players from drawing aggro until a player has entered a ring."
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I think the reason people obsess about crush is because those are also the raids where you're getting tons of dmg from bad/no pheromone passing and fury stacks. Lots of damage flying around and the only thing you're seeing is the crushes so people blame it on that.

The biggest problem I've seen in the last few days have been tanks trying to kite and ending up missing swipes so the boss builds up tons of fury stacks. I took my DPS and sat in front of Garalon to help eat swipes which don't hit that hard anymore and it was an easy kill.

Just looked at the latest hotfix. 30 second crush cooldown should make crush a non-factor. 20-stack limit on pheromone debuff. How much damage is that? Could 1 person kite the entire fight?

Garalon is turning into the easiest boss in LFR at the rate they're going!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Just looked at the latest hotfix. 30 second crush cooldown should make crush a non-factor. 20-stack limit on pheromone debuff. How much damage is that? Could 1 person kite the entire fight?

And the funny thing is, people will still wipe on him, because someone will run in and keep bouncing Pheromones through entire raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    The solution to your problem is to kill Garalon with one of those 2/6 groups you join (you might actually explain the boss to them). After you killed him, the next time you queue you are guaranteed to get a 0/6 group.
    Plain wrong. Your chance of getting into a fresh run when you killed the endboss is a lot higher, but NOT guaranteed.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 12:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post

Erm well, even unnerfed it IS the easiest boss in LFR, once the peromones thing works.
    So what do you need actually to get this done?
    2 tanks that know what to do, and actually get the concept of not really tanking him, but just soak up.
    2 dudes for pheromones (preferably the tanks is done by the tanks as well, but not a must)
    21 dudes NOT standing/strafing near the orange symbol.
    Last edited by ripponesan; 2012-11-13 at 11:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Plain wrong. Your chance of getting into a fresh run when you killed the endboss is a lot higher, but NOT guaranteed.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 12:01 PM ----------

Erm well, even unnerfed it IS the easiest boss in LFR, once the peromones thing works.
    So what do you need actually to get this done?
    2 tanks that know what to do, and actually get the concept of not really tanking him, but just soak up.
    2 dudes for pheromones (preferably the tanks is done by the tanks as well, but not a must)
    21 dudes NOT standing/strafing near the orange symbol.
    Needing 21 people to not stand somehwere in LFR is about as hard as it gets mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garalon LFR is a pure idiot check and shows with the greatest of details why raiding shouldn't be accessible to everyone.

I killed him in the first try without wipes though with a rogue and a warrior (among other ofcourse) running constantly, and i mean constantly, under him and causing crushes, the damage was ridiculously low though, so the bottom line is that you need to have at least 10-12 retards in your group to fail before the nerf and about 20 mentally disabled people in the raid to fail now.

The completion stats for the raid must have been utterly appalling. Maybe this will instill a clue or two in the raid designers on what they need to do for an LFR encounter to be successful when it encounters the real player base.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The biggest problem is people thinking that since it is LFR you don't have to know how the mechanics work, you just que up and face roll the bosses and thats not true. If Mechanics are not observed then on some of the fights you will wipe. There is at least 1 boss in each LFR that requires mechanics being observed. My group wiped three times due to crushes until the 4th time when they finally got it through their thick skulls that they had to stay out of the purple and play 'tag' with the phermones. The fourth run went amazingly and surprisingly well with no one dieing. Each time I had to tell everyone the mechanics but until someone personally died from entering the purple they just disregarded what I said and the mechanics.

I must admit it's really hard to not go into a purple circle, it's so purple and cute it just begs you to jump on it.