A Questions about AskMrRobot

Picked up a few items in LFR yesterday and had to update reforges and gems however. When I started looking at the gems AskMrRobot wanted me to switch a yellow gem (That was in a yellow socket) with a red gem from another piece of gear (That was in a red socket).The only reason I can think of for why AMR is doing this is that it wants me to drop the socket bonuses so I am closer to the expertise cap, seeing both items gave bonus expertise for their socket bonus which has put me over expertise cap by quite a bit. Anyways, maybe I am missing something that someone far smarter than I will see, so Ill put the link to my AMR here and hopefully one of you who better understands AMR can figure out what it is trying to do.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u...doomninj%C3%A2

Also feel free to give me any criticism about gearing/spec I am always looking to make myself better and any advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Doomninja; 2012-11-09 at 12:52 PM.

I would advise against using AMR, honestly. I do occasionally hear good things, but they keep getting drowned in the screams of complaints from people that use it.

I can't use it at work, so I pulled up your armoury: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A2/advanced

Don't use these gems:
    Quick Sun's Radiance
    Lightning Wild Jade

For combat, use:
    +160 agility in Red sockets
    +80 agility + 120 haste in yellow sockets
    +80 agility + 120 hit in blue sockets

Be careful about socketing to match bonuses like expertise and hit, I haven't done the maths, but they may not be worth going for.

Ah okay, I had always heard good things during Cata but I guess that might no longer be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Zark View Post
    Ah okay, I had always heard good things during Cata but I guess that might no longer be the case.
    I don't want to say the tool is useless, I just hear constant complaints about it.

My advice is that MrRobot is a tool ( a great one) but don't only look at once source for advice there is EJ and also things like Noxxic's guide which are cool.

Noxxic guides aren't cool, they just say a couple of tips which is basically your spec spells.

i tried AMR with custom weights and it went fine for a couple of times then bullets in the nuts. Reforgelite is way better (if you don't have a reforger tool).

See I have reforgelite, which usually tells me to reforge the same as AMR.

I haven't had any problems with AMR yet, actually.

Kind of surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Be careful about socketing to match bonuses like expertise and hit, I haven't done the maths, but they may not be worth going for.
    I would be kinda shocked if they weren't worth going for, except maybe sub (which is irrelevant right now anyway). You get double the secondary stats so the orange/purple gems are considerably more valuable than in previous expansions where we were had to consider socketing straight reds and ignoring a bonus.

I noticed that AMR had me reforging pretty much all wrong. I like to use wowreforge.com. Seems to put me right at caps every time. And I generally just stick with the straight agil in reds, agil+hit in blues, agil+haste in yellows as combat.

AMR, Noxxic, et all have my stat priorities wrong in my current gear level. I modify Mr. Robot's stat weights by using SimCraft, I change my gear and gems, reforge with AMR, export that back to SimCraft, run it several more times to see if I get an increase, rinse and repeat. AMRs reforge and gem recommendations are great when the stat weights are correct.

So I use MrRobot and SimCraft together, and it seems to be working pretty well for me so far.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Zark View Post
    See I have reforgelite, which usually tells me to reforge the same as AMR.
    This. Every time I tested it I got the same exact reforging with ReforgeLite as AMR gave me. The difference is AMR lets me update a SimCraft file with the reforging changes without me spending 150+ gold every time I reforge to test a new stat priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I would be kinda shocked if they weren't worth going for, except maybe sub (which is irrelevant right now anyway). You get double the secondary stats so the orange/purple gems are considerably more valuable than in previous expansions where we were had to consider socketing straight reds and ignoring a bonus.
    Probably, I imagine hit would be fine, but expertise with it's hard cap could potentially not be worth going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Probably, I imagine hit would be fine, but expertise with it's hard cap could potentially not be worth going for.
    Yeah it has a hard cap, but unless for some reason you can't reforge enough away to get yourself under/at the hard cap again, it should still be worth it.

Hopefully, shadowcraft will be up and running soon if it hasn't been cancelled or dropped Anyone got any news regarding shadowcraft btw?

Edit*

Looks like shadowcraft is up and running :O Checked it right after I commented and it seems to be working (with some minor bugs and errors still so it might need some more time though)
    Last edited by Isoge; 2012-11-09 at 07:39 PM.