A Questions about AskMrRobot

Picked up a few items in LFR yesterday and had to update reforges and gems however. When I started looking at the gems AskMrRobot wanted me to switch a yellow gem (That was in a yellow socket) with a red gem from another piece of gear (That was in a red socket).The only reason I can think of for why AMR is doing this is that it wants me to drop the socket bonuses so I am closer to the expertise cap, seeing both items gave bonus expertise for their socket bonus which has put me over expertise cap by quite a bit. Anyways, maybe I am missing something that someone far smarter than I will see, so Ill put the link to my AMR here and hopefully one of you who better understands AMR can figure out what it is trying to do.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u...doomninj%C3%A2

Also feel free to give me any criticism about gearing/spec I am always looking to make myself better and any advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Doomninja; 2012-11-09 at 12:52 PM.

I would advise against using AMR, honestly. I do occasionally hear good things, but they keep getting drowned in the screams of complaints from people that use it.

I can't use it at work, so I pulled up your armoury: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A2/advanced

Don't use these gems:
    Quick Sun's Radiance
    Lightning Wild Jade

For combat, use:
    +160 agility in Red sockets
    +80 agility + 120 haste in yellow sockets
    +80 agility + 120 hit in blue sockets

Be careful about socketing to match bonuses like expertise and hit, I haven't done the maths, but they may not be worth going for.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Ah okay, I had always heard good things during Cata but I guess that might no longer be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Zark View Post
    Ah okay, I had always heard good things during Cata but I guess that might no longer be the case.
    I don't want to say the tool is useless, I just hear constant complaints about it.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    My advice is that MrRobot is a tool ( a great one) but don't only look at once source for advice there is EJ and also things like Noxxic's guide which are cool.

Noxxic guides aren't cool, they just say a couple of tips which is basically your spec spells.

i tried AMR with custom weights and it went fine for a couple of times then bullets in the nuts. Reforgelite is way better (if you don't have a reforger tool).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

See I have reforgelite, which usually tells me to reforge the same as AMR.

I haven't had any problems with AMR yet, actually.

Kind of surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Be careful about socketing to match bonuses like expertise and hit, I haven't done the maths, but they may not be worth going for.
    I would be kinda shocked if they weren't worth going for, except maybe sub (which is irrelevant right now anyway). You get double the secondary stats so the orange/purple gems are considerably more valuable than in previous expansions where we were had to consider socketing straight reds and ignoring a bonus.

I noticed that AMR had me reforging pretty much all wrong. I like to use wowreforge.com. Seems to put me right at caps every time. And I generally just stick with the straight agil in reds, agil+hit in blues, agil+haste in yellows as combat.

AMR, Noxxic, et all have my stat priorities wrong in my current gear level. I modify Mr. Robot's stat weights by using SimCraft, I change my gear and gems, reforge with AMR, export that back to SimCraft, run it several more times to see if I get an increase, rinse and repeat. AMRs reforge and gem recommendations are great when the stat weights are correct.

So I use MrRobot and SimCraft together, and it seems to be working pretty well for me so far.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Zark View Post
    See I have reforgelite, which usually tells me to reforge the same as AMR.
    This. Every time I tested it I got the same exact reforging with ReforgeLite as AMR gave me. The difference is AMR lets me update a SimCraft file with the reforging changes without me spending 150+ gold every time I reforge to test a new stat priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I would be kinda shocked if they weren't worth going for, except maybe sub (which is irrelevant right now anyway). You get double the secondary stats so the orange/purple gems are considerably more valuable than in previous expansions where we were had to consider socketing straight reds and ignoring a bonus.
    Probably, I imagine hit would be fine, but expertise with it's hard cap could potentially not be worth going for.
    I am the lucid dream

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Probably, I imagine hit would be fine, but expertise with it's hard cap could potentially not be worth going for.
    Yeah it has a hard cap, but unless for some reason you can't reforge enough away to get yourself under/at the hard cap again, it should still be worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully, shadowcraft will be up and running soon if it hasn't been cancelled or dropped Anyone got any news regarding shadowcraft btw?

Edit*

Looks like shadowcraft is up and running :O Checked it right after I commented and it seems to be working (with some minor bugs and errors still so it might need some more time though)
    Last edited by Isoge; 2012-11-09 at 07:39 PM.