As of right now, DW or 2h?

I've seen alot of discussion about DW and 2H. I thought 2h was the best for 10 man raiding at the moment but recently I've seen more people saying DW is better. So which is actually better right now?

And which is better for PvP arenas?
    Last edited by Valex; 2012-11-09 at 01:39 PM.

DW is better ... but i guess most of us play the spec they have the weapon for

The one you enjoy more / play better.

/end thread

If you're looking at doing heroic progression any time soon, DW will be universally better for every fight. That's not to say, though, that going 2H isn't an option.

In summary, play which ever you're more comfortable with and/or which you have better weapons for.
    Vereesa of Paragon, formerly of Depraved
    WCL

Okay thanks, which is better for pvp atm? Only looking to do arenas :P

Aren't frost DKs terrible at arenas? Unholy would probably be a better choice. Frost has no real cc or defenses.

Its damage is mad though, just not sure which of the two are better :P

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Aren't frost DKs terrible at arenas? Unholy would probably be a better choice. Frost has no real cc or defenses.
    Not really. We do have CC now, though unholy works better at it than frost. Still, we can shine in arena in the right comp.

OP: Play whatever suits you. The dps difference is small enough that unless you're pushing heroic progression you can do as you wish.

Frost = glass cannon.
    For high-ranked arena you'll probably want to be unholy.

Unholy you will have slightly more control, but if control isn't an issue (read: team up with arms/healer/you) then frost.

As for PvE: DW if you're super cereal, otherwise whatever weapons you can get.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 03:28 PM ----------

Edit on the arenas: you would be better off as 2h for higher burst on obliterates.

Based on world of wargraphs data, about 80% of high ranked DK's are playing 2H frost. Not to say that it's "better" then unholy, but that seems to be what people are playing and having success with right now.

I think unholy has the better toolset on paper, and higher skillcap. But when it comes down to it, the random bursty nature of 2H frost gets kills.

2H vs DW depends on the fight too. For cleave fights like Stone Guard and Wind Lord, DW is way ahead of 2H. But on fights that require burst, like Orbs on Elegon, 2H is better. It also depends on your weapon, like a 489 Starshatter will be ahead of 2 463 1H weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
    Based on world of wargraphs data, about 80% of high ranked DK's are playing 2H frost. Not to say that it's "better" then unholy, but that seems to be what people are playing and having success with right now.

I think unholy has the better toolset on paper, and higher skillcap. But when it comes down to it, the random bursty nature of 2H frost gets kills.
    That is mostly due the fact that it's still easyer to get a 2h weapon then two 1h ones. In casual or hardcore guild it's the same, on hardcore guilds even more important since weapon DPS scale factor is almost double of strenght, meaning a DK with a very good weapon can outperform a DK with good gear but worst weapon. And if you look at that DK's they are going with Starshatter HC since it's easyer to get from boss drop or coin.

But as HoF was released and HC is getting downed, the ammount of 1h weapons pool is getter bigger, two weapons so far. So double the chance, making the loot ratio be equal to 2h. Expect more DK's to go DW from now on.
    Last edited by naturestorm; 2012-11-10 at 11:32 AM.

DW on heavy armor, 2h on light armor.

Yes i know, it's a terrible design. The new "Might of the Frozen Wastes" and "Threat of Thassarian" are terrible designed. Why does 2h and DW have to play differently? Fury 1h and 2h doesn't.

If i could i would love the DW Frost Strike damage bonus for 2h instead of Obliterate damage bonus. Would be even better if they removed the Obli and FS damage bonuses from MotFW and ToT for both DW and 2h and increased their damage by 25% for both instead, and keep the other bonuses from DW and 2h (hits with both weapons / 10% more damage)