Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How much dps needed to beat Garalon enrage?

We wipe a lot of to enrage... even with 2 healers.

Enrage hits around 8-14%.

We even did 3 healers, and the healers kiting... and still can't down within enrage, what is the dps needed? People are doing around 60-80k throughout the fight.

Ret Pally
    Prot pally
    Holy pally
    Healer druid
    Holy Priest
    Lock
    Monk
    2 hunters
    shadow priest.

Deleted
    Get cleaving melees. Warrior/Rogue and put em on the legs prio. Their cleave dmg does 100% on the boss aswell. Our both rogues and warriors were doing around 110-120k and we three healed it

10+ Year Old Account
    Divide health pool by enrage time = answer

Stack melee cleave on legs for DPS. The buff makes it stupidly strong as you're cleaving the boss for 200% cleave damage. Rogues.

Deleted
    we used an arms warrior and frost DK as "tanks" last night as we havent got a rogue for the OP cleave. the "tank" dmg / cleave is minimal

we 3 healed it and only beat the enrage by about 30sec. not impressive but it was comfortable

Your raid comp is almost as bad as ours. Here's what we had and the dps for each class:

1 DK~115k dps
    1 Enhance Shaman~90k dps
    1 Warlock~85k dps
    1 Feral Druid~74k dps
    1 SV Hunter (me)~72k dps
    1 Ele Shaman~46k dps (he was one of our kiters)
    1 Druid Healer
    1 Priest Healer
    2 Pld tanks

We killed him with (literally) 2 seconds left before enrage, so if you're not doing at least that much it's not gonna happen. We tried it with 3 healers originally but we were also hitting enrage around the 6-8% mark. Without rogue/war cleave, it's gonna be hard with your current setup.

Deleted
    Your problem is your setup. You don't have any melee who can cleave or multidot the legs and that is going to make it hard on you. Although you didn't provide a log, I'm guessing that even if your dps could up the output a bit, it still wouldn't be enough.

If you don't have any melee, I'd suggest that you assign your Spriest and your Lock to dot the legs, let the Retri go on the legs as well.

Both our melee (Warrior/Rogue) were doing around 115-120k, that's a lot of extra "free" dmg on the legs.

Well the comp I gave is pretty much the comp we only have. We don't have rogues or warriors, and only a blood DK.

I thought Blizz wasn't going to be retarded and make bosses attuned for only certain types of classes, it should be able to be done in any class comp.

Seems the dps are giving it all they have so.. not sure what we can do with that comp

Deleted
    Well that's true - to some extend. Cause the setup you have, really isn't the best. Having 1 melee that can't cleave and 2 Hunters isn't really "optimal" for 10 man progression. Sure you can go with that comp and wait until you get some more gear but "bring the player not the class" has always been BS and as a raid leader or a GM, you should know this tbh.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    I thought Blizz wasn't going to be retarded and make bosses attuned for only certain types of classes, it should be able to be done in any class comp.
    It is, it's just easier with certain classes for certain fights. This happens to be a melee cleave fight. Some other fights are great for multi-dots. Some fights are great for Warrior Tanks, some are better with Monk tanks.

Hard to give good feedback without a log of your fight. We did it last week with a 10-man cleanup group after our normal raid times, and did it on 25 man this week.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/8nhp6...=11668&e=12077
    We 3 healed it, but did have a rogue. Rogue did 137k DPS, SPriest at 83k, Ret at 80K, two Ferals at 77k-78k each, Monk Tank at 56k and Warrior Tank at 38k. (WTB vengeance on this fight.)
    Last edited by Porcell; 2012-11-09 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varick99 View Post
    Your raid comp is almost as bad as ours. Here's what we had and the dps for each class:

1 DK~115k dps
    1 Enhance Shaman~90k dps
    1 Warlock~85k dps
    1 Feral Druid~74k dps
    1 SV Hunter (me)~72k dps
    1 Ele Shaman~46k dps (he was one of our kiters)
    1 Druid Healer
    1 Priest Healer
    2 Pld tanks

We killed him with (literally) 2 seconds left before enrage, so if you're not doing at least that much it's not gonna happen. We tried it with 3 healers originally but we were also hitting enrage around the 6-8% mark. Without rogue/war cleave, it's gonna be hard with your current setup.
    Your Elemental shaman is really underperfoming, even when kiting. I was atleast over 70k each try and i was one of the kiters. Also, fairly sure thier raidcomp is worse then yours, as your DK can atleast spam his howling blast :P

On topic: 2 Heal is fairly required if you don't have any cleaver, you can also 3 heal it with 2 dpsers soaking the swipes. Althought if people do it correclty 2 healer shouldn't be a problem. Hunters are probably the worst class for this boss, as the pets doesn't benefit by the 100% damage increase.

Have rdps stack as often as possible on a healer who is marked. Get the 2 closest legs when they spawn by running into thier circle, let the other two on the other side just stay up. THis way you maximize your total damage on the boss.

We killed him with ~30 seconds to enrage with 1 dead and alot of messups during our try.
    Had lots of low % wipes when we 3 healed it in start.

Don't let your Hunters touch the legs; also, have them kite—that's their only use on this fight.

Have your Holy Priest go Disc and help damage. Ours pulled almost 40k.

Make sure your Resto Druid is using HotW with Hero. Ours pulls like 150k for the duration—more than most of our DPS.

I don't know how viable Holy Pally DPS is in PvE, but have him help too if possible.

Have your Prot go Ret too.

Have your Lock and SP multidot all legs from a weakened zone.

Have your Monk kill legs as they pop.

10 man is roughly 520k Raid dps to beat the enrage.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7649&e=8055

Here is our kills DPS. Its nothing special. We beat enrage by 14 seconds. The trick is to have 1-2 melee (1 if its a rogue/Arms warrior, 2 if anything else. We have Enh Shaman and Fury War) deal with legs after the initial ones die. Have Ranged just Train the boss like there is no tomorrow. We had Me stay tank (Brewmaster) and our DK go Frost in Tank gear to soak cleaves with me. We, as tanks, helped whenever the front legs spawned.

3 healed as well. If you have a Disc Priest/Mistweaver, it will be easier, we however did not.

Good afternoon. My guild recently got Garalon down and we had enrage issues. We solved these on our final attempt (and kill) By giving the warlock and combat rogue leg duty and the rest sitting on boss, only hitting legs when the next one came up ( so when we had 2 up at a time). Putting only two dps on leg duty allowed for some more dps going into the boss which let us beat enrage.

Logs for the night and subsequent kill: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-twfyfvqevx9m96fx/dashboard/?s=12342&e=12751
    Stream of the last hour ( Warlock Pov): twitch.tv/loxeus/b/338267952
    1:14 for final pull / kill.

Edit: Beat enrage by 12 seconds, post above mine came in as I was typing this. Same idea.

Even if he hits enrage, he will only instant-kill you with the cleave and with the crush. So if you come to enrage and he is low, move away, let one person have the theramones all the time because if you switch, crush = all dead. So just keep at it and don't get hit by anything.. that's as far as I have understood. He doesn't "enrage" (becomes red and insane) like other bosses from our tries.

The point here is they do not have access to cleaving melee. Telling them to get cleaving melee doesn't help much.

Without cleaves, you have to super optimize the rest of your raid. If you have logs, we could help more by looking at those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    Even if he hits enrage, he will only instant-kill you with the cleave and with the crush. So if you come to enrage and he is low, move away, let one person have the theramones all the time because if you switch, crush = all dead. So just keep at it and don't get hit by anything.. that's as far as I have understood. He doesn't "enrage" (becomes red and insane) like other bosses from our tries.
    He actually does hard enrage. He casts Massive Crush when he enrages which does well over 2million damage to everyone. Its not the same as his normal Crush ability.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 06:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malatharia View Post
    Good afternoon. My guild recently got Garalon down and we had enrage issues. We solved these on our final attempt (and kill) By giving the warlock and combat rogue leg duty and the rest sitting on boss, only hitting legs when the next one came up ( so when we had 2 up at a time). Putting only two dps on leg duty allowed for some more dps going into the boss which let us beat enrage.

Logs for the night and subsequent kill: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-twfyfvqevx9m96fx/dashboard/?s=12342&e=12751
    Stream of the last hour ( Warlock Pov): twitch.tv/loxeus/b/338267952
    1:14 for final pull / kill.

Edit: Beat enrage by 12 seconds, post above mine came in as I was typing this. Same idea.
    Great minds raid alike :P

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Focus less on killing the legs. They have a respawn timer of 30 seconds, so optimal would be for one to go down every 30 seconds in order to not lose cleave damage. For 10 man we had a rogue taking the back legs for himself while we multidotted/cleaved the front legs down. Alot of cleaving abilities appear to only hit the front legs if the boss is the main target, and we had 2 DK's. Therefore this approach. As long as 2 legs remain broken and he doesn't gain any fury he shouldn't move too fast.

Raid DPS must be exactly 500k DPS.