Colorado Legalizes Marijuana For Recreational Use

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...ef=mostpopular

Should there be a federal law making Pot Legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Congratulations, there is no reason why it should still be illegal.
    QFT, now bring this to the UK, and the rest of the world.

A little late to the game on this, there are a number of threads already discussing it. To answer your question though, absolutely. The war on drugs is a colossal failure, costing tens of thousands of lives and billions of dollars.

Edit:

P.S.
    If all the drug violence was in the states the way mafia violence was during prohibition, it would already have been legalized. But most of the losses are in Mexico, so our government takes an out of sight out of mind approach to it.
    Last edited by Koraak; 2012-11-09 at 02:53 PM.

Deleted
    Federal Government are gonna throw a hissie fit.

Legalization of pot is not exactly a great thing. Legalization means controlled growers, which means controlled amounts of THC in the product. You can also anticipate massive taxes on legalized pot, similar to those on cigarettes, which means we would end up paying way more for an inferior product. Now, I'm not American but if I was I would be content with state legalization because the government at that level is less likely to get as involved, which will allow growers to continue to fly under the radar and for us users we are free to enjoy the product that we have been enjoying thus far.

Just my two cents.

TLDR: Yay pot! Beware legalization though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrealle View Post
    Legalization of pot is not exactly a great thing. Legalization means controlled growers, which means controlled amounts of THC in the product. You can also anticipate massive taxes on legalized pot, similar to those on cigarettes, which means we would end up paying way more for an inferior product. Now, I'm not American but if I was I would be content with state legalization because the government at that level is less likely to get as involved, which will allow growers to continue to fly under the radar and for us users we are free to enjoy the product that we have been enjoying thus far.

Just my two cents.

Surely legalization would mean that people could grow their own crop?
    Don't see why they shouldn't be able to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is a great first step to getting Marijuana off the Class 1 drug list.
    Hopefully other states, and finally the federal government will follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrealle View Post

Just my two cents.

Yeah, look how much worse beer, wine, and liquor is in the US now than it was during prohibition. Everyone knows that black markets provide excellent and affordable products.

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone else planning a Colorado trip this winter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTheHoe View Post
    Surely legalization would mean that people could grow their own crop?
    Don't see why they shouldn't be able to.
    Alcohol is legal, but making your own is not. Government wants you to have to pay them a tax if you want to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Alcohol is legal, but making your own is not. Government wants you to have to pay them a tax if you want to use it.
    making your own alcohol is in fact legal. selling it is not

Congrats, Colorado! Well done, well done.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    making your own alcohol is in fact legal. selling it is not
    Excuse me, making your own beer/wine IS legal, it is NOT LEGAL to make your own liquor.

Deleted
    Please, using the current thread to discuss this, there's no need to create another one.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-this-election