Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Enchant - Dancing Steel

Is Dancing Steel enchant on both weapons better than 2 X Windsongs or Windsong/EF?

Deleted
    Yes... /thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Yes... /thread?
    The only possible competitor to 2x DS would be DS/WS, which is probably inferior as well, but no one has messed with the "Real PPM" math that I have seen. The only advantage WS could have would be the ability to proc from poisons (spells), which you can see as the third guy in there.

However, It seems unlikely to be able to beat out the doubled uptime of the second DS: the agi is just way too good.

2x Dancing Steel is about 2200 dps more than 2x Windsong.

is it as expensive on other realms as it is on mine?
    making it myself costs me 5k, buying the enchant is 8-10k

atm its not worth the 2k dps if you ask me (but i guess the price will go down when people start disenchanting more epics)

Deleted
    The mats are still somewhat expensive to gather, due to the "rare" nature of disenchanted epics. They cost a fuck-ton on my server as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    got both of mine for 2500+250g tip; Enchants are selling for 7.5k+ right now.
    Just used my Sha Crystal Enchanting daily CD on the cheapo ethereal shards and win.

(Had to tip cuz I'm too lazy to gain the rep and purchase the enchant myself >.>)
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Unlike cataclysm, disenchanting epics is not the only source of sha crystals. I had enough crystals from my enchanter by the time I got a weapon worthy of dancing steel and I've never DE'd an epic on said enchanter.

Do note that the upconverting of ethereal shards to sha crystals will take 20 days on a single enchanter to get enough for dancing steel x 2. 1 Sha crystal can be had for 5 spirit of harmony if you trade them in for ethereal shards if you don't have 125 spirit dust or 25 mysterious essence lying around (for each sha crystal).

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just throw a wild guess out there and say that windsong doesn't even come close to a 1650 agility buff with a 25% uptime.

Even though i've seen 3 windsongs active from 1 enchant multiple times.. :X

The only cool thing about WS that would make it good is the seperate internals on the haste/mastery/crit procs, if you have all 3 of those at once its better for a moment than DS but overall DS is by far superior.

I made mine for next to nothing. Been using my sha crystal cd since day 2, and I have a crap load of them.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Deleted
    If you got epic weapons (non-lfr), use Dancing steel. Otherwise I wouldn't waste the money on it.

Deleted
    Anyone knows how big the dps-loss is to keep you Windsong on OFFHAND and wait until you get better wep to enchant with Dancing steel?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrih View Post
    Anyone knows how big the dps-loss is to keep you Windsong on OFFHAND and wait until you get better wep to enchant with Dancing steel?
    http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/

Deleted
    Oh yeah you can switch around there with enchants, hadn't notice xD new to that site.
    its about 370dps upgrade to switch Windsong -> Dancing steel on my blue Offhand

Do it if your weapons are good enough. Sigh.

It feels wrong to have a 509 necklace and still 476 + 463 daggers. Blizzard, what's with not letting any daggers drop? Seriously, not even one? Contemplating putting Dancing Steel on my MH--just because the second I do, I know I'll get a shiny 502 dagger to drop.

Deleted
    If you are in a serious guild and actually care about progression use dancing steel. If not just don't bother as you will only be devastated as soon as you get an upgrade.

I enchanted 4 weapons the day the enchant was available, all of them being blue and upgraded already by now.
    Last edited by mmoc8e00e4fba2; 2012-11-19 at 08:07 AM.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6662&e=7139

71% uptime with mainhand as combat. From what ive been reading the mainhand procs somewhere about 70-80% of your total uptime whereas the offhand only does the remaining 30-20%. (mainhand is 2-3x more than offhand)

Looking through my tsulong wipes (bounce enrage x.x) all the attempts have a 50% uptime but id go ahead and say thats bc overall uptime is pretty terrible in day phase (was on medium add duty)

The "Real PPM" system that this uses now should give you the same return for one Dancing Steel as the second, so MH DS / OH WS *should* be equal to MH WS / OH DS. I'm not trusting that yet, however.

I'm running one DS on my heroic stone dogs dagger, and I have windsong on my reg mode items. With shards being a lot more plentiful, I'll eventually DS all my weapons, but for now I'm waiting a bit. I'm pretty sure the ability to get the "spell procced windsong" goes some of the way towards closing that DS/DS versus DS/WS gap.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 07:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shrih View Post
    Sadly I don't, and with the progressive changes of these from PPM to "Real PPM", I don't think anyone has numbers right now.

I would assume that the damage loss is roughly 600 dps to 1200 dps, because it couldn't be wildly outside of that range? But I don't know.

You should get double DS as soon as you are comfortable, we are assured by Blizzard that it is the best. I really want to find the value of that spell-procced WS though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sionorra View Post
    The only cool thing about WS that would make it good is the seperate internals on the haste/mastery/crit procs, if you have all 3 of those at once its better for a moment than DS but overall DS is by far superior.
    You're mistaken about how PPM works, none of them have "internals".

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer