So You Want to Be a Heal Sniper...

Serious healers hate heal snipers. (By serious healer, I mean someone with over 100k achievement points who scours the interwebs for tips on their class, does rudimentary napkin math, min-maxes their gear, uses 300 stat food for LFR, and belongs to a guild that can't progress through normal modes but scoffs at how easy those raids are once Blizzard nerfs them by 30%.) Serious healers hate Recount because "healing is about skill and not big numbers," but these same healers are secretly obsessed with Recount. They are mortified when a random scrub in LFR links meters and the serious healer is at the bottom. Barely beating the shadow priests! Sometimes...not even beating the shadow priests! WTF?! So, how do you top Recount and win the game? Heal sniping is the traditional answer, but how is it done? How does a serious healer become a world-class heal sniper? If you have tips and tricks, I'd like to hear about them. Is it zinging off flash heals? Healing pets? Standing in fire then binding heal like a champ? Is it spirit shell on CD? Shield spam with secret innervates from your druid friends? Let me know so I can beat the scrubs in LFR and link my Recount meters with pride!

10+ Year Old Account
    serious healers dont care about recount... they care if they just downed a boss or not...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rushm0r3 View Post
    Let me know so I can beat the scrubs in LFR and link my Recount meters with pride!
    There is so much wrong with this one single sentence, it made me smile...

Don't worry, disc will top the charts later in the expansion when mana can sustain the spamming of PoH and divine aegis prevents other healers from even having a chance to heal. just wait until then

10+ Year Old Account
    ... this has to be one of the stupidest threads I have seen in a while. It's LFR, I queue as DPS and go prot in DPS gear and no one cares, and I still beat people even if I am not being beat on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Facepalm. From a healers point of view, if the boss is dead, and none of the raid are dead, healing is fine. Healing on recount is the same as tanks competing with eachother for threat on a progression boss, its retarded

I am not really even sure of what the point of this thread is...