1. #1

    sub 20%: spending rage on anything other than execute

    Seems like the forum consensus is to only spending rage on execute once we reach sub 20%.

    This is what I'm currently doing:
    If I'm within a CS window and I do not have enough rage to fill every 4 GCD with exe, I go RB > WS
    During build-up I ignore RB & WS, try to fit as many non-rage GCDs, HT & BS & DR, and only spend rage on execute.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Spending rage on WS is stupid, even in CS it's far from execute. RB might need some testing.

  3. #3
    Using Rage on Raging Blow shouldn't be a problem in Execute phase, mainly because it's DPR is so high. That said, make sure you have a lot of rage inside CS windows so that you can maximize your Execute damage.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjl View Post
    Spending rage on WS is stupid, even in CS it's far from execute. RB might need some testing.
    Yes, unproc'd WS rage = execute rage, should prob specified proc'd WS which costs 10 rage at 1sec GCD.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ochron View Post
    But that still costs 30 rage...
    This. If you can 3x WS with Bloodsurge, you can execute.

  7. #7
    Mechagnome lordzed83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK Nottingham
    Posts
    565
    Well i do BT>DR>CS>EXECUTE I dont waste rage on anything else cos i dont have spare rage :P
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Well i do BT>DR>CS>EXECUTE I dont waste rage on anything else cos i dont have spare rage :P
    This is what I do also. I generally spend more rage then I can generate using Execute. Vary rarely I will throw in a RB if it happens to proc but it depends how close to 0% the mob/boss is. The closer it gets to 0% the less likely I am to use RB.

  9. #9
    Say you're just happily spamming Execute on heroic Elegon phase3 in 'zerker stance, and both Berserker Rage and CSmash were just used (you can't use again for a while). What do you all think about using BT on CD to hopefully proc enrage to buff Execute? Or, in an unlimited rage situation as I've just described, would it be better to forego BT altogether and simply maximize the raw number of Executes you can perform before the boss dies?
    GM of The Horsemen; #1 most efficient* raiding guild (13/13H 25)
    *No guild raids as little as we do (9hr/week!!) and is as progressed as we are
    Soulsmash

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsmash View Post
    Say you're just happily spamming Execute on heroic Elegon phase3 in 'zerker stance, and both Berserker Rage and CSmash were just used (you can't use again for a while). What do you all think about using BT on CD to hopefully proc enrage to buff Execute? Or, in an unlimited rage situation as I've just described, would it be better to forego BT altogether and simply maximize the raw number of Executes you can perform before the boss dies?
    Assuming infinite rage
    Assuming 100% crit on BT

    Your BT would need to do 70.3% of the damage of your non-enraged execute in order to equal just spamming execute.

    Bad, possibly flawed maths as follows.

    6 second window, 4 gcds.

    BT does X damage, Exec does 91 unenraged and 100 enraged for easy comparison sake.

    With BT
    X | 100 | 100 | 100 = 300 + x

    Without BT
    91 | 91 | 91 | 91 = 364

    364 = 300 + x
    x = 64

    64 / 91 = 70.3%

    I play fury very rarely, but I'm pretty sure my executes are around 90-110k and my BTs maybe crit for 55k with cooldowns up. Quite a ways to go in this case.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ochron View Post
    But that still costs 30 rage...
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    This. If you can 3x WS with Bloodsurge, you can execute.
    You're saying that as if one cast of procd WS costs 30 rage. There were situations where I was within a CS window with 1-2 gcds left, no RB, no BT, not enough rage to execute, sitting with a WS proc at 10 rage with my swing timer about to land in 1 sec.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Phanuel View Post
    Assuming infinite rage
    Assuming 100% crit on BT

    Your BT would need to do 70.3% of the damage of your non-enraged execute in order to equal just spamming execute.

    Bad, possibly flawed maths as follows.

    6 second window, 4 gcds.

    BT does X damage, Exec does 91 unenraged and 100 enraged for easy comparison sake.

    With BT
    X | 100 | 100 | 100 = 300 + x

    Without BT
    91 | 91 | 91 | 91 = 364

    364 = 300 + x
    x = 64

    64 / 91 = 70.3%

    I play fury very rarely, but I'm pretty sure my executes are around 90-110k and my BTs maybe crit for 55k with cooldowns up. Quite a ways to go in this case.
    I think you forgot the deep wounds component of BT. I'm pretty sure it's worth using BT to refresh it at least at the point where it's going to run out.

  13. #13
    you're ignoring an important aspect of fury as well. If you only spam execute, your mastery will drop resulting in far lower executes (i think It's +-2% 22% damage done for most warriors raidbuffed from what i've seen)

  14. #14
    Just swapping Execute with WS is the highest damage. Only use CS when you are about to execute immediately afterwards.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •