View Poll Results: Do you feel MoP is getting Repetitive / Stale?

Voters
123. This poll is closed
  • Yes

39 31.71%
  • No

84 68.29%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

MoP Stale Already...

1) Log in

2) Stare at character for 5 minutes

3) Queue up for daily random heroic

4) Mindlessly grind dailies

5) ???

6) Profit?

7) Repeat the next day

It seems as though this is becoming the norm in WoW lately. Same ole stuff, mindless grinds, staring at screen, flying in circles at city hub locations, etc etc. Raids are mindlessly boring, imho. No connection, or feeling of being attached to the lore in some way. Mantid who? Mogu who? Panda who?

Any of you feel this way?

Nobody is forcing you to play the game if it's boring to you then don't play it, simple as that.

The shine is coming off by now, I'm already starting to enjoy the game a lot less. The only thing I look forward is to raid Heart of Fear, but for the rest its just grinding the 1000 VP for the week

I still have plenty of other games that I enjoy playing trough

Deleted
    That you just don't care about lore doesn't mean there isn't any. Raids are mindlessly boring? Do you have something killed on heroic, Or at least normal? Or are you one of those... "players" that progress Garalon in LFR?

that is up to you. there tons of things to do. but looks like you are burned out on WoW. just take a break. and let other people enjoy it.

and the lore for most peopleaka war3+exp is past. lore is all fresh now. and if you took the time to quest instead of rushing to max lvl they will tell you the lore. who they are. what they do and stuff.

explore ? achievements ? pvp ? hunt rare mobs ?
    Be feared, or be fuel

Deleted
    I haven't done dailies in 2 weeks. I don't know why people feel they are forced to do it.

"I do something too much, it isn't fun anymore."

No wayyy.

I'm loving the new raids. So much fun (besides class imbalance on garalon is a bit annoying). However I do wish there was more to do, I love how they added challenge modes (still trying to get a group together for it) but I wish they added more stuff for us to do. Dailies is the wrong answer, I hope they figure something out and implement it in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The shine is coming off by now, I'm already starting to enjoy the game a lot less. The only thing I look forward is to raid Heart of Fear, but for the rest its just grinding the 1000 VP for the week

I still have plenty of other games that I enjoy playing trough
    I mean its not like MoP is necessarily a bad game. I think they could have improved it a whole lot more if they took a different direction than panda land, but they did a decent job with it. Its just kinda stale.. not really sure how else to describe it

Deleted
    I'm loving it atm. Not even doing raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    What keeps me going in times like that is to take in the lore and focus on enjoying my character specifically. Also, transmogrifying. Hunting Cata rare spawns could be something, too, such as for a rare pattern or something.

If you are bored, then don't play. I am loving MoP so far.

Nope.

It helps to cycle your dailies. Do different factions different days.

It's an expansion pack, not a brand spanking new game. It's still World of Warcraft. If you're bored of World of Warcraft as a whole, an expansion pack's not going to magically make you love the game all over again. Perhaps it is time to move on?

Ah crap. I responded to a Jaylock thread...
    Last edited by Veyne; 2012-11-09 at 04:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    OP needs to get out, or at least out of WoW. if you burn yourself out on something, don't complain about the burnout but reflect upon yourself and find out what you can do different.

tbh, I nearly burnt myself out on dailies... until I pulled the break and found out: only because they are up every day, I totally don't NEED to do them every day.

you are past that one already, OP, so you need to get away a bit until you like it again. or maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    1) Log in

5) ???

6) Profit?

7) Repeat the next day

It seems as though this is becoming the norm in WoW lately. Same ole stuff, mindless grinds, staring at screen, flying in circles at city hub locations, etc etc. Raids are mindlessly boring, imho. No connection, or feeling of being attached to the lore in some way. Mantid who? Mogu who? Panda who?

1) log in my druid
    2) daily august celestials + cooking mop/cata/LK for chef's hat
    3) 1-2 challenge modes and/or raid
    4) log in my mage
    5) bg, rbg, arena 2s and 3s
    6) log in my priest
    7) quest and xp
    8) re log in my druid
    9) venomhide ravasaur quest
    10) old achievements
    11) log in my bank
    12) make money
    13) profit

Also, randomly cata achieves (didn't play cata), rare mobs, pandaria treasures, changing my professions every 2-3 days, wild pvp, sha/warband, go solo/duo some random old raids/dungeons, farm guild achieves.

So much stuff to do.

I can understand that if you only have one char and do no bg/rbg/arena/raid/challenge (which seems to be your case), then it can be boring. But if you keep yourself out of all the fun, you can only blame yourself
    Last edited by Asgard; 2012-11-09 at 04:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

If you are really that bored already then try something different. Play a different character, or... gasp... try something other than WoW? There are lots of games out there, maybe you just need a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    1) Log in

5) ???

6) Profit?

7) Repeat the next day
    Isn't that what an MMO is? At least you get something for playing the game by randomly opting to do either dailies, or dungeons, or raid, or pvp, or even just exploring, something you didn't get in expansions prior: you grinded, did dungeons and farmed only so you could raid. They aren't connected any more, you can raid w/o rep grinds and dungeon farms, etc

Thats simply not true at all. Read the quest dialogues, do the Lorewalker stuff. The Lore is very rich, but don't expect an audiobook to tell you the story without reading it...

Staring at your character for 5 minutes does sound pretty boring! Sounds like maybe you should take a break and go play something else. That's what I usually do when I get bored with WoW.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

thats what happens when you try to rush through everything in such a short amount of time for little to no reason...