Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

Mafia game 20: Trust is the Colour of Death

IF YOU ARE NOT PLAYING, DO NOT POST HERE. THANK YOU!

General
    Once you are dead, you may only post in the thread for dead players, so do not continue to post in your faction's thread if you were in one. Also, please keep communication with alive players to a minimum so you do not give anybody an unfair advantage. If you post as a dead player in this thread, your post(s) will be deleted.
    Editing of posts after 10 minutes is forbidden.
    Deleting posts is forbidden.
    Quoting/Screenshotting/using anything provided by moderators in a PM as evidence is forbidden.

You are free to discuss whatever you want, claim whatever you want, and draw whatever conclusions you want. Just remember that anything can be faked.

Day phase

Everybody has one vote per day to use to decide who to lynch. You can always change your vote, or even have no current vote. Once a player has gotten more than half the votes, they are immediately lynched and may no longer post in the thread - if you have information you need to make public, make sure you say it before you get that last vote. It is unofficially night once the last vote is placed and no one is allowed to post. Any posts made will be deleted.

Put your decision in Bold Letters (ex: UNVOTE VOTE XXXXXXX)
    To vote for someone, use "VOTE: [Player]"
    To remove your vote, use "UNVOTE" on a line by itself.
    To change your vote, use "UNVOTE VOTE: [OtherPlayer] to cancel your previous vote and change the vote to lynch [OtherPlayer]
    To vote for a no-lynch, use VOTE: NO-LYNCH
    A vote that is not bolded will not count. Both the word "vote" and the player name need to be bolded.

To peg someone as a suspicious candidate that you would potentially vote for, without actually voting, use the Finger of Suspicion; FoS: Worgenite
    If you feel that just pointing a finger isn't strong enough, you may use Hand of Suspicion; HoS: Worgenite

Night phase
    The Doctor will choose one person to protect at night. A protected target is invunerable to one night kill for the duration of that night.
    The Serial Killer will choose one person to assassinate.
    Mafia will each select one of their own to carry out their night kill.
    The Cop investigates one player per night, and will receive results in the form of Town/Mafia.
    The order of night actions is as follows: Protections>SK kills*>Mafia team kills>Investigations>Blood Thirsty Townie.

*Mafia targeting a SK Ninja will encounter him before the SK completes his kill, unless the SK has targeted the Mafia assassin.

No players are allowed to discuss anything in the game thread (this thread) at this time (it's night, you're asleep!). Any posts made during this time will be deleted! Night begins once the final vote is cast!

Roles
    Role: Vanilla Townie
    Ability: Your vote is your weapon. You have no night action.
    Win condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
    Role: Cop
    Ability: Investigate - Each night phase, you may investigate one player in the game by naming the player in your faction thread. You will get the results back in the form of Mafia/Town.
    Win Condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
    Role: Doctor
    Ability: First Aid - At night you may choose a player to protect from 1 kill. You cannot choose the same target to protect twice in a row.
    Win condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Role: Mafia Goon
    Abilities: Factional communication - You may talk with your partners here.
    Factional kill - Each night phase, you and your partners may perform the factional kill.
    Restlessness - You will grow restless if you do not attempt to take someones life for five consecutive nights and commit suicide.
    Win condition: You win when all Townies and Werewolves have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Role: Serial Killer
    Abilities: Kill - You will pick a target to assassinate each night.
    Bulletproof Vest - Your vest will protect you from one night kill. The vest is passive. You will not be notified when your vest is used.
    Win Condition: You win when all Townies and Goons have been eliminated.

Sub Types: You must pick what type of killer you both will be. This choice is permanent, so choose wisely.
    Cannibal - You hunger for human flesh! You will store your victim's bodies in your industrial freezer and prevent their role from being revealed the next day. If you die the bodies will be found by the Mafia/Town. .

Strongman - You are an unstoppable killing machine! Equipped with an automatic rifle, you will kill players even if they are protected by the doctor. Your strength seeps into your Bulletproof vest which will protect you from two night kills.

Ninja - You are a deadly night Assassin! Armed with Ninja weapons and extreme stealth training. You have a keen eye and notice anything that happens around you. Should you be targeted by a night kill, you will attempt to retaliate and kill whoever tried to kill you instead of your intended target, if your vest allows you to survive long enough.

Flaws
    A player is unaware of any flaws they may or may not have. A flaw is revealed to the town upon the death of a player with a flaw. Only Vanilla Townies have flaws.

Flaw: Blood Thirsty
    Each night after a day with no lynch, you will feel the surge for blood. You will arise, sleep walking, get out of your house and enter a house of a random town aligned player and kill that player. You will then return to your home.

Composition

Town
    9 Vanilla Townie (VT)
    1 Cop
    1 Doc

Scum
    4 Mafia

Independant hostile
    1 Serial Killer (SK)

Flaws
    A VT may have a Flaw.

2 Blood Thirsty

Alive Players
    Dyra
    Eniah
    Kisuro
    rolo4804
    Silkku
    Worgenite

Dead Players
    Krayzy - VT
    listo95 - ??
    Majad - VT
    NightFury Treann - ??
    Lysah - VT
    kel - VT
    The Dwarf Lover - BT VT
    Firebert - VT
    Decagon - ??
    Anakso - Mafia
    Worgenite - ??
    rolo4804 - VT

Voting Record
    Day 1
    Quote Originally Posted by keleb View Post
    Worgenite (1): Lysah
    Majad (2): Silkku, rolo4804
    Krayzy (9): Anakso, Decagon, Krayzy, Kisuro, Majad, Dyra, Worgenite, kel, The Dwarf Lover
    Day 2
    Decagon (1): Worgenite
    The Dwarf Lover (2): Dyra, Eniah
    rolo4804 (2): Decagon, rolo4804
    Eniah (1): Silkku
    Lysah (1): Anakso
    Anakso (1): Lysah
    Day 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Decagon(1): Eniah
    Firebert(5): Worgen, Dyra, Silkku, Anakso, rolo
    Day 4
    Dyra (1): Anakso
    Anakso (4): Silkku, Worgenite, rolo4804, Kisuro
    Silkku (1): Dyra

Morning Messages
    Day 2
    Dawn comes to the town of Vanilla. After having their morning oatmeal porridge, slice of bread and cup of tea or something else, the inhabitants get out to start their daily lives. It soon becomes clear that everything is not what it was when they went to bed yesterday. The most obvious thing is Majad sitting against the door of the town hall. If the pale face, blood marks on the door and pool of blood below him wasn't enough indication that Majad is no longer alive, the two bullet wholes in his body, one to the head and the other to his stomach makes it clear. A search of his body reveals nothing of real interest. It seems he was just a regular townie. Just as the town are about to go back to their normal work, someone notices that listo95 is nowhere to be seen. Perhaps he's still sleeping? But a search of his house reveals nothing. He's missing without a trace.

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch
    Deadline is Wed 09:59 EST (UTC -5)
    Wed 14:59 GMT (UTC ±0)
    Wed 15:59 CET (UTC +1)
    Wed 23:59 AWST (UTC +8)
    Day 3
    Early in the morning the sun rises, red, and everyone in the town feels a bit gloom, because they can foresee what they will soon find. On the pavement of the main street of Vanilla, they find Lysah. The wall behind is filled with bullet wholes, and so is Lysah. It looks like someone was to lazy even to get out of their car to do the deed and settled for a drive by, but the success was the same. A search reveals nothing of interest. It seems Lysah was just a regular townie.
    After that, they notice three townies missing, kel, NightFury Treann and The Dwarf Lover. As he was the focus of yesterday, the town decides to take a look at his house. They don't find much though, an unmade bed, a painting hanging askew on a wall and an overturned chair. No sign of The Dwarf Lover. Perhaps he's just out buying milk?
    As NightFury Treann lives just a few doors away they decide to go there next. Again they find nothing. There's a picture frame on the table. The picture seems to be that of an old woman. The town decides NightFury Treann has gone to visit grandma.
    Finally the town turns to kel's house. Suprisingly they find both The Dwarf Lover and kel there, although they can't see it's kel at first, as The Dwarf Lover is holding and pressing a pillow over his head. As they rush to help kel though, they notice that he's not moving and the ligature marks of fingers around The Dwarf Lover's neck reveals that his heart is beating at the same pace as kel's. A quick look into The Dwarf Lover's reveals something extraordinary. Both his irises and the whites of his eyes are blood red. He must have been a Blood Thirsty Townie. A look around kel's house reveals that kel was just a regular townie.

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
    Deadline for day 3 is Sat 04:59 EST (UTC -5)
    Sat 09:59 GMT (UTC ±0)
    Sat 17:59 AWST (UTC +8)
    Day 4
    Just as suddenly as the sun set yesterday, the sun rises to a new day. All of a sudden the sun is high in the sky. Walking out of their homes the town feels a bit happier today than going to bed yesterday and they feel even more happier when there are no corpses to greet them. However, they soon realise that Decagon is not with them and is no where to be found, his house empty. Someone finds a 10 year old brochure featuring a beach somewhere and the town comes to the conclusion that Decagon felt he needed a long holiday.

It is now day.
    Deadline for Day 4 is
    Mon 06:59 EST (UTC -5)
    Mon 11:59 GMT (UTC ±0)
    Mon 19:59 AWST (UTC +8)

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch
    Day 5
    Quietly the sun rises over the town of Vanilla. As the few townies step outside it quickly becomes clear to them that two of them are missing. One - rolo4804 - they find quickly. He's lying not many paces away from his front door. The perfectly round bullet whole between his eyes makes it perfectly clear to everyone that he's dead. A search of him and his home reveals he's just a normal townie. A search for Worgenite, the second missing person turns out to be harder. He's no where to be found. The only trace is some strange muddy footsteps leading away from his back door towards the forest. Someone mentions that perhaps Worgenite turned into a dragon, someone else that he turned into a Werewolf and ran into the forest to howl at the moon but the latter suggestion is quickly subdued, everyone knows there's no such things as werewolves. The town concludes that Worgenite turned into a massive dragon and flew - despite the clear foot trails - away to capture a princess and lock her away in a far far away tower.

It is now day.
    With 4 alive it takes 3 to lynch.
    Deadline for Day 5 is
    Wed 17:59 EST (UTC -5)
    Wed 22:59 GMT (UTC ±0)
    Thu 06:59 AWST (UTC +8)
    Changes
    See this post

Deadline for Day 1 is:
    Sunday 11:59 EST (UTC -5)
    Times are always given in 24-hour format.

Sunday 08:59 PST (UTC -8)
    Sunday 16:59 GMT (UTC ±0)
    Sunday 17:59 CET (UTC +1)
    Monday 00:59 AWST (UTC +8)
    If your zone is not listed you can check this image on wikipedia.

With 16 people alive it takes 9 to lynch
    Last edited by keleb; 2012-11-19 at 10:19 PM.

Hello town
    게임 은 어렵~~

10+ Year Old Account
    New game yay

KELBERG!

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 12:37 AM ----------

Ohhhhhhh flawed VTs!
    That's interesting. Finally a good enough reason not to no lynch on D1 that maybe we actually won't!

One thing that I forgot to add in the top post:

Flavour messages will indicate (more or less) as to who (role) committed a murder. This is intentional. It will only be an indication and there'll be no confirmation in plain text.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, missed the start b/c I was on the crapper!

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

One thing that I forgot to add in the top post:

Flavour messages will indicate (more or less) as to who (role) committed a murder. This is intentional. It will only be an indication and there'll be no confirmation in plain text.
    An example of this for a Cannibal SK if the Cannibal would leave a corpse would be that there were chew marks on the corpse (a very clear indication (there are no wolves)) or that there were parts of the body missing (slightly less clear) or that there was a very sharp thin knife (fillet knife) left at the scene (even less clear).

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 05:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    That was more information than I needed thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    One post in a one page thread?

Vote Worgenite
    Gonna lurk just like last game so no one knows you're scum, eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Vote treann

Didn't get first post.
    Clearly intentionally lurking even more than worg!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    One post in a one page thread?

Vote Worgenite
    Gonna lurk just like last game so no one knows you're scum, eh?
    You have one post too!

Vote Lysah

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, a new game is up.
    I like the simple composition and I like the flawed townies thing, should be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kisuro only has one post too!
    Someone get on this.

List up some of the updates for this game
    • Added requirement of bolded vote
    • Some additions to Strongman and Ninja sub types
    • Removal of direct and indirect mentions to roles not in the game in the OP
    • A few more words bolded for emphasis in the OP
    • Addition of flaws
    • Hints towards killer in flavour message. (see this post and the one two below)
    • Addition of Restlessness in the Mafia role
    Last edited by keleb; 2012-11-09 at 05:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Kisuro only has one post too!
    Someone get on this.
    Yes, I do.
    Whoops, I don't anymore, WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

BETTER START THE GAME AND ALL THE TALKING WHEN I'M ALWAYS AWAY DAMMIT!

Vote: Nightfury Treann
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    BETTER START THE GAME AND ALL THE TALKING WHEN I'M ALWAYS AWAY DAMMIT!

Vote: Nightfury Treann
    ok

Vote NFT
    게임 은 어렵~~

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't wake up until almost noon today. That could mean I am scum seeing as how I am up all night.

FoS Myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay for a new game with a computer that will hopefully not die on me!

Deleted
    What is this new "flaw" system? Something mod(s) do to "randomly" kill people when town can't decide who to lynch?

Deleted
    FoS myself for only seeing the thread now.... <.<

Deleted
    What is that picture o.O
    VOTE MAJAD