Thread: TFB nerfed

Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    TFB nerfed

    "we are going to be trying out a change on the PTR where Taste for Blood will only be able to stack to a maximum of three".


    so let me get this straight-blizz has already nerfed heroic throw glyph,charge stun,warrior fear,avatar and now tfb,lmfao."did i forget anything else"as i said many times before,the warrior class is one big nerf/joke.everyone of our ability's is a nerfed version of it former self.anything new/fun warriors get,either gets removed or nerfed asap,while other classes are left untouched/nerfed for hole x-pacs "mages shammys,rogues in cata"warriors were the worst pvp class the last few seasons of cata,while other classes stayed on top throughout the entire x-pac.now warriors are good again in pvp and get hit with nerfs left and right 1 1/2 months into a new x-pac,lmfao.

    on top of all these nerfs,i just scrolled throw billzzs official forums where they announced this nerf.and there are players in there still asking for more nerfs lmfao.you guessed it they are asking for shock wave and 2nd wind to be nerfed "and they will be sooner or later just so blizz can make 1500 rated mage player happy"this is not surprising to me at all,as i have slowly watched blizz destroy the warrior class in pvp since BC.with every new x-pac one thinks/hopes blizz finally learned from past mistakes,but its the same shit different day with warriors.nerf the little utility warriors have,then finish them off by nerfing there damage.

    im glad i only played mop for 1 month because this shit has run it course with me.i see mostly 1500 players with all deadly gear on with maybe 1 piece of malevolent gear complain g about warriors.how in hell cant a so called pvper not be in almost full malevolent gear in by now?

    in before the trolls-watch how many non warrior players come in here and talk shit to me/call me a troll.the name meathead fits you meathead lmfao.i only post on the warrior and pvp forums,players of other classes that come in here to talk shit are the trolls not i.
    Last edited by meathead; 2012-11-09 at 04:55 PM.

  2. #2
    I'm a warrior and I support these nerfs.

  3. #3
    The Patient Meqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    212
    Are you trying to defend warriors? LOL

  4. #4
    I have a warrior and I'm ok with this. Will maybe stop so much whining. It is so hard and rare to get a 5 stack in PVP it won't be game breaking. Like you say just whiners that think its easy to get will be happy and thus move on to something else.

  5. #5
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,402
    welcome to the club

    - hunters
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K @ 4.8GHz
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x4GB 1600Mhz
    VGA: XFX Radeon HD 6990
    Drive: 1 x OCZ Vertex 3 240Gb + 1 x WD Caviar Black 1TB
    PSU: Corsair AX850W Case: Cooler Master HAF X CPU Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14

  6. #6
    Well well well, I bet this was a level headed and objectively written post by someone who just didn't see the news and explode in rage. 5 stacks of TFB and blowing CD, everything is rolling over. I'm surprised 500%+ Heroic strikes even made it to live without someone at Blizzard questioning it. 5 stacks of TFB back to back is statistically rare, but factor in the fact you can get 2x mortal strikes in to proc OP in a TFB window it's not that rare.

    Also I'd wager people are asking them buffs by comparing them to warriors on live. All the buffs and utilities we have currently is just insane, I've never felt the class feel so powerful since 60. It's hardly a surprise when you pop your 3 minute hero CD, or lockout casters, or stick to a class like glue that nerfs are called by many classes across the board.

    So tell me, why should TFB be left unnerfed, and remember this is still the PTR things change (See Pyroblast CD)

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by warpath2k View Post
    I have a warrior and I'm ok with this. Will maybe stop so much whining. It is so hard and rare to get a 5 stack in PVP it won't be game breaking. Like you say just whiners that think its easy to get will be happy and thus move on to something else.
    and thats half my point,they will just move on and nerf something else.they are asking for 2ed wind and shock wave to be nerfed now.do i think avatar should ahve been nerfed,no not when its a 3 min cd.our fear nope, silence on pummel yes but not on heroic throw.the nerf to tfb just makes us weaker "even though rare" in both pvp and pve.

    what i was trying to say is warriors get the wrong abilities nerfed and then they nerf our damage making us useless.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 12:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    Well well well, I bet this was a level headed and objectively written post by someone who just didn't see the news and explode in rage. 5 stacks of TFB and blowing CD, everything is rolling over. I'm surprised 500%+ Heroic strikes even made it to live without someone at Blizzard questioning it. 5 stacks of TFB back to back is statistically rare, but factor in the fact you can get 2x mortal strikes in to proc OP in a TFB window it's not that rare.

    Also I'd wager people are asking them buffs by comparing them to warriors on live. All the buffs and utilities we have currently is just insane, I've never felt the class feel so powerful since 60. It's hardly a surprise when you pop your 3 minute hero CD, or lockout casters, or stick to a class like glue that nerfs are called by many classes across the board.

    So tell me, why should TFB be left unnerfed, and remember this is still the PTR things change (See Pyroblast CD)
    whats more rare a 5 stack of tfb or a lock blasting you for 150k+ with chaos bolt?did they nerf chaos bolt,didnt think so.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    "we are going to be trying out a change on the PTR where Taste for Blood will only be able to stack to a maximum of three".


    so let me get this straight-blizz has already nerfed heroic throw glyph,charge stun,warrior fear,avatar and now tfb,lmfao."did i forget anything else"as i said many times before,the warrior class is one big nerf/joke.everyone of our ability's is a nerfed version of it former self.anything new/fun warriors get,either gets removed or nerfed asap,while other classes are left untouched/nerfed for hole x-pacs "mages shammys,rogues in cata"warriors were the worst pvp class the last few seasons of cata,while other classes stayed on top throughout the entire x-pac.now warriors are good again in pvp and get hit with nerfs left and right 1 1/2 months into a new x-pac,lmfao.

    on top of all these nerfs,i just scrolled throw billzzs official forums where they announced this nerf.and there are players in there still asking for more nerfs lmfao.you guessed it they are asking for shock wave and 2nd wind to be nerfed "and they will be sooner or later just so blizz can make 1500 rated mage player happy"this is not surprising to me at all,as i have slowly watched blizz destroy the warrior class in pvp since BC.with every new x-pac one thinks/hopes blizz finally learned from past mistakes,but its the same shit different day with warriors.nerf the little utility warriors have,then finish them off by nerfing there damage.

    im glad i only played mop for 1 month because this shit has run it course with me.i see mostly 1500 players with all deadly gear on with maybe 1 piece of malevolent gear complain g about warriors.how in hell cant a so called pvper not be in almost full malevolent gear in by now?

    in before the trolls-watch how many non warrior players come in here and talk shit to me/call me a troll.the name meathead fits you meathead lmfao.i only post on the warrior and pvp forums,players of other classes that come in here to talk shit are the trolls not i.
    Firstly let me start by stating that people have this 'need' to complain about the classes with "obvious killing potential". A warrior pops all their cds when you are half hp and people complain "are you kidding me, I died?!" but MAJORITY of classes can do this in one way or another. So don't expect people to have any sympathy as I noticed on these forums that most people ride the "Warriors are OP, need nerfs, warrior players are all losers" type feel.

    Secondly, I think the TFB nerf SHOULD come in, not because I think it is OP but because of how rare it is, it will at least stop the QQ circling the web, forums, youtube etc. People for some reason are complaining about the effort required to "monitor a buff and cc accordingly" but.. I don't get the issue.

    Lastly, Warriors are broken because of their control over a target. The silences combine with warrior burst allowed warriors to lock out a player whilst 100-0'in the player which is broken. I believe however, that it should of been pummel silence removed, heroic thrown left there, cooldown increased to 45 seconds. The changes to avatar are silly, I know warrior friends who already have trouble with catching up to mages to punish them, with this change we will see a lot of wasted CD's and a lot of upset warriors.

    TL;DR Warriors are broken, they needed some nerfs, especially in the 'silencing department' but were not broken due to TFB or avatar and they shouldnt of been nerfed here, the fear change is marginal as it still is a large CC with a relatively short CD.

    P.s. No I am not a warrior, I just am a supporter of balanced PvP.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    did they nerf chaos bolt,didnt think so.
    But they did.........

  10. #10
    warriors have always been at the bottom of the food chain, all the changes are justified to keep them there.

  11. #11
    I think TfB should be nerfed but I feel they may go overboard on the total nerfs to the class. I play a warrior and sure getting a 5 stack and winning a game just because you one shot somebody is funny but it isn't balanced at all.

    This was from a 2s game last night.

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,520
    Hopefully some of the changes will be reversed, but this is one that needed to happen. I only hope that it's accompanied by a proc rate increase.
    Sunglasses and Advil, last night was mad real. Sun coming up, 5 a.m., I wonder if they got cabs still?
    Thinking 'bout the girl in all leopard who was rubbing the wood like Kiki Shepherd
    Two tattoos: one read "No Apologies". The other said "Love is Cursed by Monogamy"

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    "we are going to be trying out a change on the PTR where Taste for Blood will only be able to stack to a maximum of three".


    so let me get this straight-blizz has already nerfed heroic throw glyph,charge stun,warrior fear,avatar and now tfb,lmfao."did i forget anything else"as i said many times before,the warrior class is one big nerf/joke.everyone of our ability's is a nerfed version of it former self.anything new/fun warriors get,either gets removed or nerfed asap,while other classes are left untouched/nerfed for hole x-pacs "mages shammys,rogues in cata"warriors were the worst pvp class the last few seasons of cata,while other classes stayed on top throughout the entire x-pac.now warriors are good again in pvp and get hit with nerfs left and right 1 1/2 months into a new x-pac,lmfao.

    on top of all these nerfs,i just scrolled throw billzzs official forums where they announced this nerf.and there are players in there still asking for more nerfs lmfao.you guessed it they are asking for shock wave and 2nd wind to be nerfed "and they will be sooner or later just so blizz can make 1500 rated mage player happy"this is not surprising to me at all,as i have slowly watched blizz destroy the warrior class in pvp since BC.with every new x-pac one thinks/hopes blizz finally learned from past mistakes,but its the same shit different day with warriors.nerf the little utility warriors have,then finish them off by nerfing there damage.

    im glad i only played mop for 1 month because this shit has run it course with me.i see mostly 1500 players with all deadly gear on with maybe 1 piece of malevolent gear complain g about warriors.how in hell cant a so called pvper not be in almost full malevolent gear in by now?

    in before the trolls-watch how many non warrior players come in here and talk shit to me/call me a troll.the name meathead fits you meathead lmfao.i only post on the warrior and pvp forums,players of other classes that come in here to talk shit are the trolls not i.
    They're needed nerfs because their mechanics are broken.

    - Gag order on pummel is lowering skillcap because it doesn't matter wether you land an interrupt or not.
    - TFB is just stupidly overpowered, my warrior crit a hunter for 400k a week ago.

    If you don't realise this you're incredibly ignorant.

  14. #14
    Herald of the Titans Santti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,914
    Would you have preferred those abilities would have never been so powerful, that they would have always been like they are going to be in the next patch? There would have never been any nerfs then. Would you have been happy then? Imagine that for a moment, and you realize how crazy you sound.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    "we are going to be trying out a change on the PTR where Taste for Blood will only be able to stack to a maximum of three".


    so let me get this straight-blizz has already nerfed heroic throw glyph,charge stun,warrior fear,avatar and now tfb,lmfao."did i forget anything else"as i said many times before,the warrior class is one big nerf/joke.everyone of our ability's is a nerfed version of it former self.anything new/fun warriors get,either gets removed or nerfed asap,while other classes are left untouched/nerfed for hole x-pacs "mages shammys,rogues in cata"warriors were the worst pvp class the last few seasons of cata,while other classes stayed on top throughout the entire x-pac.now warriors are good again in pvp and get hit with nerfs left and right 1 1/2 months into a new x-pac,lmfao.

    on top of all these nerfs,i just scrolled throw billzzs official forums where they announced this nerf.and there are players in there still asking for more nerfs lmfao.you guessed it they are asking for shock wave and 2nd wind to be nerfed "and they will be sooner or later just so blizz can make 1500 rated mage player happy"this is not surprising to me at all,as i have slowly watched blizz destroy the warrior class in pvp since BC.with every new x-pac one thinks/hopes blizz finally learned from past mistakes,but its the same shit different day with warriors.nerf the little utility warriors have,then finish them off by nerfing there damage.

    im glad i only played mop for 1 month because this shit has run it course with me.i see mostly 1500 players with all deadly gear on with maybe 1 piece of malevolent gear complain g about warriors.how in hell cant a so called pvper not be in almost full malevolent gear in by now?

    in before the trolls-watch how many non warrior players come in here and talk shit to me/call me a troll.the name meathead fits you meathead lmfao.i only post on the warrior and pvp forums,players of other classes that come in here to talk shit are the trolls not i.
    you know blizzard wants all classes close to the rogue mobilitie/dmg. so your in for some more nerfs.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    Well well well, I bet this was a level headed and objectively written post by someone who just didn't see the news and explode in rage. 5 stacks of TFB and blowing CD, everything is rolling over. I'm surprised 500%+ Heroic strikes even made it to live without someone at Blizzard questioning it. 5 stacks of TFB back to back is statistically rare, but factor in the fact you can get 2x mortal strikes in to proc OP in a TFB window it's not that rare.

    Also I'd wager people are asking them buffs by comparing them to warriors on live. All the buffs and utilities we have currently is just insane, I've never felt the class feel so powerful since 60. It's hardly a surprise when you pop your 3 minute hero CD, or lockout casters, or stick to a class like glue that nerfs are called by many classes across the board.

    So tell me, why should TFB be left unnerfed, and remember this is still the PTR things change (See Pyroblast CD)
    Soo doing the exact same thing with Chaos Bolt is perfectly fine ? lol

    The system for Chaos Bolt is guaranteed too, not RNG based procs.

  17. #17
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorondil View Post
    I'm a warrior and I support these nerfs.
    Same. Don't listen to this guy since he has no idea what he's talking about and even denies Warrior burst being OP.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    Soo doing the exact same thing with Chaos Bolt is perfectly fine ? lol

    The system for Chaos Bolt is guaranteed too, not RNG based procs.
    Chaos bolt can be countered, an instant 200k+ crit can't.

    Also, it's funny to read all this bitching about Chaos Bolt. You obviously haven't played arena on a decent rating this season, because I met like 5 warlock teams in over 150 games.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by ILIEKSKITTLES View Post
    Chaos bolt can be countered, an instant 200k+ crit can't.

    Also, it's funny to read all this bitching about Chaos Bolt. You obviously haven't played arena on a decent rating this season, because I met like 5 warlock teams in over 150 games.
    Im an 8 time Gladiator, i find it funny how youre defending Chaos Bolt.

    Taste for Blood stacks can be completely prevented, Burning Embers cannot.

    Oh maybe you dont play a Warlock, because theres a little something called unending resolve which makes your casts unpreventable, meaning no silences and interrupts while active for 8 seconds, in addition to reducing damage on you by 40%.

    You can also double that output my putting Havok on another target, doing equal damage to that target. Meaning during that cast time of less than a few seconds you can throw out two Chaos bolts doing roughly 500k total damage.

    Quit trying to act like you play at a higher rating than me, because you dont.

    P.S - I play every class at max level, i have plenty of experience with all classes. Chaos Bolt is far more overpowered than lucky TFB procs which can and are entirely prevented by players who are paying attention and know how to play the game.
    Last edited by Punctured; 2012-11-09 at 06:30 PM.

  20. #20
    Warrior play feels like a warrior for the 1st time in a very long time. I agree warriors took the back seat for the greater part of Cata and they deserved the love they received in the early panda expac. And now, they need a nerf big time. But, Father Blizzard is going too far with the nerf bat. This strongly suggests father blizzard is clueless and they don't know what the hell they are doing. Coming out of the panda beta warriors shouldn't have had the opt for 3 different silences and a spell reflect all on shorter than avg CDs and a stun lock ability with combos of heroic leap, double charge, shockwave and intimidating shout. Add in 4 self dmg buffs and off the charts burst dmg. Great cc, great survivability and great burst dmg and it all got out of the beta - someway somehow. I think it's time for blizz to let competent ppl test their games, ppl who aren't biased and dont promote their main class. I agree a nerf is currently needed - I agree the proposed nerf is way too much and I don't even play a warrior other than an alt.
    Last edited by Luxeley; 2012-11-09 at 06:30 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •