Thread: TFB nerfed

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by ILIEKSKITTLES View Post
    So you're saying you're losing to locks that use a defensive cd to cast chaos bolt? 8 time glad? Link armory please, I have to see this.
    Nope, i dont link to bad players, especially my main account.

    Did i say that im dying to Warlocks ? Nope, i said i know how to play one and i can easily do double the amount of damage that a CD Stacked Heroic Strike can do in a 3 second cast period.

    People like you continue to deny that things are overpowered because you do not care for balance, you only care about your class being good.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    So you quit because they nerf something


    hahahah not sure if srs but maybe u are just playing since cata who knows

    Deal with it wont be the last Nerf
    where did i say that?o thats right i never did.i quit wow because the game is a shell of its former self.pvp is fucked up more then ever,like i said it would be before mop started.also as i stated many times i think rbgs are the most balanced form of pvp in wow and blizz wants to shift pvpers from arena to rbgs,with that being said again,i only pvp.so ruining rbgs and a shit ton of dailys "gayness" is not what i call fun and not worth my $.

    like i stated in this thread,i been playing on and off since BC,so no im not a cata baby.i actually got to play this game when it was much much better,even though i was a noob back then.and of course this will not be the last warrior nerf,thats why i made this thread. everything about the warrior class is one big nerf. everything from hamstring-MS-op- to avatar is just one big nerf.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 11:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle View Post
    I say good riddance, I never liked taste for blood anyways. Having stuff in the game where the stars have to align in order to use is just not a smart game design, us warriors getting 5 stacks of TfB (even though that is pretty rare, I usually only get 1 or 2 in entire raids) or warlocks needing everything to go right at the same time in order to get off chaos bolt, which any vague attempt to hinder the warlock will surely cancel it.

    With this nerf hopefully Blizzard will undo the changes to some of our previous abilities, or they should if they have any knowledge of what they are doing. Maybe bring Gag Order pack into PvP, they took away our 20 second rampage and without it we will be very vulnerable to casters.
    blizz will not revert any of the changes/nerfs they dished out to warriors,its just not going to happen.since they nerfed heroic throw glyph,i would love to see them bring back unrelenting assault.that would give warriors some protection/reduced damage against casters,but thats not going to happen either.

    charge your target and op them during a cast "lol instant casts" then they root/cc you and blink away.caster starts dpsing you while warrior is cc'ed but the caster is doing 50% less damage will UA is up.not going to happen though.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 11:26 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    Nope, i dont link to bad players, especially my main account.

    Did i say that im dying to Warlocks ? Nope, i said i know how to play one and i can easily do double the amount of damage that a CD Stacked Heroic Strike can do in a 3 second cast period.

    People like you continue to deny that things are overpowered because you do not care for balance, you only care about your class being good.
    i agree 100% with you-i have been saying locks and dks hell even mages do more damage then warriors do without even popping cds.frost blows every class out of the water damage wise,and no1 hits has hard as locks do.but people just want warriors nerfed,while other classes/parts of pvp are fucked up.

    did you see that pic that guy posted of his damage in arena on here?the only attack that did any real damage was a 5 stack of tfb and that was 200k lol.8k ops,20 ms,lmfao,and people still call for warrior nerfs.yeah those scary 8k op's are really op'ed.
    Last edited by meathead; 2012-11-10 at 04:32 AM.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    whats more rare a 5 stack of tfb or a lock blasting you for 150k+ with chaos bolt?did they nerf chaos bolt,didnt think so.
    Your name suits you.
    Chaos Bolt is on a 3 sec Cast Time and the Warlock, unless spec'd into Kil'Jaeden's Cunning, cannot move while casting. Even if they use Unending Reolve, you can still fear, stun, etc. If you haven't noticed, Warriors have all of these things. In conjunction, with PvP resilience, Chaos Bolt should NEVER hit over 100k on a player unless they're poorly geared, which one can assume you are as you're complainging about Warlocks. You also ignore the fact that Chaos Bolt costs Burning Embers, which are both a Warlock's survivability AND utility resource should they be using pet-sac/revive. You need to learn about other classes before you complain. Warriors are, by far, the strongest class in game currently in PvP. Just because you feel entitled to having a one-shot macro doesn't mean you should.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    Im an 8 time Gladiator, i find it funny how youre defending Chaos Bolt.

    Taste for Blood stacks can be completely prevented, Burning Embers cannot.

    Oh maybe you dont play a Warlock, because theres a little something called unending resolve which makes your casts unpreventable, meaning no silences and interrupts while active for 8 seconds, in addition to reducing damage on you by 40%.

    You can also double that output my putting Havok on another target, doing equal damage to that target. Meaning during that cast time of less than a few seconds you can throw out two Chaos bolts doing roughly 500k total damage.

    Quit trying to act like you play at a higher rating than me, because you dont.

    P.S - I play every class at max level, i have plenty of experience with all classes. Chaos Bolt is far more overpowered than lucky TFB procs which can and are entirely prevented by players who are paying attention and know how to play the game.
    Kidney shot.
    Just calm down.
    My Stream - My Youtube Channel

  5. #45
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    Nope, i dont link to bad players, especially my main account.

    Did i say that im dying to Warlocks ? Nope, i said i know how to play one and i can easily do double the amount of damage that a CD Stacked Heroic Strike can do in a 3 second cast period.

    People like you continue to deny that things are overpowered because you do not care for balance, you only care about your class being good.
    Not hard to find your account.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tured/advanced

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    Your name suits you.
    Chaos Bolt is on a 3 sec Cast Time and the Warlock, unless spec'd into Kil'Jaeden's Cunning, cannot move while casting. Even if they use Unending Reolve, you can still fear, stun, etc. If you haven't noticed, Warriors have all of these things. In conjunction, with PvP resilience, Chaos Bolt should NEVER hit over 100k on a player unless they're poorly geared, which one can assume you are as you're complainging about Warlocks. You also ignore the fact that Chaos Bolt costs Burning Embers, which are both a Warlock's survivability AND utility resource should they be using pet-sac/revive. You need to learn about other classes before you complain. Warriors are, by far, the strongest class in game currently in PvP. Just because you feel entitled to having a one-shot macro doesn't mean you should.
    read my first post troll,name calling because your mad im right i find it funny how you say o chaos bolt is a 3 sec cast time unless this or that.5 stack of tfb a warrior has to be right on his target to use it.why not blood fear/fear,port away,slow,the warrior when he walks up to you with a 5 stack?botton line is chaos hits hard and you cant do shit to stop it from 40 yards away.well a warrior could silence the lock with heroic throw,o wait thats been nerfed lol.

    "Chaos Bolt should NEVER hit over 100k on a player unless they're poorly geared, which one can assume you are as you're complainging about Warlocks.
    "
    thats just a straight up lie and you know it.i guessing you main a lock so you want warrior nerfed and lock buffed.100k hit from chaos bolt is actually not bad at all,they usually hit much hard then that.i have not played wow in 2-3 weeks,but before i quit i already had my pvp weapons and all mael/dead pvp gear for both tanking and arms.you have no clue what you talk about because your trying to say im poorly gear and thats why chaos hits so hard,lmfao at your fail post troll.

    or maybe its just you,maybe your gear sucks and you chaos bolt only hit for 100k?
    Last edited by meathead; 2012-11-10 at 04:46 PM.

  7. #47
    Herald of the Titans Kezool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    2,752
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    read my first post troll,name calling because your mad im right i find it funny how you say o chaos bolt is a 3 sec cast time unless this or that.5 stack of tfb a warrior has to be right on his target to use it.why not blood fear/fear,port away,slow,the warrior when he walks up to you with a 5 stack?botton line is chaos hits hard and you cant do shit to stop it from 40 yards away.well a warrior could silence the lock with heroic throw,o wait thats been nerfed lol.

    "Chaos Bolt should NEVER hit over 100k on a player unless they're poorly geared, which one can assume you are as you're complainging about Warlocks.
    "
    thats just a straight up lie and you know it.i guessing you main a lock so you want warrior nerfed and lock buffed.100k hit from chaos bolt is actually not bad at all,they usually hit much hard then that.i have not played wow in 2-3 weeks,but before i quit i already had my pvp weapons and all mael/dead pvp gear for both tanking and arms.you have no clue what you talk about because your trying to say im poorly gear and thats why chaos hits so hard,lmfao at your fail post troll.
    Are you really still doing this? You've been whining about warriors so many patches now and yet somehow we've managed to stay somewhat competitive. Not as good as some, of course, but there's 11 classes currently in game and let's imagine that 5 of those are on somewhat equal footing with the other 6 left behind; nothing suggests warriors must be in the top 5 or bottom 6, all we can say with certainty is that we're going to somewhere, and not all too bad for it.

    You on the other hand, while you may have a point, conduct your argument in a really poor manner. You spend so much time being smug and arrogant that you don't actually read what other people got to say to you. If they, god forbid, give you the impression of not having the same issues, you go full defensive mode and say they're shit and play at a level far beneath that of your fine self. You have so many logical fallacies that it really doesn't matter if you actually are on to something when you can't construct it worth a damn. Just quit the game if you aren't happy, that is the only option left for you because you're too damn dumb to construct an argument in a way that may, or may not, prompt change.

    Also, on topic: TFB nerfed to 3 charges is a good change. Lowers the potential DPR and DPE but it is a change that'll simply smooth the curve. The big spikes will be gone, but to compensate you'll have more medium sized spikes.

    Comparing it to Chaos bolt isn't really valid, and I hope you see why once you calm down.
    Live in fear, for the bullsquirrel is near.

    The entire internet needs to be aware of this

  8. #48
    I dont mind them nerfing 5 stack tfb. It was bad for the game and I am glad that they did nerf it, but it also affects pve and arms warriors are already a bit lackluster. I do hope that they do keep it in mind and can squelch out a buff somewhere else.

  9. #49
    Herald of the Titans Dannyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,692
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    where did i say that?o thats right i never did.i quit wow because *snip*
    Then what are you doing posting and, arguably, whining on a discussion board dedicated to world of warcraft? Usually when I quit a game, I stop caring what happens to it after I've left.

    Armory | What we do in life, it echoes in eternity.
    Blog | Hogi's Blogspot.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    Are you really still doing this? You've been whining about warriors so many patches now and yet somehow we've managed to stay somewhat competitive. Not as good as some, of course, but there's 11 classes currently in game and let's imagine that 5 of those are on somewhat equal footing with the other 6 left behind; nothing suggests warriors must be in the top 5 or bottom 6, all we can say with certainty is that we're going to somewhere, and not all too bad for it.

    You on the other hand, while you may have a point, conduct your argument in a really poor manner. You spend so much time being smug and arrogant that you don't actually read what other people got to say to you. If they, god forbid, give you the impression of not having the same issues, you go full defensive mode and say they're shit and play at a level far beneath that of your fine self. You have so many logical fallacies that it really doesn't matter if you actually are on to something when you can't construct it worth a damn. Just quit the game if you aren't happy, that is the only option left for you because you're too damn dumb to construct an argument in a way that may, or may not, prompt change.

    Also, on topic: TFB nerfed to 3 charges is a good change. Lowers the potential DPR and DPE but it is a change that'll simply smooth the curve. The big spikes will be gone, but to compensate you'll have more medium sized spikes.

    Comparing it to Chaos bolt isn't really valid, and I hope you see why once you calm down.

    wtf are you talking about?read my first post b4 trying to talk down to me.hell read all my posts,i have not insulted named called any1 who has/did not do it to me first.you sit there and say well yeah you got a point and your right ect,but then say im whining about it.look i dont play wow anymore and warrior nerfs are something that i know will happen "more on the way or in next patch".all i did was make a post about a game i once played and enjoyed every much and i have to listen to people try and troll me,like you are doing now.

    as for tfb if people think thats the reason why pvp in wow is so fucked up then i do not know what to tell you.i was comparing chaos to tfb because they both hit hard
    and ones getting nerfed while the other is not. actually now tfb is weaker then chaos bolt and harder to get stacks.all these nerfs warrior got are uncalled for,blizz is nerfing the wrong things,"silence on pummel was a needed nerf".blizz will nerf warrior utility then nerf damage/cd stacking "which has already started" down the line making then worthless again.or do you really think that warrior fear was so op'ed it needed to be nerfed?

    warrior damage outside of cd stacking is not that great "look at the pic posted in here".a warrior can be cc'ed during there cds,making them useless.but i guess players of other classes dont wan to have to cc,just nuke and look at #'s. when i go against another warrior this is what i do when he pops cds.shockwave,disarm,fear,intervien out the charge back in for stun.by that time banner and reck are gone.drop a fuckign frost ring works wonders,right?
    Last edited by meathead; 2012-11-10 at 05:09 PM.

  11. #51
    Wasnt the argument in favor of Heroic strike hitting for near one shot damage was 5 Stack of TfB happen once in a blue moon?

  12. #52
    The Lightbringer Bigbazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    3,239
    It doesnt really effect pve dps much, because 5 stacks only really happened when you got very lucky, which may happen like 1-2 times per whole raiding night in a realistic situation. So sure it does kill any chance of you lucking into a really good dps parse because of TFB procs, but for the rest of the time it makes very little difference.

    I do think they could do with buffing arms in other areas though if the change does go in, 5 stacks of TFB basically never happened, but when it did happen you hit for ridiculous ammounts.

    Maybe they should now increase the chance to proc TFB with the max of 3 stacks, it would be in an average situation an increase in sustained dps, even if in the "stars align" situation it's a nerf. I can see why pvp warriors could be angry, but really? It was a system where basically relied on a really unreliable RNG situation to occur, in order to win with excessive ammounts of luck damage.


    As a PVE arms warrior I hated the system because you always felt annoyed that "I didnt do good damage because I had 5 TFB stacks in the whole fight".... followed by "lol i just had 5 stacks instantly at the start, and then a further 15 multiproc stacks during the fight" doing ridiculous dps... and then back to "I didnt get enough TFB stacks" for the rest of the night.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-11-10 at 05:45 PM.
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by warpath2k View Post
    I have a warrior and I'm ok with this. Will maybe stop so much whining. It is so hard and rare to get a 5 stack in PVP it won't be game breaking. Like you say just whiners that think its easy to get will be happy and thus move on to something else.
    Nope they will just keep complaining until blizz nerfs us to the point that we are not competitive in pvp without a support group, just like has happened every other expansion.

    I can live with that though as long as they don't cripple our dps output in raids.

  14. #54
    Warrior gameplay in pvp is the most boring experience now. It was fun for a couple weeks but i got sick and tired VERY fast being based around one fucking macro and having a billion fucking CC.

    Like. Fuck. At least in 4.3 we had to work for our damage and line it up before we bursted, and we didn't rely on bursting to get a kill due to having glorious sustain. I'd rather rub sand paper on my balls before doing another arena match on my warrior in season 12, most repetitive experience I have been in, you would think they would have learnt their lesson on cooldown stacking back in season 9 when warriors did it then.

    Just gonna stick with PvE for now and hopefully warriors improve, so far each nerf we have received is good, bloodbath and stormbolt look more appealing now and I hope shockwave gets nerfed or the other 2 buffed so they are also viable options for pvp.

  15. #55
    Don't care, really. Funny thing. I NEVER EVER used heroic strike with TfB in BGs and arenas. Never. I just kinda forget about this thing, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    Warrior gameplay in pvp is the most boring experience now. It was fun for a couple weeks but i got sick and tired VERY fast being based around one fucking macro and having a billion fucking CC.

    Like. Fuck. At least in 4.3 we had to work for our damage and line it up before we bursted, and we didn't rely on bursting to get a kill due to having glorious sustain. I'd rather rub sand paper on my balls before doing another arena match on my warrior in season 12, most repetitive experience I have been in, you would think they would have learnt their lesson on cooldown stacking back in season 9 when warriors did it then.

    Just gonna stick with PvE for now and hopefully warriors improve, so far each nerf we have received is good, bloodbath and stormbolt look more appealing now and I hope shockwave gets nerfed or the other 2 buffed so they are also viable options for pvp.
    Warrior pvp in cata? What? You mean practice dolls? Useless defenseless practice dolls?

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Quora View Post
    I think TfB should be nerfed but I feel they may go overboard on the total nerfs to the class. I play a warrior and sure getting a 5 stack and winning a game just because you one shot somebody is funny but it isn't balanced at all.

    This was from a 2s game last night.
    The team you were playing against is really bad to allow you to beat on them like that....That's your balance. You also got extremely lucky to get 5 stacks at all.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainreactor View Post
    Wasnt the argument in favor of Heroic strike hitting for near one shot damage was 5 Stack of TfB happen once in a blue moon?
    Blizzard said it a long time ago that if a ability has a 1% chance to instant kill a target that they will change that spell because it is bad game-design.

    And Chaos Bolt may hit hard but using Blizzards own worlds

    Even though it is off-topic, Chaos Bolt damage is something that has been mentioned here a few times. Understand that mistakes in arena should be something that creates consequences for you. Allowing a three second cast like Chaos bolt to finish is a mistake and as such the consequence is lots of incoming damage. The only time there is an exception to the three second cast is when Backdraft affects Chaos Bolt, which you can see coming from the Warlock having three Burning Embers. Awareness and good reactions helps preventing damage from this though. You can also force the Warlock into using their Burning Embers defensively on Ember Tap or other skills so they cannot cast as many Chaos bolts. I recommend that you open up a separate thread to discuss Warlocks and Chaos Bolt, this topic is about Warrior damage and Taste for Blood.
    Blizzard clearly thinks that Chaos Bolt is for the moment fine (might get a small nerf) because it is a 3 sec cast and lets be clear if you can manage to stand still and actually cast for 3 secs without somebody hitting you and not getting interrupted you deserve to hit hard. Being able to get a single cast of is often difficult since Blizzard has decided to give everybody a interrupt but actually getting to cast a 3 sec spell was even during TBC unthinkable.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    Warrior pvp in cata? What? You mean practice dolls? Useless defenseless practice dolls?
    Beats the hell out of one button wonder warrior pvp in mop if you ask me.

    Realistically, yes we were pretty shit at the end of cata, my point though is that our damage 'model', if you will, should have stayed in mop, as in, lambs to the slaughter mechanic, in cata it didnt really work because we had pretty shit mobility but now we easily have the mobility to justify having a ramp up mechanic.

    A ramp up mechanic would accomplish warriors not popping one button wonder shot macro right off the bat, and it allows warriors to work for our damage, then again thats just me and how i see it, not many warriors liked lambs to the slaughter and i can understand that.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It doesnt really effect pve dps much, because 5 stacks only really happened when you got very lucky, which may happen like 1-2 times per whole raiding night in a realistic situation. So sure it does kill any chance of you lucking into a really good dps parse because of TFB procs, but for the rest of the time it makes very little difference.

    I do think they could do with buffing arms in other areas though if the change does go in, 5 stacks of TFB basically never happened, but when it did happen you hit for ridiculous ammounts.

    Maybe they should now increase the chance to proc TFB with the max of 3 stacks, it would be in an average situation an increase in sustained dps, even if in the "stars align" situation it's a nerf. I can see why pvp warriors could be angry, but really? It was a system where basically relied on a really unreliable RNG situation to occur, in order to win with excessive ammounts of luck damage.


    As a PVE arms warrior I hated the system because you always felt annoyed that "I didnt do good damage because I had 5 TFB stacks in the whole fight".... followed by "lol i just had 5 stacks instantly at the start, and then a further 15 multiproc stacks during the fight" doing ridiculous dps... and then back to "I didnt get enough TFB stacks" for the rest of the night.
    increasing the pro chance of tfb is a really good idea.with it being weaker and only going up to 3 stacks now,having better procs rates would not hurt pvp at all.good idea byt sadly it will not happen.like i said before blizz is in there nerfing warrior mode and we will not see a single buff probably until the next x-pac.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 01:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    Beats the hell out of one button wonder warrior pvp in mop if you ask me.

    Realistically, yes we were pretty shit at the end of cata, my point though is that our damage 'model', if you will, should have stayed in mop, as in, lambs to the slaughter mechanic, in cata it didnt really work because we had pretty shit mobility but now we easily have the mobility to justify having a ramp up mechanic.

    A ramp up mechanic would accomplish warriors not popping one button wonder shot macro right off the bat, and it allows warriors to work for our damage, then again thats just me and how i see it, not many warriors liked lambs to the slaughter and i can understand that.
    lambs was just bad and im glad to see it gone.i give blizz credit,thats one good change they made.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 01:40 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    The team you were playing against is really bad to allow you to beat on them like that....That's your balance. You also got extremely lucky to get 5 stacks at all.
    i agree and most people are to blind to see bad play.look at those damage #'s-only big # i see is a 200k tfb hit.now look at the rest of the #'s,they are actully weak,but no1 will comment on that,especialy other classes.they just keep saying warrior are op'ed bs.10k op and 27 k ms,wow thats scary lol.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Scinder View Post
    You realize i have more than one account right ? Oh thats right youre some ignorant kid who thinks he knows everything.

    Mean while ill sit here laughing at you because i have nothing to prove to you or anyone else, i know what ive accomplished, and im sitting on money from doing so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •