Thread: TFB nerfed

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    Im an 8 time Gladiator, i find it funny how youre defending Chaos Bolt.

Taste for Blood stacks can be completely prevented, Burning Embers cannot.

Oh maybe you dont play a Warlock, because theres a little something called unending resolve which makes your casts unpreventable, meaning no silences and interrupts while active for 8 seconds, in addition to reducing damage on you by 40%.

You can also double that output my putting Havok on another target, doing equal damage to that target. Meaning during that cast time of less than a few seconds you can throw out two Chaos bolts doing roughly 500k total damage.

Quit trying to act like you play at a higher rating than me, because you dont.

P.S - I play every class at max level, i have plenty of experience with all classes. Chaos Bolt is far more overpowered than lucky TFB procs which can and are entirely prevented by players who are paying attention and know how to play the game.
    you can stop burning embers by bursting the lock forcing him to heal himself with them = no chaos bolts and as for unending resolve try maby fearing or stunning him during that time so he cant cast? maby jump back and recharge ? plenty of ways to counter that as well or heres another awesome idea as a warrior let him cast it while its on its way time your spell reflect so it gets the chaos bolt and dont be stupid by popping it to early or they can just felflame your reflect. Stop complaining you can easily stop a chaos bolt a 300k hs you cannot stop

Quote Originally Posted by Vorondil View Post
    I'm a warrior and I support these nerfs.
    Post your armory please

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 03:12 AM ----------

Seriously, getting more than 2 stacks and actually landing a hit is already quite rare, not to mention 5 stacks.

Stop nerfing us in PvE. Signed every prot warrior who wanted a real talent for lv90, learned to deal with avatar, then had it nerfed.

a 300k hs you cannot stop
    Oh cool looks like slows, snares, stuns, poly, cyclone, hex, fear and disarm all got removed from the game. Man I guess it really is impossible to get that buff to fall off a warrior.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2012-11-14 at 04:01 AM.

I think it's extremely fair, since TfB is capped at 3(and, let's be honest, it needed a nerf) to buff it a little, maybe you do 5% more melee damage per stack or something?

Sounds win-win to me, stops 5 stacks one shots, and increases warrior sustained damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Sounds win-win to me, stops 5 stacks one shots, and increases warrior sustained damage.
    win-win? where is the sustained dmg buff then?

Quote Originally Posted by kenshiro View Post
    win-win? where is the sustained dmg buff then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    maybe you do 5% more melee damage per stack or something?
    three stacks would give you a 15% melee damage buff; is that not reasonable?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    Nope, i dont link to bad players, especially my main account.

Did i say that im dying to Warlocks ? Nope, i said i know how to play one and i can easily do double the amount of damage that a CD Stacked Heroic Strike can do in a 3 second cast period.

People like you continue to deny that things are overpowered because you do not care for balance, you only care about your class being good.
    It's long time since I ran into a guy like you - I'm so happy you are banned from here!
    I really dislike people like you, and I really don't care whether or not you are 8 times Glad. The attitude is just.. GAAAAAAAAH!
    You are among those, who can make WoW a shitty experience for newcommers, and make old players leave!

15+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I read was "lmfao"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Welcome to your first expension to an MMO, ever. While there were issues, it was a smooth launch, more or less.

If this WASN'T your first expansion to an MMO, please wait patiently while I look for nice and sturdy palm tree to ram your face against.

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Post your armory please

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 03:12 AM ----------

Seriously, getting more than 2 stacks and actually landing a hit is already quite rare, not to mention 5 stacks.
    Does it matter how rare/hard it is to do? All that matters is that it IS possible to practically one shot people with 5 stacks and cooldowns. It shouldn't be a part of the game, any sane PvPer wants it gone. I'm really disappointed that someone actually complained about them changing this.

You can argue that warriors should get some sustained compensation as a result to which I agree but don't try to pretend that 5 stacks TFB cooldown stacking ever had any place in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdiskspace View Post
    you can stop burning embers by bursting the lock forcing him to heal himself with them = no chaos bolts and as for unending resolve try maby fearing or stunning him during that time so he cant cast? maby jump back and recharge ? plenty of ways to counter that as well or heres another awesome idea as a warrior let him cast it while its on its way time your spell reflect so it gets the chaos bolt and dont be stupid by popping it to early or they can just felflame your reflect. Stop complaining you can easily stop a chaos bolt a 300k hs you cannot stop
    what happens if a player is cc'ed 40yards away from a lock,like a fcer.how on earth does an fcer stop that lock from dpsing him?los right,cool.if that works for an fcer,then any class can los a warrior with 5 stack of tfb.all a lock would have to do is port away from said warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    whats more rare a 5 stack of tfb or a lock blasting you for 150k+ with chaos bolt?did they nerf chaos bolt,didnt think so.
    Chaos bolt can be interrupted via simple spell interrupt. TFB stacks can't except via stun/cc. Apple and orange comparison much?

I'm a warrior and support the nerfs. Probably better called balancing than nerfing.

yeah you got me there!warriors can not and will not ever be cc'ed period!warriors can not be slowed,sheeped,disarmed, feared, cycloned, frost ring,blinded,hexed,hunter traps,ice trap,the new pally stuns,rooted or kited at all.thank you for the info and your great post.

since you know all about warriors please tell me this. before i quit wow,any time i poped my cd's in arena "GOOD TEAMS" would just cc me.how can they counter me/warrior when you say warriors are not counterable
    Warrior hits 3 stacks: Pops Avatar(cannot be snared or rooted), Berserker's Rage(cannot be feared), Focus Heroic Throw to Gag order any caster who can CC, has CC for anything else that just might be thrown at him, Charge stun+Shockwave on their primary target.

With all CDs popped, they just aren't realistically counterable. Disarm lasts for 1-2 seconds.

Yes, in 2200+ I agree, warriors are balanced - maybe a little underpowered, however in 0-2000 they are completely OP. A good team who can perfectly coordinate CCs can lock down a warrior..assuming they have classes that CAN cc him...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Warrior hits 3 stacks: Pops Avatar(cannot be snared or rooted), Berserker's Rage(cannot be feared), Focus Heroic Throw to Gag order any caster who can CC, has CC for anything else that just might be thrown at him, Charge stun+Shockwave on their primary target.

With all CDs popped, they just aren't realistically counterable. Disarm lasts for 1-2 seconds.

Yes, in 2200+ I agree, warriors are balanced - maybe a little underpowered, however in 0-2000 they are completely OP. A good team who can perfectly coordinate CCs can lock down a warrior..assuming they have classes that CAN cc him...
    "A good team who can perfectly coordinate CCs can lock down a warrior..assuming they have classes that CAN cc him"

you said it yourself,warrior can be cc'ed.after the patch it will be even easier.

warriors need some up time on targets-outside of Shockwave warriors do not have alot of grip.hamstring is weak and theres more cc in game now then ever before.alot of new warrior ability's in mop are being nerfed-bilzz could at-least make hamstring instant or be applied by ms.its clunky/slow even having it macro-ed into charge.
    Last edited by meathead; 2012-11-14 at 11:28 PM.

"A good team who can perfectly coordinate CCs can lock down a warrior..assuming they have classes that CAN cc him"

you said it yourself,warrior can be cc'ed.after the patch it will be even easier.

warriors need some up time on targets-outside of Shockwave warriors do not have alot of grip.hamstring is weak and theres more cc in game now then ever before.alot of new warrior ability's in mop are being nerfed-bilzz could at-least make hamstring instant or be applied by ms.its clunky/slow even having it macro-ed into charge.
    can being the key word. Some teams can't actually CC them when they start bursting. Completely ignoring any interference from the rest of their team(at this high of a level - it WILL happen.) They have counters for every CC except for non-magical CCs. AoE Fear, Spell Reflect, Gag order, Avatar, Mass Spell Reflect/Disorienting Shout. They can solo lock down 1 person with AoE interrupts, focus silences - while locking down another with Shockwave (specifically talking during their burst), while being (nearly) unstoppable.

Couple this with their very high burst, Their instant kill potential, and their CCs... There's a reason why warriors are over 23% of teams over 2200.

To be fair, that number can be misleading, due to the recent MMR exploits, but prior to that going public, they were at a massive 19%, up from 11% the previous season. They're the highest representation they've been since Colossus Smash - They're tied with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    can being the key word. Some teams can't actually CC them when they start bursting. Completely ignoring any interference from the rest of their team(at this high of a level - it WILL happen.) They have counters for every CC except for non-magical CCs. AoE Fear, Spell Reflect, Gag order, Avatar, Mass Spell Reflect/Disorienting Shout. They can solo lock down 1 person with AoE interrupts, focus silences - while locking down another with Shockwave (specifically talking during their burst), while being (nearly) unstoppable.

Couple this with their very high burst, Their instant kill potential, and their CCs... There's a reason why warriors are over 23% of teams over 2200.

To be fair, that number can be misleading, due to the recent MMR exploits, but prior to that going public, they were at a massive 19%, up from 11% the previous season. They're the highest representation they've been since Colossus Smash - They're tied with that.
    this is were we disagree-yes CAN be cc'ed is the key word-that means it can/does happen.if you know your going to run into a warrior in arena,then bring a class that CAN counter/cc him.warrior fear = nerfed, spell refect= nerfed "it actually needs to be buffed" avatar = nerfed,gag order = gone,Disorienting Shout = no PH = bad.hell good and i repeat good dks can kite warriors rather easy.so do not say warriors cant be peeled or cc'ed.sure warrior have b-rage,but guess what,warrior still get feared from s-priest and locks,double fear and warriors are cc'ed.

after these nerfs to warriors you can preety much say good bye to MSR,most warriors will need safeguard so we are not sitting ducks "remember no gag order and avatar nerf".

and no warriors do not have instant kill potential-warriors can not run up to someone and have there MS hit that player for 400k.tfb requires uptime and "ramp up" with luck/rng.any class in game can pop -cds and kill another player in a few globals.

If your a warrior and a warlock chaos bolts you, you deserve it.

You can stun/fear through is interrupt immune.
    You can silience the cast
    You can charge stun the cast
    You can shockwave the cast
    you can heroic throw the cast
    you can LoS the cast

If you cant do any of these
    Spell reflect it.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

this is were we disagree-yes CAN be cc'ed is the key word-that means it can/does happen.if you know your going to run into a warrior in arena,then bring a class that CAN counter/cc him.warrior fear = nerfed, spell refect= nerfed "it actually needs to be buffed" avatar = nerfed,gag order = gone,Disorienting Shout = no PH = bad.hell good and i repeat good dks can kite warriors rather easy.so do not say warriors cant be peeled or cc'ed.sure warrior have b-rage,but guess what,warrior still get feared from s-priest and locks,double fear and warriors are cc'ed.

after these nerfs to warriors you can preety much say good bye to MSR,most warriors will need safeguard so we are not sitting ducks "remember no gag order and avatar nerf".

and no warriors do not have instant kill potential-warriors can not run up to someone and have there MS hit that player for 400k.tfb requires uptime and "ramp up" with luck/rng.any class in game can pop -cds and kill another player in a few globals.
    What I mean by instakill Potential is the ability to swap(assuming they hit 5 stacks) and instantly kill someone. It can, and does happen - albeit rare.

Yes, After these changes I'm worried about warriors. Currently they're too powerful. When ONE class is the reason a few comps do not work, I feel this is just bad, and you even said it yourself - "if you know your going to run into a warrior in arena,then bring a class that CAN counter/cc him".

Yes, Any class CAN pop all cds, and kill another player in a few globals. The difference is is NO other spec offers the freedom a Warrior has while they're bursting. Sure, mage can break any CC except Clone, but at the cost of his primary defensive CD. Rogue can Cloak during burst, but again - primary defensive CD toasted there. Warrior on the other hand has all of this freedom keyed into his DPS cooldowns - while not wasting his defensives(aside of spell reflects).

The huge issue with warrior is the low skill cap. Once you reach ~2200, every warrior plays more or less the same. There's just nothing else they can do. These nerfs are needed to balance them in the low - middle tier of arenas. They need something that promotes skillful play, as well, though. I'm not saying they should just outright be nerfed across the board - they just have issues that are being delt with. However, I feel they're going to get the same treatment hunter had, and just get a ton of nerfs/fixes, and then end up with a lacking class.

Quote Originally Posted by Critten View Post
    Taste for blood lasts 15 seconds.
    Disarm last 4 seconds with pvp set bonus.

orly?

Taste of blood is pretty simple to counter, from what I can understand, I don't play much pvp myself.
    What if you get weakauras then you can just track your targets ToB stack, and cc/disarm him when he gets close to those 5 stacks.
    Don't get me wrong, I think the proc is so low that it's no happening every arena match, meanwhile you got some other strong spells out there right now.
    You shouldn't have to play an entire match rotating CCs on a warrior just to avoid getting one shot. You should have to do more than build up 5 stacks of something and auto win. It's just a design flaw and there's nothing to really argue about. No one should be able to one shot someone unless under some extreme circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

is the TFB nerf on the ptr ?

nothing on the patch notes at least.

personally i do not care about this nerf since i do not play 2v2 and in 3v3 waiting for 5 stacks is not viable.