Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
20
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Just some quick napkin math with this log I have. Average CS is 27,702. I have 24.05% mastery. That means I get a proc of around 6,662 from hand of light. This results in a total of 34,364 damage. My average judgment damage is 46,849. Now things like glyph of double jeporady can skew this, and it's just some napkin math I did on my phone, but you get my point. If you do the math for your own character, through sims or a log, it MAY be different. It highly depends on your mastery level and weapon damage.

    Here is the log I used
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3434&e=4022
    And even though EJ kind sucks, it's discussed a little in this thread.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t130889-...ps_meters/p14/
    Post 198-199, some more in other parts of the thread, but you'll have to dig.

    Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)

  2. #182
    Armory Link: Juliett of E X O D U S on EU-Aggramar
    Worldoflogs Link:
    Questions, concerns, expectations:
    Right so sadly since this is my first post I cannot link my armory or logs. Been trying to up my dps since the launch of MoP and I'm trying to understand what I'm doing wrong. I know that on some fights I don't go full out, but on the HoF heroic fights I do except for P1 of Amber Shaper since there is quite some downtime waiting for 4 scalpels since we use that tactic. I have been slacking on getting T11 prot 4p for the boosted GoAK but getting that soon.. ish. I know that some fights I let Inq drop for a bit to long but its mostly cause I'm also calling shit out over VC and I don't refresh if I cannot attack the boss/adds, like Blade Tempest on Blade Lord Ta'yak.

    Rotation opening: Exo>J>CS>Inq>Wings+GoAK.
    Prio after that: Inq3>TV5>HoW>ES>Exo>J>CS. During Wings and BL I spam HoW until TV5 or Inq3.

    Gear in bags: Will Norm trinket, not upgraded.

    If there is anything that I missed, let me know. Sadly gonna have to look up the links yourselves since I cannot do it.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-03-04 at 07:07 AM.

  3. #183

    Need some Ret help!

    Hello, Paladins! I'm hoping you can give me a bit of assistance. I'm an officer for a raiding guild looking to progress into ToT. As part of that, we're taking a look at all of our DPS and trying to find ways to improve.

    Currently we raid with two full-time Ret Paladins, Reeth and Vorai. They're both fairly equally geared (I believe Reeth is slightly ahead in this regard). They are also very competitive on the meters, which is great! These three logs are from last week in ToT: Jin'rok, Horridon, Council and Tortos. I'm hoping you can give me any sort of information on what they're doing right, what they may be doing wrong, and any advice I can give them to improve. I admit that I know little about Ret, so take it easy on me!

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Reeth/advanced
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Vorai/advanced

    Thank you for your help!

  4. #184

    Need some advice with Ret DPS.

    Hello, I'd like to just start by saying I am new to these forums and have found them very helpful in the past, the paladin section seems to be for the most part troll free. I was some hoping for some advice on ret DPS, as of right now my item level is 484 sitting at 13.56% haste and I can hold a steady 58k-60k DPS on the heroic raid dummy with only my kings buff. I feel as though this is rather low, in raids (mind you only in raid finder so I'd probably look every worse with competent people) I seem to be way behind people with equal or semi equal gear. I know ret is a middle of the pack/lower end DPS spec but I love it none the less.

    I have been following this stat priority "Strength > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Expertise (7.5%) > Haste > Crit = Mastery" my gear for the most part is really, really crappy, I have both maxed enchanting and engineering, thinking about switching engineering to blacksmithing for the extra sockets for haste gems. I tie my execution sentence with the use on my gloves from engineering on CD combined with AW when it's up.

    The forums won't let me post link untill I have posted a few times, but my characters name is Brutaliate on the server Tichondrius US guilds name is Showtime. My belt is from my tanking set, best I have ATM so I'm sure that's hurting me.

    I switched to prot for a short while and though I would try it out, but it's just not that fun to me I have been ret since forever and have never had problems. So my question to you is, what can I do to improve my DPS? Am I about where I should be at my current gear level, or do I just suck? It seems scaling is crazy this xpac so maybe when I can get more gear I will see it improve but as of right now I'm stumped.

  5. #185
    Quick armory check has me confused. You're forging OUT of expertise on your sword, then shoving expertise gems in your belt. Y U NO THINK THIS THRU? Also, Coren's Coaster is absolute trash; ditch immediately. Pick up a Relic of Xuen (sad you missed the upgrade opportunity) as the ICD is perfect for ret CDs.

    Don't drop Engi! It is perhaps your best profession as a Ret, since you can (as you are doing) link SS to your t90 and buff each and every ES you cast. If you're going to change anything, drop Ench for BS, as you can then shove in more haste.

    Your priority looks pretty good, but bear in mind that at ~48x ilvl, haste begins to overtake Str. You're likely there, but it's hard to say. I would put Mastery > Crit as you gear up more, Hand of Light should be your top or #2 damage.

    That's all I can see from Armory stalking; logs/parses would tell a better tale. We have no idea what your ability/GCD usage looks like, your rotation/priority, your execution and time on target, any of that. There are a few easy fixes for your gear, but mainly you're gonna need a new trinket, new weapon, and some better reforging/gemming to get the most out of what you have. 4pc t14 is a non-negligible upgrade; 10% on judge/seals is pretty hefty.

    Also, pick up the Shado-Pan Assault neck, as it'd likely gonna be BIS for you. Do LFR and get some rep with SPA and get the cape next, also BIS for a long while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  6. #186
    Anyone got 4pc tier bonus yet? I`m really interested how it`s going to work since we will no longer have 15% TV dmg increase from t14 2pcset bonus. Idk if t15 2pc set bonus will increase dmg of mastery proc by 6% or just seal,judg,exo,es..

  7. #187
    Is it worth using Divine purpose for Primordius since even with CD usage, we are so far behind other classes that can burn CDs twice during the fully mutated ?
    Has anyone any piece of advice to improve my performance on this particular boss, I really struggle to get stacks and even then, my dps on the boss is shit.

    here are the logs of the kill : http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-j0...=12978&e=13337

  8. #188
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ge/Asur/simple
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/205241/

    Hey everyone, I recently swapped to Ret for my 25 man I joined and I feel like my dps is a lot lower than it should be. I know the logs are not the best because the raid leader kinda derp'd them up some nights but I struggle to maintain the middle of the pack if I'm that lucky. Using clcret I have "inq tv5 inqes howaw exoaw tvaw how exo jhow cs j tv3 ss" as my current string and I don't know if this is a factor in doing lower than normal dps. I have followed every guide I could find and I just feel that I am missing something. Anything that helps will be greatly appreciated.

  9. #189
    Don't go DP on primordius. Pop all ur CD's with the Heroism when everyone is evolved.

  10. #190
    Hey all, so last night I got the DPS Chest and Legs from Jin'rohk and Horridon (522, normal ToT) and was wondering if they are considered an upgrade verses the 483 LFR Tier chest and a 500 Ilevel tier legs. I would lose the 4P bonus of the 10% extra seals and judgment damage, but would keep the 15% on TV. For reference my Avg Ilevel for ret is 494.

    Any thoughts?

    (Would link armory but I logged out in my Holy set)

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Asur View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ge/Asur/simple
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/205241/

    Hey everyone, I recently swapped to Ret for my 25 man I joined and I feel like my dps is a lot lower than it should be. I know the logs are not the best because the raid leader kinda derp'd them up some nights but I struggle to maintain the middle of the pack if I'm that lucky. Using clcret I have "inq tv5 inqes howaw exoaw tvaw how exo jhow cs j tv3 ss" as my current string and I don't know if this is a factor in doing lower than normal dps. I have followed every guide I could find and I just feel that I am missing something. Anything that helps will be greatly appreciated.
    Going by your logs from 13th March of your Tortos attempts and looking at your longest fight (5:50), you've got an 88% uptime on Inq, which is reasonable but still on the low end of reasonable. You've only got 37 sec uptime on ES, which means 4 casts with one of them being cut short by the target dying (you've also got 5 casts of Synapse Springs, do you not have them macro'd together or?). I'm not sure how many bats spawn on 25M, or even how fast they die, but personally, I don't change to Seal of Right for them, due largely to the fact that it's 2 GCDs lost to do so.

    On 10man, I ignore turtles all the time, due largely to the fact that it's near on impossible to attack them without risking your own life, and even when you do it's very minimal DPS. I tunnel boss, bats are brought to the front of Tortos to be cleaved down, and I simply make sure that Censure remains on Tortos with Judgement (Glyph of Double Jep works wonders), and just HotR + DS the bats so that Tortos is also hit HotR, as if you use it on him, it will not reach the bats.

    If Bats are your real issue here, consider swapping to LH over ES, but mostly just avoid turtles, strafe left/right along the bosses front after stomp to avoid a lot of the rockfall damage and wreck DPS.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 05:50 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    Hey all, so last night I got the DPS Chest and Legs from Jin'rohk and Horridon (522, normal ToT) and was wondering if they are considered an upgrade verses the 483 LFR Tier chest and a 500 Ilevel tier legs. I would lose the 4P bonus of the 10% extra seals and judgment damage, but would keep the 15% on TV. For reference my Avg Ilevel for ret is 494.

    Any thoughts?

    (Would link armory but I logged out in my Holy set)

    Access to any logs and your armory would be wonderful, as people could sim your toon with the different items.

    Also, to get the most out of your 4pc bonus (provided you have enough haste, I would test this on a dummy before doing anything else), I would strongly suggest doing something like this during wings: (provided you start with 3 or 5 HP) HoW->J->HoW->TV(or inq if required), repeat, as J does hit harder, esp during wings compared to CS (unless your mastery is absurdly high for your ilvl), has no CD clashing and if you're doing a 2 target fight, gives you plenty of Double Jep procs.

  12. #192
    Here are the logs from our last raid: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0ag1ghqbbph3tlzk/ (Jin'rohk I healed)
    And Here is my armory, just logged out in the ret gear and spec: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Hamanis/simple

    Unfortunately Horridon and Amber aren't the best fights to look at to see were DPS at is, but its the latest we have.

    Think my Inq time was a little low on Horridon due to having to dispell, emergency heals for some people.

  13. #193
    I only just checked here now, and you're back in holy gear unfortunately, but you're right, Amber Shaper and Horridon are extremely bad fights to link as logs for anything realistic for the most part.

    Your Inq uptime was fine(ish), 90% uptime on Amber isn't too bad, considering you did get reshaped, however, it wasn't till the very end of the fight that you were so it's sort of iffy and on Horridon, 94.8 is fine too.

    If you were to look at the difference between your Amber Shaper kill and my Council kill (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/j37ee...?s=7412&e=7832), you can see the insane difference between my J damage and your J damage, due to the fact that I follow J > CS during wings, and you can see the insane difference in the amount of damage between J and CS for myself, vs yours.

    I would recommend doing it, just means not blindly following what Clcret tells you and having to think, but if you do it correctly, your burst phases should be doing substantially better.

  14. #194

    [Ret PvE] Help with squeezing every last drop of DPS

    Hey guys,

    Wondered if any retadins could help me improve my DPS, my Pallys name is Takeshiren on the server Nagrand EU if you want to check gear.

    I also have some questions!

    1) Should I use Sanctified Wrath or Holy Aveneger? I cannot choose. I like Avenger for the burst but is wrath better overall?
    2) I can pull 80k+ on most bosses, is that good with my gear?
    3) How viable are Rets in PvE in all honesty?

    Thanks!

    Daniel
    Takeshiren - Ret Pally - EU Sylvanas

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeshrien View Post
    Hey guys,

    Wondered if any retadins could help me improve my DPS, my Pallys name is Takeshiren on the server Nagrand EU if you want to check gear.

    I also have some questions!

    1) Should I use Sanctified Wrath or Holy Aveneger? I cannot choose. I like Avenger for the burst but is wrath better overall?
    2) I can pull 80k+ on most bosses, is that good with my gear?
    3) How viable are Rets in PvE in all honesty?

    Thanks!

    Daniel
    A quick go-over of your armory:

    Need to enchant your gear
    You have a tanking belt bought from the KTO for gold, perhaps buy the DPS one instead?
    Belt buckle
    Change pure haste gem in pants to str, due to the fact that this will give you 280 str which is > 320 haste in terms of stat weights.

    Logs would be better than you saying "I pull x amount on bosses", due to the fact that we can actually see your uptime on Inq, CD usage (ES, wings etc)

    As for SW vs HA, it depends on the fight in most cases, however, I personally prefer SW which does sim higher in T14 gear, T15 4pc, it gets slightly ahead of SW, but it's still by the narrowest of margins.

  16. #196
    Bloodsail Admiral Rivyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hell's out house (Missouri)
    Posts
    1,111
    Hello, I am looking for some advice on Ret DPS. Below is a link to my armorey. I have a 486 Ilvl

    To start off, I will point out a few things in terms of enchants and trinkets. I am currently useing windsong as I cant afford Dancing steel at the moment. Trinkets, I have not been fortuinate enough yet to get a drop/extra roll to award them and pants/boots are same situation.

    I also reforged in favor of haste.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Maliika/simple

    Rotation wise I build up three holy power, usualy poping Exorcism and judgement first as I am running up to the boss. Then I crusader strike and pop INQ. Build 5 holy power before useing TV, then useing TV every three holy power allowing the excess HP to build as I go through my rotation.

    To open most fights I pop GoAK, let it got for about ten seconds then I pop Wings, AW, and ES as well as my popable trinket.

    I use ES on coldown between poping it in conjunction with AW and wings since their 2min timers line up.

    I have about a 90-95% up time on INQ as well

    The problem I am finding though is it seemes to be a struggle to bring my sustained DPS above 40k, that is bare baseline rotation useing TV. When I pop my CD's at the start I spike up to 90k then steadily decline before poping my second round of CD's which bring me up to 75-80k.

    So my question is, Does dancing steel and the inclusion of strength procing trinkets make that big of a difference? or am I missing something all together?

  17. #197

    Please help our Ret Paladin on Horridon Normal.

    Our Ret Paladin, Amourinus - EU Thunderhorn, is having trouble with dps on Horridon. She has tried a few different ways, switching seals etc, but can't put a finger on what's wrong. I don't have any WoL records unfortunately. But I do have a few screenshots of skada damage breakdown. Hopefully from there anyone with more knowledge than our raid about Ret dps can help .

    http://imgur.com/x9or5mg,bHf03Af,2fKfjh1,uGzNcjq#0
    http://imgur.com/x9or5mg,bHf03Af,2fKfjh1,uGzNcjq#1
    http://imgur.com/x9or5mg,bHf03Af,2fKfjh1,uGzNcjq#2
    http://imgur.com/x9or5mg,bHf03Af,2fKfjh1,uGzNcjq#3


    Thank you in advanced.

    Halatosis

  18. #198
    This will most likely be moved to the fix my dps thread, but those pictures are all of the same meter, and they don't really help much. Logs would be best. Are you looking for more damage to relevant targets? Or just more padding on AoE so she can keep up with the other classes you have that are probably doing just that.

    Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)

  19. #199
    Ok, so the breakdown was over 3 diff fights. I understand that without WoL it is difficult. I was kind of hoping that anyone could point at any spells they see being used that shouldn't be, or ones that aren't being used that should be. Like seals, AoE spells etc.

    Halatosis.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Hello, I am looking for some advice on Ret DPS. Below is a link to my armorey. I have a 486 Ilvl

    To start off, I will point out a few things in terms of enchants and trinkets. I am currently useing windsong as I cant afford Dancing steel at the moment. Trinkets, I have not been fortuinate enough yet to get a drop/extra roll to award them and pants/boots are same situation.

    I also reforged in favor of haste.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Maliika/simple

    Rotation wise I build up three holy power, usualy poping Exorcism and judgement first as I am running up to the boss. Then I crusader strike and pop INQ. Build 5 holy power before useing TV, then useing TV every three holy power allowing the excess HP to build as I go through my rotation.

    To open most fights I pop GoAK, let it got for about ten seconds then I pop Wings, AW, and ES as well as my popable trinket.

    I use ES on coldown between poping it in conjunction with AW and wings since their 2min timers line up.

    I have about a 90-95% up time on INQ as well

    The problem I am finding though is it seemes to be a struggle to bring my sustained DPS above 40k, that is bare baseline rotation useing TV. When I pop my CD's at the start I spike up to 90k then steadily decline before poping my second round of CD's which bring me up to 75-80k.

    So my question is, Does dancing steel and the inclusion of strength procing trinkets make that big of a difference? or am I missing something all together?
    If you're only doing 40k sustained, I would doubt your Inq uptime is 90-95% uptime, unless you're just spamming it repeatedly. Logs would be preferred.

    However, you should not be TV'ing at 3 HP, TV at 5 HP or at >= 3 if no other abilities (ES, CS, Exo, J, HoW) are available. HP gen is higher on priority than HP dumping.

    You're also 395 hit over cap, and slightly under on exp. Would swap the hit/haste gem in pants for str/exp and swap shoulder gem for pure haste.
    Last edited by Serani; 2013-03-26 at 04:52 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •