Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ...
23
31
32
33
34
35
... LastLast
  1. #641
    Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    Simcraft does 50k fights and takes them into average. In real world rng during single few-mins try is high enough to ignore simcraft dps result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    Following this thought, lets say that after setting simc for selfbuffed only and selfdebuffed target only (aka IronForge Training Dummy mode) I get 260k dps result. Ok. I'm going to IF, start the fight. First try I get no procs, trinkets dont rly line up with cooldowns, I get 230k. Ok, I suck. 2nd try everything goes perfect, I have storm-to-storm 4p procs again and again, and end up with 280k. So, mission accomplished, I have beaten up simcraft, I pwn? Nope.
    Simcraft is ok for things like checking stat weights for averaged dps if someone is a calc fanatic. Simc is very good to simulate DPET. Simcraft is NOT very good for your oponenet to a dps race - you should know it on your own when you screwed something in an attempt or you did what you could.
    It's important to note what SimulationCraft is actually for: comparing and analyzing how small changes in gear and rotation affect your overall performance. It's important to note that the APL ("the rotation") for SimC is never perfect. It's just the best and most convenient solution the authors have come up with so far. Time, gear, boss mechanics and future patches have an enormous impact on this.

    The problem you described in your second quote is exactly the thing SimC is trying to solve. You have a predetermined set of buffs, you pick a target. You have a go at it, write down your dps. Change one item (or talent, glyph, rotation, etc.) and go again. The difference is 50k dps favoring your new thing... what does this mean? You go again it's 20k worse than the old one... what does this mean? SimC allows you to recreate so many fights played out with the same behavior that bad or good luck become statistically irrelevant which allows you to make a judgement call on whether you keep your new item/talent/glyph/rotation or revert to the old one.

    The published SimulationCraft "class rankings" were exposed to provoke the exact same discussion and innovative thinking that's going on in this (and this) thread: simc says I should do 300k, I do 220k. Please help!. Without the published rankings many more DPS players would be unaware of their shortcomings and would never get enough kills on all bosses to become retroactively involved in fixing them (even the most hardcore audience gets only 15-25 kills max per boss per difficulty when that raid is the current tier).

    So imagine SimC as a research tool. If your mentality is "I think I could do more dps than this. Lets find out!" then you're on a healthy path to improve and maximize your performance (not necessarily only dps) in a raiding guild or other environment and SimC will be a huge time saver. On the other hand, if your primary attitude is "my dps is fine, the SimC ranks are full of !@#$%" you'll most likely become stuck with mediocre performance with very limited options to improve.
    Last edited by Alpheus; 2013-12-28 at 12:38 AM.

  2. #642
    Returning player here. Do Ret Palas need to sort out /start attack macros? I'm sure it was something that I always had to do as a feral druid but something feels different now. At the moment without any macros, target switching and using an ability that is still on CD is starting auto attack anyway. Be nice if someone could clear this up for me. Thanks, great thread.

  3. #643
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ombie/advanced

    I don't have any recent logs or really questions on the fights, I just was curious about some gearing questions. I know my neck is suboptimal, I was gearing to be a tank but I found that I absolutely hated tanking LFR. I'm 7 runestones away from the cloak, but I managed to get Ret set gloves and legs this week, I've got the Flex Garrosh legs and a Ordos helm with a flex helm token which using the normal legs (I'd upgrade 2/2) and the flex helm for 4pc or just keep it the way it is?

    I've considered just doing that for 4pc for the time being until I can get in Flex and get set shoulders then wear the warforged helm I have on now. Not really sure if 4pc is worth replacing what I've got!

    I guess I didn't take into that reforgelite put me beyond the haste cap so I switched it up and I'm wearing 4pc now, thanks anyway!
    Last edited by Dextar; 2014-01-02 at 01:23 AM.

  4. #644
    Hey guys, i have question, since i finally got my hands on eye trinket (pew pew 10weeks only) how do we line up cds now? what should and should not be delayed?
    Second question, for some reason im doing shit load more dps using HA talent then SW, and i cant figure it out why....anyone else noticed something like that?

    Thanks, and happy new year

    PS armory in sig
    Armory links: Paladin Death Knight

  5. #645
    The trinket does not change your behaviour regarding delaying or not. Continue as before, just enjoy the increased frequency and uptime

  6. #646
    Hey guys could use some help with my DPS. Just got back into raiding since Wrath and I'm lagging behind the other melee DPS pretty hardcore. Any help would be appreciated.

    Note - Just got the new shoulders so that is the reason for the wonky hit/exp and the lack of gems in them.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...8/details/107/

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...romance/simple

  7. #647
    Quick question regarding CD usage: If I take Sanctified Wrath should I always use AW and GoAK together, or should I use AW as soon as it comes up?

  8. #648
    Quote Originally Posted by Alandalus View Post
    Quick question regarding CD usage: If I take Sanctified Wrath should I always use AW and GoAK together, or should I use AW as soon as it comes up?
    Split them up unless the encounter doesn't let you (immune/downtime phases). If you only get to use them once before the fight ends (Wings is off cooldown, guardian is on 30 seconds cooldown, boss dies in 60 seconds for example) then save wings and use together.


    Quote Originally Posted by Barnez View Post
    Hey guys could use some help with my DPS. Just got back into raiding since Wrath and I'm lagging behind the other melee DPS pretty hardcore. Any help would be appreciated.

    Note - Just got the new shoulders so that is the reason for the wonky hit/exp and the lack of gems in them.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...8/details/107/

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...romance/simple

    From the armory:
    Gems: 2x Shoulder Gems. You're also over hit cap so replace your weapon gem with a 320 haste gem.

    Enchants: Shoulder Enchant, Cloak Enchant.


    From the Logs:
    Quickly looked through most of the 3min+ logs. Your inquisition uptime needs to be higher. It swings between 60-90%, needs to be as close to 100% as possible.

  9. #649
    Field Marshal Otul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Light's Hope Chapel
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Split them up unless the encounter doesn't let you (immune/downtime phases). If you only get to use them once before the fight ends (Wings is off cooldown, guardian is on 30 seconds cooldown, boss dies in 60 seconds for example) then save wings and use together.
    Even if you have heroic CDR trinket you need to delay wings to pop up them with GoAK every time (unless the fight is going to finish)? I'm feeling very stupid right now

  10. #650
    Quote Originally Posted by Otul View Post
    Even if you have heroic CDR trinket you need to delay wings to pop up them with GoAK every time (unless the fight is going to finish)? I'm feeling very stupid right now
    Which is why I said split them up.


    If the encounter is almost finished, you need to start thinking. If you pop wings, will it be back up again before the encounter dies? If no, save and use with guardian.

  11. #651
    Field Marshal Otul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Light's Hope Chapel
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Which is why I said split them up.


    If the encounter is almost finished, you need to start thinking. If you pop wings, will it be back up again before the encounter dies? If no, save and use with guardian.
    Okay, I misunderstood you. So on pull we use them together, and then we use them soon as possible. And if there's the possibility to delay one of the cooldowns some seconds and use them together, we'll do it. Right?

  12. #652
    Quote Originally Posted by Otul View Post
    Okay, I misunderstood you. So on pull we use them together, and then we use them soon as possible. And if there's the possibility to delay one of the cooldowns some seconds and use them together, we'll do it. Right?
    Made a pastebin to outline it. First is no trinket. Second is HCWF Trinket (It will be the same for every version of the trinket, just different time stamps)

    http://pastebin.com/UuXcpCPJ


    Look at the 2nd example. If your boss fight ends at 7:30 minutes, you won't get to stack Wings/Guardian at 8 minutes. What you can do then is delay your 6 minute guardian and use it together with your 6:40 min Avenging Wrath. This goes for every use of Wings/Guardian.


    Obviously some fights doesn't let you use them as frequently/simple as this (Take Immerseus for example, if he's down and you are killing the blobs moving towards him you'll want to hold your wings or guardian to use them again on the boss) but the general concept stands.

    Hope this helps ^^ I'm pretty bad at explaining things

  13. #653
    Field Marshal Otul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Light's Hope Chapel
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Hope this helps ^^ I'm pretty bad at explaining things
    Thanks a lot, now I got it ^^

  14. #654
    Hey guys, I have a Ret Pally in my guild who is great at consistently showing up for raids, but his damage is relatively low. I've made sure that he's fully gemmed and enchanted, and Mr. Robot says he's pretty much optimized. I'd hate to have to kick him and I would really appreciate it if you guys could let me know what he's doing wrong.

    We do log our runs. Here's a page with his current stats, gear, and logs: http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...idan/Ranuuken/

    Thanks in advance!

  15. #655
    Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Made a pastebin to outline it.
    ty for the replies, this was very helpful.

  16. #656
    Quote Originally Posted by supreme jd View Post
    snip!
    He should socket exp-haste in all red sockets! and his trinkets are dire(but since his progress in soo is so low its okay)
    You can only do so much without legendary meta gem and back!
    Armory links: Paladin Death Knight

  17. #657
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    267
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytos/advanced

    I've been trying to figure out about what I should be doing, and where I should be at, and if I'm low, to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I can't help but feel my DPS *should* be higher but I'm really unsure to be honest. I don't have the cloak or meta, nor do I have a 4-piece set yet. Just now getting started through siege so my gear is hit and miss at times. I ran it through sim on just the dummy (as well as helter skelter) and adjusted the buffs to where I was just using kings (on the dummy that is) and it runs between 150-158k give or take on the dummy but seem to be having a hard time breaking 135k or so.

    In siege it's really hit and miss depending on the bosses. Most bosses aside from thok, my dps feels really lackluster at around 160-180k depending on the fight but usually lingers around there. Thok it's hideous and I'm usually getting chased back to back for some reason so it plummets.

    Is my DPS acceptable at my gear level and for what it is right now? If not where should it be? I like SW, but for the longest really did like divine purpose, even though it was a little rng at times.

  18. #658
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristaris View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytos/advanced

    I've been trying to figure out about what I should be doing, and where I should be at, and if I'm low, to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I can't help but feel my DPS *should* be higher but I'm really unsure to be honest. I don't have the cloak or meta, nor do I have a 4-piece set yet. Just now getting started through siege so my gear is hit and miss at times. I ran it through sim on just the dummy (as well as helter skelter) and adjusted the buffs to where I was just using kings (on the dummy that is) and it runs between 150-158k give or take on the dummy but seem to be having a hard time breaking 135k or so.

    In siege it's really hit and miss depending on the bosses. Most bosses aside from thok, my dps feels really lackluster at around 160-180k depending on the fight but usually lingers around there. Thok it's hideous and I'm usually getting chased back to back for some reason so it plummets.

    Is my DPS acceptable at my gear level and for what it is right now? If not where should it be? I like SW, but for the longest really did like divine purpose, even though it was a little rng at times.
    It's difficult to give feedback on anything other than gearing when you don't post logs.

    For Thok you need to stand in close when fixate is ending and you won't get a double fixate.

  19. #659
    Quick question should i use the Heroic Mace from General Nazgrim or the Regular Non WF Version of the polearm.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pahel/advanced

  20. #660
    Quote Originally Posted by hskrprd View Post
    Quick question should i use the Heroic Mace from General Nazgrim or the Regular Non WF Version of the polearm.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pahel/advanced
    Weapon dps trumps stats. Especially with the levels we're at now

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •