Page 51 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thanks for ur help PraisetheSun! So I try to improve my HoW using.

The reason of my less HoW casts is that in the first 10 seconds of AW (with the t-4piece-buff) I always cast FV at 9/10 Stacks and so - in this first 10 second of AW - I can´t use HoW as every second cast.
    I always thought that a FV at 9/10 stacks is stronger than a HoW at 9/10 Stacks.
    But now I am wondering if it wouldn´t be better to follow normal rotation (HoW as every second cast) even if I can not cast FV at 9/10 stacks.
    I hope someone understands what I mean.^^

One more question to archi mythic:
    I always used the AoE Seal for the whole fight.
    But checking other logs, I saw a lot rets changing to Seal of Truth when they went down.
    What´s better?

EDIT:
    Just got the 120k DPS at Archi Mythic.
    Thanks again for ur tips - especially using HoW always as second spell while AW.
    Last edited by WildThings; 2016-02-29 at 08:17 PM.

Deleted
    To clarify with regards to whether you should be casting HoW or FV, HoW procs both its initial damage, HoL, as well as Seals. This means that the actual damage of a single HoW cast (discounting possible SoR cleave and extra Fel Burn stacks entirely) is roughly identical to the damage of a single FV cast. Given that HoW is also a generator, it is strictly preferable to cast HoW > FV in any situation where you are not overcapping HoPo.

As to whether changing to SoT in P3 is preferable strictly for overall DPS purposes, it depends on how long Infernals/Void Stars are alive, and on whether or not you get a persisting Source of Chaos. If a Source of Chaos remains alive for a significant period of time (i.e does not despawn after a tank suicides, and thus lives without being a priority target), then staying in SoR is an entirely innocuous way of making yourself look slightly better on the meters.
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2016-02-29 at 10:15 PM.

Thanks a lot for the info about HoW vs FV!
    Helps me very much

Yeah, we also ignore the last Source of Chaos, so SoR might really be better for more DPS, even the infernals don´t live long time.

Deleted
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Helmine/simple
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: SW, ES, FV ( could go Light's Hammer to AoE more. but we lack a bit of single target so i choose ES for last phase boss nuking.
    Worldoflogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FCRb8Kx1HWypaZr2/
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I feel like I am making a mistake in my rotation, even tho my dps isnt super low, it's not optimal. At this moment I cannot figure out how to fix it myself, so I here I am asking the pro's for the tips and the pointers.
    Where do I fuck up, cause I am missing dps.
    Description of Playstyle: I try to follow sol's guide as much as possible.
    ATM I am using Mythic UH, Mythic EDH.
    The trinkets I got in my bag are HC class trinket and M DC.

Deleted
    Hello. We are just begining our progress on mythic and downed 3/13 so far. We have a retri that i am concerned for (mostly because he's my best friend), his dps has always been quite lackluster. We have tried to find some guides and improvments on his rotation but it doesn't realy give that much result.
    (Can't post links, sorry. replace the [dot] with . )
    Armory:eu.battle[dot] net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Konkelclaes/simple
    Logs: warcraftlogs[dot] com/reports/GJWj7CzKpw8yBL6Y/#fight=22&type=summary&source=15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaikosen View Post
    Hello. We are just begining our progress on mythic and downed 3/13 so far. We have a retri that i am concerned for (mostly because he's my best friend), his dps has always been quite lackluster. We have tried to find some guides and improvments on his rotation but it doesn't realy give that much result.
    (Can't post links, sorry. replace the [dot] with . )
    Armory:eu.battle[dot] net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Konkelclaes/simple
    Logs: warcraftlogs[dot] com/reports/GJWj7CzKpw8yBL6Y/#fight=22&type=summary&source=15
    His class trinket dropping stacks during the ground phase when you're basically stuck to the boss like a limpet. That's a pretty big indication that stuff isn't being tracked. He might benefit from looking at some UI options and TMW/WA to track buffs.

Didn't double pot - naughty.

Light's Hammer on a single target boss.

There are just lots of really obvious things without getting into details at the more minor gains end. I don't know what guides he used, but if it told him to use an AoE talent on the mother of all single target fights, then I just don't know. And if it didn't tell him that, then he didn't pay any attention to it. Are you sure he isn't just someone who wants to have fun and cba with trying to improve?

Deleted
    Thank you Thete. He's been a active raider before and raided multiple of tiers. He has always been a healer. I kno he isnt the best of player (he is quite bad at every other game we play xept hearthstone ._.)
    Anything more nitty and gritty you can find? It would be awesome.

And a q about trinkets. Is the empty drinking horn a realy big dps increase? He's been telling me that.
    Also can someone link some guides that aren't icy-veins. Having a hard time finding more indeapth guides.

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

found your youtube, but written guides would be awesome!

Deleted
    I have a written guide on http://warcraftraiders.com/tier-18-retribution-guide but Solsacra's in the 6.2 theorycrafting post is the definitive one.

Empty Drinking Horn is indeed very powerful for Rets and I used it on every fight on progression as soon as I had it. There is an argument for not using it if you have access to all the good trinkets on fights that last less than a minute and a half, but that probably won't apply yet.

There would be a lot of things to address, but it's probably best to start with the basics and go from there. That would include lining up Execution Sentence with the 4-set bonus and maybe even trying out Seraphim on low movement single target fights at least. Also, having a UI fit for purpose would be a big help. Maybe someone can post the weak aura string (I use Tell Me When).

Some of my WA´s: String
    How it should look like
    Last edited by Urthearso; 2016-03-08 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    I have posted a few post above this asking for help, I would really appriciate it if someone helped. Just need to get that bit of extra dps to help my guild in the first phase of arch to get the burst dps at start high enough. Would really like it if someone could take a look at it. Wanna be the best I can be for my guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmine View Post
    I have posted a few post above this asking for help, I would really appriciate it if someone helped. Just need to get that bit of extra dps to help my guild in the first phase of arch to get the burst dps at start high enough. Would really like it if someone could take a look at it. Wanna be the best I can be for my guild.
    You linked a log from Highmaul that you weren't even in

Looking at this: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

You can tell a certain amount just comparing yourself to your fellow Ret, although I can't tell which damage is useful damage and which may just be padding without knowing your tactics.

Take the ring. On the second use, you don't use Avenging Wrath until it's been up for nearly the full duration. Offensive buffs work best when they all line up together. I'm not sure about the second pot. If your RL is telling you to use it, then you aren't. If not, then Tentai probably shouldn't be using it at this point.

Your damage on the Deathcallers is way below. After the first one, these should be your priority target whenever up. You are at least beasting the Doomfire Spirits though.

On this one: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

You actually use Avenging Wrath and do just as well as Tentai. You also used AW at the same time as legendary ring. Doing useful damage isn't much trickier than that - just do it more consistently.

Deleted
    Ah Thete thanks, the logs are actually up there aswell. The one logging the raid actually kept it on for brackenspore aswell, should have done a direct link to the boss itself instead of entire raid.
    Second use I mostly try to save my AW so I can go beast in p3. But sometimes doubt due to thinking oh wait it should be recharged in time then ye.
    Second pot I save till p3, for when the RL calls it out.
    Thanks for the advice.. gonna try to be more consistently and focus a bit more on deathcallers till 40%(got them warriors beating them up after 40). Been a while since I actually raided mythic and I greatly appriciate your feedback. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out here. xx

ps. One last question. ES or LH? The other ret paladin finds LH better, but I thought ES would be better for pushing the boss in p1 and p3? Is there a big diffrence between the two?
    Last edited by mmoc84dace4971; 2016-03-12 at 11:17 AM. Reason: question added

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmine View Post
    ps. One last question. ES or LH? The other ret paladin finds LH better, but I thought ES would be better for pushing the boss in p1 and p3? Is there a big diffrence between the two?
    I'm sure he does with all that padding he can do on the Dreadstalkers. However, there are tight DPS checks and the way to beat those is with Execution Sentence. Macro it so it hits the boss regardless of which is your current target.

Deleted
    Thank you again! You're the best

So I was hoping someone could take a look at these logs and give me some advice on what I should be doing better in regards to maximizing my DPS. I just came back from a break about two months ago and Ive been in heroic/mythic for about a little over a month now I think. I'm still trying to catch up in gear but I feel like I can be doing a lot better on a few fights. I also realize I was using the wrong trinkets for Assault, so that one can pretty much be ignored.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=21

I've looked the logs over already but I just want second opinions and to see if i missed anything myself.

Also on a side note, what does everyone use talent wise for bosses? I've been experimenting with seraphim/FV on bosses like Kormrok, Iskar, and Council.
    Last edited by Vaeladin; 2016-03-16 at 05:25 AM.

I checked your log for Iron Reaver only.

When you cast Avenging Wrath, you're using your hammer then 2 fillers instead of one. usually it's HoW > filler > HoW > filler etc etc.....
    ( if you're using Hekili or CLCRet, they will propose HoW, filler, filler, HoW, filler filler.... but it's wrong because your hammer of wrath is coming back like 0.1Sec after using your second filler )

This will allow you to cast more HoW and thus improve your burst. I saw that you have 4.27% haste. Try to reach 10% unbuffed. This will allow you to acheive what I said above.

You did it right on bloodlust, but without lust, you missed a few hammer.

Also, why are you delaying your avenging wrath charges.
    3 charges should be used back to back in this fight. ( the 3rd one might be delayed a bit because hes charging anywhere in the room but then use it after that with your second STR pots)
    Then the 4th charge will come back for Phase 2 ( Mines phases )
    This isn't true for every fight where you would cast all your 3 charges at the begining, but mostly.

I tried to use Seraphim on KormRok, but it's a pain in the ass to micro manage your seraphim to be available when the hands spawn. Templar verdict is easier and if you get a EmpDS on TV use...it's pretty cool on the hands!!

Iskar, samething. Unless you have problem to single target the mythic adds, I don't use Seraphim. But I tried once, if everything is well align at the start, you get a pretty decent DPS.

For council, in progression, I had to use seraphim to bring down the big adds. But now since We drop him fairly quick, I use FV to get a chance of EMPDS when both adds are up.
    Last edited by Evolution69; 2016-03-17 at 09:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolution69 View Post
    I checked your log for Iron Reaver only.

When you cast Avenging Wrath, you're using your hammer then 2 fillers instead of one. usually it's HoW > filler > HoW > filler etc etc.....
    ( if you're using Hekili or CLCRet, they will propose HoW, filler, filler, HoW, filler filler.... but it's wrong because your hammer of wrath is coming back like 0.1Sec after using your second filler )
    It doesn't tell you to do that if you set your clashes up.

Deleted
    Hello.

I've decided to start playing my paladin again and considering I got a wep, I thought let's give retri a try since it's been over 2 years since I've DPSed. Conclusion? I fail hard.

sims (single target - patchwerk)
    S1: Mastery buffed @ 3min: 90k DPS
    S2: Raid buffed @ 3min: 115k DPS
    S3: Raid buffed @ 1:21m: 145k DPS

Real Life
    R1: Mastery buffed @ training dummy - 3min: 60-65k DPS
    R2: Raid buffed @ Kargath LFR - 1:21min: 78k DPS
    R3: Other paladin @ Zakuun HC - 1:21min: 156k DPS

The difference between R1 and S1 doesn't concern me as much as the difference between R2 and S3 does. Sure, there was no ring on pull and my contribution during the 2nd ring was lame because I forgot to watch the CD and prepare for it. But I doubt that accounts for over 60k of DPS.

That takes us to a little bit of self analysis.
    Looking over my log (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=38) and comparing it with one from Zakuun from a paladin with similar ilvl (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1), I notice the following things:
    - Hammer of Wrath usage significantly lower (lower AW uptime?);
    - Judgment usage significantly higher. (potential gcd waste?)
    - Less seal damage

If someone could help me interpret these and tell me what other mistakes I'm making, I'd be greatful.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...thvia/advanced (yes, I only have tank back and neck atm)

P.S.: I know that comparing different fights isn't optimal, but given such a huge difference, I'm pretty sure I'm having some massive screw ups.
    Last edited by mmocd98a93b720; 2016-03-18 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    It doesn't tell you to do that if you set your clashes up.
    Agreed, but not a lot of people know that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lamiwen View Post
    Hello.

I've decided to start playing my paladin again and considering I got a wep, I thought let's give retri a try since it's been over 2 years since I've DPSed. Conclusion? I fail hard.

sims (single target - patchwerk)
    S1: Mastery buffed @ 3min: 90k DPS
    S2: Raid buffed @ 3min: 115k DPS
    S3: Raid buffed @ 1:21m: 145k DPS

Real Life
    R1: Mastery buffed @ training dummy - 3min: 60-65k DPS
    R2: Raid buffed @ Kargath LFR - 1:21min: 78k DPS
    R3: Other paladin @ Zakuun HC - 1:21min: 156k DPS

The difference between R1 and S1 doesn't concern me as much as the difference between R2 and S3 does. Sure, there was no ring on pull and my contribution during the 2nd ring was lame because I forgot to watch the CD and prepare for it. But I doubt that accounts for over 60k of DPS.

That takes us to a little bit of self analysis.
    Looking over my log (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=38) and comparing it with one from Zakuun from a paladin with similar ilvl (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1), I notice the following things:
    - Hammer of Wrath usage significantly lower (lower AW uptime?);
    - Judgment usage significantly higher. (potential gcd waste?)
    - Less seal damage

If someone could help me interpret these and tell me what other mistakes I'm making, I'd be greatful.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...thvia/advanced (yes, I only have tank back and neck atm)

P.S.: I know that comparing different fights isn't optimal, but given such a huge difference, I'm pretty sure I'm having some massive screw ups.
    You are comparing 2 huge different things!!!!

The guys you are looking at, have his 2 set bonus and 4 set bonus.
    2 set = 3 charge of aveging wrath thus more hammer of wrath casting. in the first 1.30min
    4set = increase dmg by 5% each second for 10 second after casting Avenging wrath.

There a huge gap comparing your dps vs his dps.